It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO; Cigarette-smoking toddler sparks outrage... 2 Year Old

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is just crazy.

So basically, this kid smokes up too 40 cigarettes a day. Which is just about 2 Packs.

2-year-old Ardi Rizal is said to be seriously hooked on smoking, consuming two packs of cigarettes a day. The story first ran on Metro.co.uk, who spoke with little Ardi's parents about his alleged disconcerting habit. Ardi's 26-year-old mom Diana comments: 'He's totally addicted. If he doesn't get cigarettes, he gets angry and screams and batters his head against the wall. He tells me he feels dizzy and sick.'

Of course, Ardi is brand loyal and will only smoke a premium one that costs £3.78 a day. The government has offered to purchase the Rizal family a car if they can get Ardi to kick the habit, but his parents are not overly concerned with their son's smoking. Says dad Mohammed: 'He looks pretty healthy to me. I don't see the problem.'

-Video-
Sheesh, they were offered a car to get the kid to stop smoking. Maybe a better approach would be to take the boy away.

------------------------------------------------------

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Oozii]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Those parents should have their kids taken away. They should also be in prison. What idiots!!!

Mod edit to remove unrelated image

[edit on 27-5-2010 by dbates]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Not only is this sick, and this kid should be removed from his parents. The parents probably got him hooked just for the publicity and attention they would get from it.

What ever the case, the parents are sick for doing this to their child. This is abuse.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Natural Selection will play its role here soon.

The medical Community might see their first case of COPD under 10y/o.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Jesus Flipping Christ! What the HELL is the matter with people?????
"Gee, my 2 year old is smoking but ah whatever, he looks healthy to me"

These people need to have their kid taken away and have their parenting rights revoked.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Taking a deep drag on his cigarette while resting on the steering wheel of his truck, he looks like a parody of a middle-aged lorry driver.
But the image covers up a much more disturbing truth: At just the tender age of two, Ardi Rizal's health has been so ruined by his 40-a-day habit that he now struggles to move by himself.
The four-stone Indonesia toddler is certainly far too unfit to run around with other children - and his condition is set to rapidly deteriorate.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba0bfbfcfe78.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

Poor kid. He can't even play with the other kids. Doesn't look like he minds though.

Nonetheless someone needs to do something for the sake of the childs health and life.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You have to wonder what the hell is the world and society coming to. This is just insane
Hey, and while they are about it, slip him a beer and a shot of schnapps too

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think I'm as bothered by the fact that all of those people -- and kids -- are just sitting by watching this kid smoke! You would think someone would go and rip it right out of his hands and let him have a normal two year old tantrum!

Further, by offering the parents a car to get him to quit, it's likely to cause other parents in need of a car to go the same route. "We'll just let him smoke for a few months until they offer us something like a car, and then we'll make him quit...."

There is no other word but: sickening.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wow, the kid even acts like a grownass man.

That's pretty sick. The kid looks like he's possesed by some demon.

The parents...what can i say.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
how did he get addicted in the first place i was 10 when i started and that's bad enough but 2 years old!!!! id love to get hold of his parents what a kickin they'd get. i know i cry that my governments always snooping and sticking their nose in my business but that government couldn't give a monkey. id give them the death penalty after all there doing that to their own son

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
2 words ...

Shocking & Sad

Woody

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Do you guys really think the parents are aware of how bad this is? It's sad but, to be honest, he's hardly the worst off child in the world. Either way, I'm not sure it's a whole lot worse than feeding your kids on a diet of lucky charms and mcdonalds.

I pity the kid, I pity his parents and I pity the whole community in which this is acceptable. The sooner the better we have a world in which we're all well enough informed so that this kinda crap goes away.

[edit on 27/5/10 by pieman]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
THis is just mind numbing. Nothing like a bottle of milk and good cigarette. Let's just hope he is no longer nursing. "Hey mom gotta a light?" after filling his belly.

Who gave the kid his first cigarette?
I suppose he lights his own?

Let's all chip in and get this kid his first Zippo.

God Almighty this reminds of the famous smoking Chimpanzee.

I think its time for this kid to be placed on a cold turkey plan by local officials while his parents sit in jail.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Burn baby burn!

Something tells me the parents aren't much older and probably doing the same thing.

Hopefully he disposes of his butts when he changes his diaper.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is very sad, but I must say that I know what the kid's going through.

My late father would light my cigars for me at the ripe old age of three, yes, three years old. He didn't trust me with matches, but thought it was funny that I liked cigars.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Hopefully he disposes of his butts when he changes his diaper.

I could probably take that line a little further but I'll hold off.

This is just so wrong and hilarious at the same time.

As a parent of twin 4 year olds I just can't fathom this story thinking back to when my kids were 2. Does this kid stash his cigs. in a rolled up onsie sleeve. The kid smokes more cigs. than my 65 year old COPD stricken mother in law.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ardi will smoke only one brand and his habit costs his parents £3.78 a day in Musi Banyuasin, in Indonesia's South Sumatra province.

He's even got his own favorite brand. Wonder if he went through different brands before choosing his favorite.

The parents are supplying him with the cigarettes. Which goes to show how much they really care about his health.

I guess they rather hear him coughing up a lung, than crying and having a fit.

But I do have to say, I've seen worse than this.

There's a video of an iraqi boy (9 years old) smoking '___'. Huffing and Puffing away laughing and going in and out of it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He also seems to be overwieght. What is this world coming to? I can remember if I put a cigarette down burning and turned my back my son would pick it up and start smoking it!!!! I whooped his buttocks good, he got a spanking he'd never forget, forget that I am a smoker; I am old enough to ruin my health if I want to, but no way on God's green Earth is he ever to pick up a cigarette under my roof!!!! He knows it, too.
I agree with the overall consensus here, he should be removed from that awful household!!!!! They are letting him get obese and smoke kid would die before ten forget COPD before ten!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If that was happening here in America the parents would have been arrested for child endangerment and the child sent to to a proper medical facility to get him clean. This shows how liberal thinking deteriorates a society.

Someone is lighting those "fags" for him. Surely he can't operate a lighter.
In Britain If the parents were letting him drink beer/alcohol would they get arrested for that?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Imo feeding your kids junk food like Mcdonalds and KFC most days of the week is nearly just as bad..'nearly', along with junk food snacks during the day as well. The only difference is that the image of a child smoking this early has a shock factor while seeing obese kids with obese parents scoffing down a big mac has become the 'norm'. Still, you have to wonder what is going through the parents minds...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join