How to pick up chicks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I consider shyness a medical condition of sorts.

Practice, practice practice. You just need to talk to people a lot, anyone really, just learn to talk about things. Mostly things that interest those your talking to, but that comes with practice. It may take you weeks or even years to become a smooth enough talker to pick up nearly anyone. You can cut that down by vastly increasing the number of "chicks" you talk to.

Eventually you will meet one that is interested. It may take 100's if your not really that good looking. Even sexy muscular guys with corvettes can get turned down, or never have a girl friend if they are to shy to talk to anyone. So just talk it up. Visit social areas and practice.

If your ugly consider working out, losing weight, or even seeing a doctor, and asking what might be done to improve things. I'm not very good looking, but I can talk it up pretty good and it took me years to learn and figure out the trick.

For short term improvement all I can say is approach women until you find one insterested. 100 to 1000 if that is what it takes. It can be hard if your shy, and you can spend 1000's on doctors to try and fix that or you can just go out and try and try and try and desenthisize yourself ro being told no or being emabarresed. You can do it eventually.....

Also if your outa shape you should consider trying women in similar shape first. That is not to say you cannot get a super model being fat cause I did on more than one occasion but it will improve your odds tremendously.

If I think of more I'll come back and put more up here, but for now just talk talk talk and get used to being turned down so you can keep trying without fear!

X

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What exactly does this have to do with Above Top Secret? Wait, I'll answer that for you: NOTHING. Take to BTS.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wasnt this info in a comic book advert once, right next to the guy kicking sand in faces?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here is my spin on it, in point form nice and easy.

1. Be confident. Do whatever it takes to make yourself confident, think of your good points not your bad. Practise flirting with female friends who wouldnt hold it against you. If you dont have female friends, go somewhere that you dont go often and doesnt have many people you would know. Tell yourself that no matter how stupid you look tonight no-one will ever know (worked for me).

2. Ask people for tips on how to look better. Basically neat, and clean is the best look to pick up with when out. DO NOT ask your parents, i repeat DO NOT ask your parents, as this will make you look 'cute' to people their age and you DO NOT want that. Once again having female friends is the best resource for this.

3. Be humourous, making a girl laugh is the perfect ice-breaker, and shows your not all that serious and enjoy having fun.

4. Have a drink or two (if of age) to relax. DO NOT have 20 drinks as this will make you look like an idiot (once again learnt from experience).

5. Do not be controversial and avoid topics like religion and politics which can offend. Topics like these are best saved once you get to know them a little better and they are less liely to be offended and more likely to have a discussion.

6. DO NOT pinch their asses if you are a dance club. I cannot stress this enough. COnfidence is good, but not too much, coz then your just an obnoxious prick.

7. Most importantly. Do not start talking to the chick with the idea you want to hook up with them. Talk to them like they are an interesting person, not because you want to get into their pants. If you arent thinking like you want to pick up, you wont be self concoius about your techniques, thus you will be yourself which is the best thing to be.

specialasianX cannot be held responsible for anyone who loses face or fails in these techniques. This is advice only and may not work for all people. SO please do not sue my ass if your not rolling in the playboy mansion this time next week.

Untill next time kids

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

What exactly does this have to do with Above Top Secret? Wait, I'll answer that for you: NOTHING. Take to BTS.

Can we be a little less hostile please, he is a new member...

I'm a pretty shy guy myself, but of late have been more charismatic and aggressive in my ' hunt ' for women. lol

Deep

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Deep.

I'm a shy guy myself, which is why i use the technique of forgetting i'm out to pick up when i'm out to pick up. If you forget your there to woo the chick you shyness will dissapear in a second.

And another afterthought... if you can pull a 'cheekish boyish grin' do it. Most chicks will melt from it. If you cant pull one off (i.e. it looks more like your baring fangs at her) dont do it. That unfortunately isnt something you can work on.

