It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! !Cover up ..It is a LEAKof a larger magnitude according to experts!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Dude, do everyone a favor and delete all the "edit on" tags in your OP.

Originally posted by budro
Soon enough you will be thanking them, just before you realize that you are not being taken someplace safe.

I'll be sataying right where I am. But thanks

[edit on 27-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
you are all over reacting. the oil will either come ashore or settle on the ocean floor. ina few years there wont be any sign of this ever happening. you do know all the man made chemicals we pump into the ocean ona daily basis are much more txic and damaging than a little oil spill right?
we could literelly sit back and do nothing and after some time this problem will fix itself. the earth has been through far worse and were still her today.
all of you need to jsut chill out a little.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well, since you seem so sure I imagine you know what I am referring to.

I wont be going either, and I hope to wake up a few more before it is too late.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak
you are all over reacting. the oil will either come ashore or settle on the ocean floor. ina few years there wont be any sign of this ever happening. you do know all the man made chemicals we pump into the ocean ona daily basis are much more txic and damaging than a little oil spill right?
we could literelly sit back and do nothing and after some time this problem will fix itself. the earth has been through far worse and were still her today.

I would pay to see you say that to Fisherman's or Biologist face.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

lol yeah, in a few hundred years maybe... and while the earth has been through worse, numerous species have been wiped out from those changes.

link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

maybe the earth takes care of it maybe it doesnt. that is not the worste of it.

If the masses get ahold of the info that the dispersant is deadly and the leak is way beyond our wildest fears, you can bet your bottom dollar that the gov will take advantage of the opportunity to implement serious changes, changes that your freedom lovin heart wont enjoy later on.

They create the fear and then create the solution an as a whole we bow down so long as we are comfortable in our own bed.

link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

Somebody needs to dump a thousand gallons on his work place and home and tell him to just live with it for a few years and it will deal with itself. No need to be worried!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This was the first thread like this I saw today.
I just love ( sarcastically) how people tried to tell the OP that this was only a plume drifting from the same old leak, and this is not a new leak...

Then I started seeing threads saying, Yes, there is a new leak.. or at least one (Leak, Not Plume) 5 or 6 miles from the old one that PB hasn't told anyone about yet. - these threads from different sources.

Those people were so sure of themselves, now they are proven wrong. If your going to debunk something as a matter of fact, do a little research first so you don't look like a jackazz later.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

you are correct in the long term......she has seen far worse than humans..... unfortunatly some of those "worse" took a few million years for her to recover (IE asteroid, volcano). also the biological oxygen demand to deal with all this oil will essentially kill most of the gulf and replace it with potentially deadly algae (red tide). no more fishing....no more swimming....a wasteland void of "conventional" life

edit: iam sure you are aware of the difference between the oil in your vehicle and Crude oil from the ground?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Majestyka]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by veiledvisitor

It might just be that you think for yourself?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This was the first thread like this I saw today.
I just love ( sarcastically) how people tried to tell the OP that this was only a plume drifting from the same old leak, and this is not a new leak...

Then I started seeing threads saying, Yes, there is a new leak.. or at least one 5 or 6 miles from the old one that PB hasn't told anyone about yet. - these threads from different sources.

Those people were so sure of themselves, now they are proven wrong. If your going to debunk something as a matter of fact, do a little research first so you don't look like a jackazz later.

I didn't really get that feeling earlier, I think that people wanted proof before they would buy into it. Part of the problem is then others posted links like the one I replied to on the first page that was just talking about another oil plume and not a leak. They are two different things and its important to get the facts straight.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i guess this fits,
i was watching the spill cam, twitter feed pops with a comment:

similar to,

"wanna know y there is an oil spill??? its those eco-hippies pushing all the drilling too deep off shore"

i hadnt really thought of this side yet.

yes its padding, pawning, and pandering but it might be from a roughneck who is absolutely right. corporation and gov entanglement are never ever good. campaign contributions, are you f***n kiddin me, that's called indulgences, even the catholic church did away with that one, mostly.

spill baby spill, crash baby crash. help em out.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

Originally posted by ahamarlin
OK not a expert here but isnt it possible to lower a pipe from a ship and suck the oil up from the plume?
I mean its not that hard to mis right?

I have been thinking the same thing. I'm sure it's not this simple but why not try? Send out a broadcast to the world - FREE OIL!! Bring your ships and take all you can carry. So what if it is half sea water, it's still free oil. Every gallon of oil sucked out of the plume would be a gallon that doesn't end up on a beach or some poor animal.

I would love that.. But.. can't be done.. some stupid people leases the land rights to PB and gave them mineral rights to this oil. So If anyone tries to take some, they could claim they are legally entitled to it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
1. i dont eat seafood, as im morally opposed to killing wildlife to sustain my own existence, heance i lack concern for some fisherman.
2. i also do not concern myself with the opinions of a marine or otherwise biologist, as they are pushing thier own agenda. henace they dedicated their life to a specific discpiline.
do i feel bad for hte animals dying right now because of yet another man made disaster? sure. any more so than those killed ona daily basis to sustain your diet? nah.
liek i said, in afew decades, even a few centuries there wont be even the slightest trace of this happening. and on a universal time scale, thats a blink of an eye.
theres more going on than jsut wahts 3 feet in front of your face happening right now. this isnt really a big deal.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

1. i dont eat seafood, as im morally opposed to killing wildlife to sustain my own existence, heance i lack concern for some fisherman.
2. i also do not concern myself with the opinions of a marine or otherwise biologist, as they are pushing thier own agenda. henace they dedicated their life to a specific discpiline.
do i feel bad for hte animals dying right now because of yet another man made disaster? sure. any more so than those killed ona daily basis to sustain your diet? nah.
liek i said, in afew decades, even a few centuries there wont be even the slightest trace of this happening. and on a universal time scale, thats a blink of an eye.
theres more going on than jsut wahts 3 feet in front of your face happening right now. this isnt really a big deal.

Are you Nutz? This is a Very Big Deal for those lives it's effecting.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
edited because I can't read sarcasm

[edit on 27-5-2010 by whoshotJR]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
edit

[edit on 27-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
To the OP,

I went and listened to the whole you tube video.
the real deal
Very alarming listening to these 2 experts that have dealt with these leaks before. They are actually pissed that they didnt do what they should have and tried to "save" their well.

Basically the gist of the story is that there is another opening in the sea floor and its getting bigger everyday most likely. They stated several times the so called plume is from another source miles away and allude to a cover up. Simply based on color of the oil from before they started pumping and the color of the plume. I urge you to listen to the complete video...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
How So? It was reported then kept secret until after Obama's press conference. That is a cover-up of facts to cater to political interest.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

i was being sarcastic, although i hadnt even thought there was an "other" side, because THERE ISNT. are you kidding? read my other posts. i am pretty sarcastic.

did you read my second paragraph where i basically undid my sarcasm and said that its all way, way too wrong.

sorry there is no sarcastic smiley.

did anyone see the ROVcam shift around the time i made that post? i have not seen anything move for like a day, thank you for pulling the camera back bp. now where is the kids who i know can make a deepwater self propelled cellphone cam, RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON where are you, friggin even kevin costner has a plan, what about friggin MacGyver?!?!?!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by arbrefeu]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join