It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Syrian ballistic missiles on standby with new target updates: (Tic Tic Tic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The night before Israel's exercise for defending the home front against missile attack entered its fifth and last day on Thursday, May 27, the Syrian Chief of Staff placed all Syrian military units on standby, followed in the morning by a second directive for missile units to go on a war footing and take up firing positions. Reporting this, debkafile's military sources disclose that missile battery commanders were given "target updates," meaning new Israeli targets for attack

Western intelligence sources report that Wednesday night, long military convoys carrying mobile missiles were sighted rolling down Syrian highways - especial in the North.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea3c332b0a31.jpg[/atsimg]
Syrian missiles on the move

In Athens, Greek military sources announced a joint Israeli-Greek naval and air force two-day exercise beginning next Tuesday, June 1, over the mainland and the Aegean and Ionian Seas. Exercise Minoas 2010 would serve Israeli Air Force F16s and F15s (five each) for drilling long-range flights covering roughly the same distance as between Israel and Iran and new in-flight refueling methods using Israeli KC-807 flying fuel tankers. Greece will deploy 15 F16s.
With all parties on the move, including the boosting of Lebanese army units on the Israeli border, the war tensions swirling around Israel's northern borders show no signs of early dissipation.

debkafile's military sources have learned that across the border the just-boosted Lebanese army units Wednesday afternoon practiced firing anti-air missiles and other weapons against Israeli warplanes near the village of Kuzah in southern Lebanon

Source: debka.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a87f50d23ed0.jpg[/atsimg]
Scud-D smuggled to Hizballah by Syria

Well now, things heating up for the summer over there. But this time, i think it is for real. I see war in that area by June 15th and then spreading over to Iran by the 20th when the attacks on Iran start.

Not one good thing can be said about this. One way or another, a lot of people (civilians) are going to get whacked this time around (on both sides). And really, I can't blame Israel-they have hunderds of missiles pointed at their population centers.

I wish this could all go away but with the muslin extremist and other similar types in control/power, I see this ending only with War-and a big one at that.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You can't blame Israelis for having so many missiles pointed at their population centers?

Are you aware that Israel has many missiles pointed at EU population centers? Let alone Middle Eastern population centers?

Having spent time in Middle East with both Israelis (in Israel) and Arabs I find both sides equally reprehensible.

Thanks

Bravo

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Like a giant tinderbox isn't it?

NK and SK, Israel, Syria, Turkey, Greece. The flotilla on its way to Gaza. The economic meltdown in Europe concerning Greece, Italy, and the EU. The government shakeups in the UK, Greece, and Belgium. The tension rising internally in the US, combined with the tension between US and Mexico. The Drug wars internally in Mexico spilling into the US.

Is this a situation where the minute someone flinches, all hell erupts!?!?!?

The events don't need to be related. Have you ever seen a street brawl break out? Tension, tension, tension, and then one strike, and all of a sudden there are 12 fights going on in 12 different areas? Is the world a giant drunken after hours spot right now? Just waiting for the first punch?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

Are you aware that Israel has many missiles pointed at EU population centers?

No!!! I was not aware!!! Why are they pointing those things in my direction??

Peace

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well well it's about time IsraHELL is gonna be abandon by their so called protector which happens to be 'God'

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

They have a programme called the Samson Option. If the Europeans refuse to help them kill children and murder their neighbors, they will nuke all of Europe using their illegal nuclear stockpile that they tried to sell to South Africa under apartheid. They say they will take all of Europe and other countries down with them if they do not get there way. Yet you have whores like Sarkozy and Cameron screaming for Iran sanctions. You guys in Europe need to expel these Khazars along with their [SNIP]shills you have as presidents and prime ministers.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by TSawyer]

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

(IAP News) — An Israeli professor and military historian hinted that Israel could avenge the holocaust by annihilating millions of Germans and other Europeans.

Speaking during an interview which was published in Jerusalem Friday, Professor Martin Van Creveld said Israel had the capability of hitting most European capitals with nuclear weapons.

“We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets of our air force.”

Creveld, a professor of military history at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, pointed out that “collective deportation” was Israel’s only meaningful strategy towards the Palestinian people.

“The Palestinians should all be deported. The people who strive for this (the Israeli government) are waiting only for the right man and the right time. Two years ago, only 7 or 8 per cent of Israelis were of the opinion that this would be the best solution, two months ago it was 33 per cent, and now, according to a Gallup poll, the figure is 44 percent.”

Creveld said he was sure that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon wanted to deport the Palestinians.

“I think it’s quite possible that he wants to do that. He wants to escalate the conflict. He knows that nothing else we do will succeed.”

