It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis: Attack may be tied to NKorean succession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

SEOUL, South Korea – Young, inexperienced and virtually unknown even at home, Kim Jong Un needs at least a few political victories under his belt if he is to succeed his father as leader of communist North Korea.

The sinking of a South Korean warship may well have provided Kim Jong Il's 20-something son and rumored heir with a victory that would bolster his support within the communist country's military, a million-man force in need of a boost after a November sea battle left one North Korean sailor dead.

Kim Jong-un is Kim Jong Il youngest soon.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Seems possible, but if was going to use it to gain support he would have had to have admitted that it was him that organised the attack, yet he's not claimed responsibility yet as far as I know.

Then again considering how big a mess it is now, if I was him and I had done it I would be keeping quiet about it too

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

My question is how much information the U.S can get from North Korea? The same goes for South Korea. Let's just wait and see what happens. Sooner or a little later in 2012 he will have a successor. The question is who will succeed him.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

He'll only have a successor if north korea survives him.

America probably knows more about what happens over there than it admits but your right they probably don't know half as much as they'd like.

Its a shame I was starting to plan to visit North Korea on holiday in a few years. I'll bet the countries gone before I can afford to.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

North Korea is not a eye sore. A great and strict tourist attraction though.

top topics

join