It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax Taxed on Tax HST Ontario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Starting July1,2010 All Ontario residents will succumb to the new tax HST (harmonized sales tax). What the Gov't is doing is taking existing taxes 7% GST and 8% PST and combined them so WE the PEOPLE end up getting screwed.

This is going to drive up the price of everything. Way to go Ontario!!!

Here I have a picture post from one of the Native Reservations in SW Ontario and how they feel about the new tax. As of right now they don't have to pay the 8% PST I believe. I will assume that this makes them mad because now they have to save all of their purchase receipts until tax time comes and then they get the tax break when they file taxes.

Canadians, Ontarians, what are your thoughts??

working on the picture right now

*Snip* Removed Picture

Mod Edit: Profanity – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 09/28/2009 by ontariocanada]

[edit on 09/28/2009 by ontariocanada]

[edit on 5/27/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The biggest scam I've seen in a long while. I dislike my government so much. I do not consent to them to fair for my wellbeing.

We are all created equal under God and Law. So equal to any man I say # the hst and whoever supports it. They can burn in the greasy oily fires of rothschild hell.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I heard that it is also in BC, not sure if it is implemented yet. Not in my province yet, but could be only a matter of time before it is all across Canada. Harper has to go, but who can we trust these days? I don't even know who to vote for anymore cause they are all a&&es. Now they are trying to keep the books on their spending completely hidden from us
so we can't tell where our taxes are going.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
so it's 15% combined?

that's still 4% less than the sales tax we have were I live in Europe, and our first income tax scale is already 32%.

Though this must suck for you, Consider yourself lucky...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i must correct myself. totally combined the new tax will be 13% on everything the Gov't deems taxable.

I believe it starts in Ontario for sure July 1st and probably the same time in BC.

So the now the tax is now upped on gas, the tax on gas, the tax on oil and blah blah blah.

It also covers those HOME IMPROVEMENTS you've been wanting to do if you dont get them done before the start date. This includes no longer getting a tax break on going green at home and getting energy star approved appliances.

Do you feel that? You know the greasy hands in your pockets, that's the Canadian Gov't. Great job guys.

Making a struggling economy struggle. True North Strong and Free?

top topics

join