It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's Over Lake Superior

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks for your compliment, I really appreciate it

Is the area used for jet oriented activities?

All the Air Force Bases in the area were closed long ago, since then the area has seen very little military Jet activity, with the exception to an occasional air show at the local air port. The planes normally seen in the area are from light commercial and personal aircraft.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks Kandinsky,

I'm glad I could re-spark your interest in the UFO section again. I tried to do something a little different with this one than whats usually done.

The MUFON report was strange and interesting, the way they describe how the object took off really gets the mind going on what was actually being observed.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Great post! Thanks man...i love a good ufo story! bring them on

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Marzman88

Thanks Marzman88 for sharing your life changing experience with us, sounds like you had one hell of sighting that shook you up a bit. Did you or your friend review the cell phone footage? I cant offer any explanations at this time, sounds like you saw ORBs of some sort unless you could make out a visible structure around the lights? If you check over the UFO board I believe a few other sightings were reported of ORBs in your area and across the lake.

Here is one of the sightings.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mosin Nagant

Yikes man that is strange, I wonder what the deal was with that chopper?

Keep your camera handy and keep us posted if you have any more sightings or more strange visits from the chopper boys.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by InSoul

Thanks InSoul,

I wish I could of found some pictures or video to add to it.

The eye witness reports were interesting.

I think the Doctor might of saw a drone, as for the other two reports I have no idea what they witnessed. Possibly a ORB or some rare phenomena.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Seems I missed a sighting when I researched the sighting reports for this area.

This new witness report I found happened two days before the string of sightings that I found. So now we have a total of 5 different sightings of 4 totally different objects.

Triangular UFO

Last night around 1:00 am myself along with another witness had noticed motion in the sky. Both my friend and i had seen a very large triangular shape fly from one part of the sky to the next heading i believe northwest in a matter of 6 seconds at speeds ive never seen before . it was pretty low and very large as well as completely silent . If you held a quarter in your finger tips and put your arm out that is how big the object was as seen by us . It was blocking out some of the stars as it flew through the sky . It was so close that we were able to perfectly see the triangular shape with three large round lights as bright as the stars in the sky and about the same size . The lights were perfectly spaced apart from eachother at each point of the triangle . I could make out a faint shape of the craft and it was a differant shade of dark than the sky . About 5 minutes later after the sighting there was a jet flying roughly in the same direction almost as if tracking or monitoring the object . The jet i could hear clear as day and it was up much higher than this object . I called the local airport here and i was told that the tower shuts down at 10 pm and that there shouldnt have been any flights or activity at that time wich leads me to believe it was a military jet . But that isnt all that had happend , about 10 minutes prior to this UFO we had seen two differant stars that had been moving at high rates of speed and every few seconds they would pulse and then nothing . They would disapear and then show up pulsing at another place in the sky in a matter of seconds . We witnessed this for about 5 minutes and then they were gone and nothing else happend till the triangular craft .

www.mufon.com...

Sorry the link wont take you to the report. The report is located in the National UFO Reporting Center.
State Report Index For MI

[edit on 8-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
reply to post by draknoir2

If you head north this summer to camp remember to take your camera, you might get lucky and see something. If no strange lights appear you can still get some good shots of a star filled sky, or the northern lights which have been spectacular so far this year.

I certainly will.

However, by the time it get's dark we are usually pretty well tanked.

One year we did make a point of driving to a big clearing where there had been a fire and replanting to view the sky. Spotted dozens of things moving, some blinking periodically [rotating satellites?], and there was an amazing display of the Northern lights that night. This year's trip will be over Labor Day weekend.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Have fun, the weather should be good.

If you get a little tipsy by sun down and see something in the sky, make a yooper tripod out of 3 good size sticks, or find a stump in a clearing to shoot from.

If nothing appears in the sky, you should still see a great show from the auroras.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mosin Nagant

Mosin Nagant,

Have you had any more sightings in your area or

heard of anything?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

Thats because the more "realistic" UFO reports are not usually "fantastic" in nature.

People would rather reply to a hoax thread then a thread that has some unexplainable points to delve into. Why? Probably because its easier to say "hoax" in a known hoax thread than it would be to give constructive feedback in a thread with unexplainable events.

Is my guess anyhow

Good thread though. S&F.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join