[Edited on 8-6-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

4. Have a drink or two (if of age) to relax. DO NOT have 20 drinks as this will make you look like an idiot (once again learnt from experience).

specialasianX cannot be held responsible for anyone who loses face or fails in these techniques. This is advice only and may not work for all people. SO please do not sue my ass if your not rolling in the playboy mansion this time next week.

Untill next time kids

yes....don't drink kids

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just be yourself. I dont wnat someone playing the big macho man. I want someone sensitive who will care for me. I dont want someone playing games and pretending to be someone he isnt. And loyalty is a big thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Listen to winter roses advice all you aspiring casanovas, i'm sure she knows what will work (i assume she's a she) more than us guys do. Hell, half the time i'm not sure what i'm doing (but thats usually because i ignored point 4 of my first post and went too far with the 'relaxing') but thats half the fun of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
how to pick up chicks.....

place hands on the underneth where the arms and the torso meet.

lift with a quick and deliberate force. (any extra lift created by the jumping of the liftee will assist in the picking up).

*please see your doctor before starting this or any physical program*

join us next week as we discuss what to do with chicks that have been picked up..

till then......

How to meet girls......

1. Talk to them all, as many as you can.....and i don't mean try to get in each ones pants, but just get yourself to a point where you are comfortable with people. Who knows? The girl you manged to say hi to at the beginning of the evening might have a friend that needs a hand with carring some drinks back.......which brings us to our next point.

2. Be a friggin gentleman. Open a door. Pull out a chair. Get her a napkin. Light her cigarette. You don't have to do all of that but i thonk you might be able to manage at least one. Anyone of those potentialy breaks the ice and gives you an in to start a conversation.

3. BE YOURSELF. Don't act fake cuz no matter what you think, no you are really not pulling it off very well. If you are gonna get to know someone why be something you know you aren't? Who knows it might actual y turn in to something serious. Then what?

4. Don't put pressure on yourself by aiming for more than that you can handle. i don't care what you say or do , you are not gonna take home every woman in the place, so why approach every woman like that? if you make conversations and move on and get to know more people it just helps your chances if anything.

5. know when to say when. pay attention to the conversation, to her reactions, her body language. if things don't look like they are going good thank her for the conversation and find another place to be. if you stay in that situation too long and cross the line of annoying, all of her friends at will know with a quickness. and depending on how popular she is, that could eliminate a good chunk of your possibilities.

that's all i can think of now....but if i'm wrong on anything please someone let me know......it would help explain a lot of things...

[Edited on 9-6-2004 by JOzOrko]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JOzOrko
how to pick up chicks.....
place hands on the underneth where the arms and the torso meet.
lift with a quick and deliberate force. (any extra lift created by the jumping of the liftee will assist in the picking up).
*please see your doctor before starting this or any physical program*
join us next week as we discuss what to do with chicks that have been picked up..
till then......
How to meet girls......
[Edited on 9-6-2004 by JOzOrko]

LMAO

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

2. Be a friggin gentleman. Open a door. Pull out a chair. Get her a napkin. Light her cigarette. You don't have to do all of that but i thonk you might be able to manage at least one. Anyone of those potentialy breaks the ice and gives you an in to start a conversation.

Be wary with this though many girls nowadays dont like the male doing the 'typical' gentleman thing (depends on the age group of course). If you are younger (teens to 30's) try one of these gentlemenly approaches but do it in a way that could be either serious or mocking of the practice that way you have your bases covered... if they're the old fasioned type they'll love you, if the hate old fashioned ways, they'll love how you mock them...

Dont talk to ALL the chicks you see in a place coz that will make you look like your desperate and casting a net. Find a group of them and start chatting. Watch their body language and listen to the tones of their voices. If they're not interested dont push it, just leave. If you cant pick negative body language you have problems. Some people can get away with simply saying when they first start chatting

'Hey i couldnt help but notice you guys over here so i thought i'd come have a chat, you guys dont mind do you?... (then say after the opener), if at any point i start to annoy you just tell me to # off'

Now this will work if you portray confidence, but it will also depend on the chick. This is best if you've exchanged words earlier on that day or if you've made some promising eye contact (you may also adjust the wording so not to offend).

