It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can't say to God try being human and why did you make us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
These are just something’s people must think about God and feel like asking questions why we are here and if he knew the outcome anyway why create a world that would end up with people suffering.

Some may ask God.

If you are God you can never really know what it is like to have been human if you never lived like one?

Well in Christianity you cannot say that to him, God had a son called Jesus who lived as a human died in the hands of tortures, accusers, haters of his truth, rejection and betrayed but also gave himself up to be killed and died for us in making a sacrifice to himself to this world.
Which is more than what the average human lives through, but he knew this.

Why did you create us if you knew Adam and Eve would fall?

Even if God knew in his mind, does that mean he should not have created humans?
Is that not abortion on the human race not to go through with us, how many have been saved regardless, don't they have a right to live on after death here on earth.
Why should those who don't believe destroy us all, does not the right of the believer predestined have a right to be?

We would have been a fragment of God's imagination anyway, so if we were never created we would never have been real, we would never have had a choice to decide for ourselves, we have the right to decide to be real, maybe God knew we would say that and created us regardless because it is like having a child, it is your choice to have one, and if you don't he just lies suspended in non existence and just maybe even if God knew your child that never was to him it was real to him but in reality he never happened and was never here to decide for himself what was right and wrong in life.

Reality had to happen as a right, even if one human could be saved I am sure God would have made earth regardless.

God spoke the word of creation, he made us happen, imagine him knowing every outcome and yet it was never happened, would that be almost like hell, at least we decide our fate although sometimes we have to fight against the evils and wrongs in this world.

Everyone should be happy to be alive and to decide be it as an atheist or as a believer, I guess if you don't believe maybe God can open that door for you, you end up as his imagination that never was.

But is that fair, I think God can be fair but a lot will remain dead too and never knowing like it never happened.

Maybe that child that never was could get a chance once you are saved as your own choice in the after life, who knows.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by The time lord]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I would ask God why he made it so there were natural explanations for all the things we see around us, yet punish us infinitely if we don't believe he exists?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Sometimes I look down on people feeling superior in every way, like a master does an apprentice, or an adult a child, like I could harm innocents and not be charged with a crime because nature has chosen me to dominate the lesser species, then I think that this is probably how God looks at all of us.

Say what you will atheists, it's impossible to disprove God.

YOU are the WEAK and I am the tyranny of evil men, but I'm trying atheists, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
Sometimes I look down on people feeling superior in every way, like a master does an apprentice, or an adult a child, like I could harm innocents and not be charged with a crime because nature has chosen me to dominate the lesser species, then I think that this is probably how God looks at all of us.

Say what you will atheists, it's impossible to disprove God.

YOU are the WEAK and I am the tyranny of evil men, but I'm trying atheists, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by AProphet1233]

It's not impossible to disprove some definitions of God, because some can have flaws that make it contradicting, but you're correct that unless we map the entire known universe(And even then we can't be 100% sure) it's impossible to disprove a God.
And if the dominiance thing is true, does that give us the right to torture any animal for an indeterminate amount of time?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
God says in the Bible that all creation and his works are around us and we are without excuse of his presence and invisible qualities.

Romans 1

19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Text

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
God says in the Bible that all creation and his works are around us and we are without excuse of his presence and invisible qualities.

Romans 1

19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Text

I believe the god of the bible to be a very obvious fairy tale, and so I see this as people 2000 years ago trying to make their god unquestionable by his lack of presence or physicality.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
God has a way of showing his qualities to those who believe, its not the biggest miracles that keep believers going it can be the simple things that defy explanation and gives random answers to help people.
On the larger scale the Jews of the Bible are blessed through God, they are great at science and inventive qualities because God can inspire answers and open their minds. Christian countries are better off than non Christian countries, those who bless Israel will be blessed in return, those who oppose God's people will be cursed, if the Jews are lead astray they will be left open to their enemies as signs and patterns of God's large scale relationship with his followers. No doubt many Jews and Christians have been persecuted too when outside their culture or in conflict with another system or religion.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
God has a way of showing his qualities to those who believe, its not the biggest miracles that keep believers going it can be the simple things that defy explanation and gives random answers to help people.
On the larger scale the Jews of the Bible are blessed through God, they are great at science and inventive qualities because God can inspire answers and open their minds. Christian countries are better off than non Christian countries, those who bless Israel will be blessed in return, those who oppose God's people will be cursed, if the Jews are lead astray they will be left open to their enemies as signs and patterns of God's large scale relationship with his followers. No doubt many Jews and Christians have been persecuted too when outside their culture or in conflict with another system or religion.

If you can show me some actual statistics and information about Christians living better lives, etc, etc, you might be able to convert me.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I do not buy the god that is sold to us by religion. To create people flawed, living in a flawed creation, then to punish them for making mistakes? Yes we have self control but at the end of the day we ALL screw up. Its going to happen, no matter how much self discipline we have. Which basically means we are all screwed and there is nothing we can do about it. Nice.

Maybe the whole point of your topic is what god is actually doing. This is an idea I have heard elsewhere, but I have modified it a bit, and I really think it makes sense. Maybe, God DOES live among us, as people, with a veil of forgetfulness, so he DOES know what its like to be human? Maybe he even does it over and over just for all the different experiences? Who knows.

Maybe that is just what we are for. Vessels. Just a way for God to pass infinity, by living as every single sentient life form on every single planet in the universe. Every life form is you, just seeing the world from a different perspective.

Knowing is not enough. Experiencing brings it to a whole new level.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

And if the dominiance thing is true, does that give us the right to torture any animal for an indeterminate amount of time?

Right and wrong is a delusion for the weak provided by the strong. If it is a matter of conscience, does not God rule over that? And if it is a matter of realism, then you can certainly do that which you are able to do.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
God was created by man. The Bible is so flawed by contradictions, absurdities, violence, mass-murders, racism, sexism, sacrificing, etc, etc. Rape of virgins, killing children, marrying off virgins to their attackers that RAPED them of their VIRGINITY. Flooding the earth to DROWN innocent babies and animals. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, the Bible says to KILL your children for harmless silly reasons. You are SUPPOSED TO BE STONED if you pick up sticks on SUNDAY! Many, many, many, many, more.

Seriously, the adult fairy tales of Religion is not only ABSURD, but DANGEROUS. For folks to be CRAZY enough to believe in this NONSENSE, they are CRAZY enough to ACT OUT AGAINST NON-MEMBERS OF THEIR RELIGION which peacefully exist among them in society.

BIBLE THUMPERS: read my 1st paragraph REALLY GOOD. Do you still believe AND SUPPORT that bunch of GARBAGE from a book found in a CAVE?! Please tell me you DO NOT!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Shine71]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The angle of this thread is to say when you do finally meet God you may want to choose your words wisely, you can not say he does not understand human suffering, you can not say why create us and then reject us? In a way we are god's we are above animal kind, we know good and evil be it our own interpretation or the feeling of good and bad happyness and suffering and choices.

John 10
The Shepherd and His Flock

34Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world?
Text

1 Corinthians 3
On Divisions in the Church

16Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? 17If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.
Text

[edit on 28-5-2010 by The time lord]

top topics

join