It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martinism, eh?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Greetings Mr Mundane Egg!

Martinism seems to have alot to it! I would imagine that ( as with any new knowledge that one stumbles upon) it will take a lot of sorting through the mass of information that these folks have offered, to get a feel..an idea of what Martinism is about for yourself. I think that is also the lure (for myself) of studying up on the more esoteric aspects of any belief system. Have fun and good luck!

Heather

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Has anyone had any experience with Theurgy? The Martinist make a big distinction between it and Magick.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Dr. Cummings & Rev. Keith Dear of the US CBCS published scores of documents showing LCdSM's Masonic membership. The Knight Masons Elus Cohen of the Universe was itself a regular Masonic body with many lodges and districts of lodges. Get your facts straight.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This as been covered in AQC numerous times. Apparently you have never been to Europe and conducted any serious research, never seen Joly's archives, never dug through the archives of the Grand East of the Netherlands and never bothered to ask any Masonic Historians about this. I am referring to men who do not conduct their research via internet search engines.

The Lodge in France of which LCdSM was a member, is the same regular lodge that Willermoz's brother and many others were members of. From military officers to shop keepers, medical doctors and Knights of Malta...they were all the members of the same lodge. The records, the minutes and the membership role are still surviving to this day. I've touched them with my own hands...as have many other Masons.

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by swordsman
Do you know Saint-Martin? There is no debate whatsoever as to whether or not Saint-Martin was in the Elu Cohen. The full and proper title of the Elu Cohen is, "The Order of Knight Masons, Elect Priests of the Universe". Pasquale received a masonic patent from Bonnie Prince Charles. Not a mason you say?

I say.
I have no doubt that you�ve read that Saint-Martin was a Mason. Like I�ve said, many people have tried to link him with Freemasonry, as they have with �Bonnie Prince Charles�, i.e., Prince Charles Edward Stuart, who was also not a Mason (and thus could not have issued a Masonic Patent). The fact remains that historical scholars, both within and without the Fraternity, have debunked the spurious claims that these two men were Masons. For more info on Prince Charles Edward Stuart�s alleged connection to the Fraternity, see my articles on Jacobite Masonry in the thread concerning the Ritual of the 32�, as well as the excellent books �Rose Croix: A History of the Ancient and Accepted Rite In England and Wales� by A.C.F. Jackson, and �History of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry� by Harold Van Buren Voorhis.
As for Saint-Martin, he had studied under Paschalis, who had formed the Rite of Elus Cohen. But the evidence that Saint-Martin ever joined this Rite is zilch. What is known for sure is that several Martinists, who were members of Paschalis� Rite, modified it after the latter�s death to include Martinist teachings, resulting in the �Reformed Rectified Rite�, which eventually merged with several Lodges of the Rite of Strict Observance. This Rite was once again modified, and still exists as the Knights Beneficent of the Holy City.
It is possible, of course, that Saint-Martin became a Freemason, but there is no evidence to support it. There are no Lodge records in existence listing him on the roll, and the claims that he founded Martinist Masonic Rites have been disproved.

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mundane Egg
Has anyone had any experience with Theurgy? The Martinist make a big distinction between it and Magick.

Some of the off to the side orders believe they are a stair step in the path of the traditional Illuminati (A.W.) teachings but there seems to be no evidence for any linkages.

A large group is under the AMORC and can be considered a black lodge, wich is not at all what I understand actual teaching based on the limited amount of materials I have studied.

I do not believe they are allowed to speak. Some lodges have public nights to learn about them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join