I'll add more if i think of any (which i probably will) but keep in mind this works for me (20 male in sydney Aus) but may not work for you. Play your strenghts be yourself. No point going to a trendy techno club if you prefer to listen to sepultura, no point going to a Rancid gig to pick up if you prefer justin timberlake. Go places your comfortable in and be youself!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

Be wary with this though many girls nowadays dont like the male doing the 'typical' gentleman thing (depends on the age group of course). If you are younger (teens to 30's) try one of these gentlemenly approaches but do it in a way that could be either serious or mocking of the practice that way you have your bases covered... if they're the old fasioned type they'll love you, if the hate old fashioned ways, they'll love how you mock them...

Dont talk to ALL the chicks you see in a place coz that will make you look like your desperate and casting a net. Find a group of them and start chatting. Watch their body language and listen to the tones of their voices. If they're not interested dont push it, just leave. If you cant pick negative body language you have problems. Some people can get away with simply saying when they first start chatting

all that being said. there is no solid no fail technique. the thing it boils down to is the situation, and your interests at the time.

if you want to go further, the enviornment the woman grew up in, the enviorntment you grew up in, the enviornment both of you are in now and what both of you want at the moment. if she grew up in a place where there were no gentleman. everyone was a prick. she would be really open to someone treating her like a lady. how many women in this global dating pool always list, "knows how to treat a lady" as one of her qualifications as her future guy, not all of them but enough to raise your chances..

interests change like the wind and unfortunately there is no manual that works for everyone.

with out taking anything away from specialasianx. let me clarify my comments, due to the fact that you tend to lose a lot of meaning if the points aren't taken with the proper context and specific emphasis that is lost when you read the lines on a screen, oppose to having me explain it in person.

okay the whole gentleman thing. i was actually regarding those actions as a way to meet women upon first contact. not as guidelines to act on a date ,although that isn't a bad way to act on a date (for all the ladies reading ). example... if you were walking to a bar and there was a woman aproaching at the same time, you would get at least a smile from the lady, where as you would definitly adopt a negative glance, if you were to make your way before her and left the door swinging possibly catching a door to the face. speaking for a majority of people, i would have to say that it would suck being the one leaving the face print on the door as well as being the one who let'er loose. but hey it might work. there is always the possibility of her breaking her nose and the guy being a dashing plastic surgeon.

and about the talking to all the girls.....i was using that as a sarchastic example to say, don't be afraid to talk to anyone. granted yes if you sit by the bar and recite lewd remarks to every passing girl, then yes you are gonna be the bar creep. but if you are just your frendly-self and make eye contact with someone in the immediate vicinity, say hello. if she walks on so do you, nothing lost, but if there should be a lingering stare or even better a smile as well, then start making small talk. if it's something you feel is going somewhere, then great, keep it going. but if it's not. thank her for the conversation and find your friends (i'm assumuing you brought friends, if you went by yourself then i conceed, you should be the one writing this, cuz you are one confidant MOFO!, either that or an alcoholic
j/k)

well once again that's just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I go away for the weekend and this is what I get!?!

Hahahahaha! Well, first I would not advise calling women chicks!

White doves they might go for, but not chicks!:shk:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I really like guys that make me laugh. But they cant be the guy that jumps at every joke opportunity. It has to be natural. And I like it when guys make the first move. Confidence is also very important.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You forgot to mention money helps ^^

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
You forgot to mention money helps ^^

Especially if you stuff the crotch of your pants with it.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There really isnt any sure fire technique that will work. The best advice is to get off the internet, get some confidence, go out and do it. If you get knocked back, keep trying. No technique will work with every chick or for everyguy, you gotta find your techniques and figure out what kinds of chicks you want to go for... all above advice i mentioned is what works for me... but might not work for you.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
[Edited on 2004-7-8 by Teknik]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It's so much easier to just wait for the "chicks" to pick you up, hehe... That's my method of choice...

Course, I'm married now, so game over for me, hehe.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join