Asked if he was worried about Israel becoming a rogue state if it carried out a genocidal deportation against Palestinians, Creveld quoted former Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Dayan who said “Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.”

Creveld argued that Israel wouldn’t care much about becoming a rogue state.

“Our armed forces are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that this will happen before Israel goes under.”

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer

They have a programme called the Samson Option. If the Europeans refuse to help them kill children and murder their neighbors, they will nuke all of Europe using their illegal nuclear stockpile that they tried to sell to South Africa under apartheid. They say they will take all of Europe and other countries down with them if they do not get there way.

They say that? Really? Show me where!

No country (apart from Lil Il in NK) has ever said, "We will nuke all of you if we don't get our way."

Also, I don't think any nukes are "pointed" anywhere. Nuclear warheads are mounted on the most advanced weapons platforms. They can be targeted to anywhere from anywhere within range of course. It isn't like they have them mounted on a sled and pointed in the right direction!

It wouldn't surprise me if they have some capable of reaching Europe. It wouldn't surprise me if the US and UK have stuff just right for reaching each other, even though they are close allies. Militaries prepare for all scenarios.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TSawyer

Although i question the objectivity of your explanation, I am give you a star for that eloquent reply.

I never knew...

Peace

PS: S+F for you OP

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

For the record. Just about every professor that I know is at least 50% loony! A statement from a University Professor does not qualify as a statement from the the Israeli State.

There are plenty of US Professors that would say plenty of crazy things, from confirming alien presence on the Moon, to confirming that we are currently constructing a tunnel under the Atlantic Ocean. None of those statements means anything if it doesn't come from a trusted government source. Even a lot of government sources are faulty. There are plenty of Congressmen and Senators that would say just about anything, and it wouldn't be official. Look at all the stuff Ron Paul says that is contradictory to what Obama is saying.

It doesn't count unless it is press-released statement, or an official stance of an acting government.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would go further and say that (self included) almost every person I know, professorial or otherwise is loony to some degree - the only question is how much dysfunction? not if one is dysfunctional.

I am certainly not claiming that this is the formal position of the state of Israel BUT it does echo similar statements that have been made in the past and of late by numerous Israeli influencers- the statement assisted me in making the point that each side is reprehensible.

Israelis also claim to not have attempted to sell Nukes (See Guardian Investigative Journalism) to South Africa under apartheid.

And to quote Mossad, something along the lines of "By deception we shall do war" or similar.

Israel will not even partake in, or join the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty currently being stepped up in the Middle East.

So how can the USA justify going after Iran, or anyone else in the Middle East for that matter concerning Nuclear Weapons? Especially when USA wont even acknowledge that Israel has Nuclear Weapons and Israel certainly isn't admitting it despite it being common knowledge.

That Israel will not sign up to the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty - its a HUGE case yet again of Double Standards, and this as much as anything else is part of the ongoing conflict in the Middle East.

Thanks

Bravo

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Bravo111]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thnk you for your postings. I never even thought of them having weapons pointed at countries other than those right around them.

I will be looking into this whole new (to me) info.

I swear I learn more here on ATS than I ever did in school.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111

Are you aware that Israel has many missiles pointed at EU population centers?

do you have a link for this info? if not, were are thay pointed at and why are these missiles pointed at the EU

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Any Country that has long range missile capability can hit any target they want. It really isnt that difficult to redirect missile trajectories these days. The technology is highly advanced to say the least. I wouldn't doubt for a second that certain countries are pointing weapons at both enemies and allies at the same time.

- Dredge

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dredge

Great point as I didn't think like that. i was thinking the old missile silo days etc.

Yes, today they can probably hit in a new coordance in about ---- 10 secs and hit the fire button.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The data that you quote (without source for some weird
reason) is wrong. Here is the real source of what Martin van Creveld said:
www.guardian.co.uk...
I will even quote it all for sake of denying ignorance:

Iran can never be threatened in its very existence. Israel can. Indeed, such a threat could even grow out of the current intifada. That, at least, is the pessimistic opinion of Martin van Creveld, professor of military history at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. 'If it went on much longer,' he said, 'the Israeli government [would] lose control of the people. In campaigns like this, the anti-terror forces lose, because they don't win, and the rebels win by not losing. I regard a total Israeli defeat as unavoidable. That will mean the collapse of the Israeli state and society. We'll destroy ourselves.' In this situation, he went on, more and more Israelis were coming to regard the 'transfer' of the Palestinians as the only salvation; resort to it was growing 'more probable' with each passing day. Sharon 'wants to escalate the conflict and knows that nothing else will succeed'. But would the world permit such ethnic cleansing? 'That depends on who does it and how quickly it happens. We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother." I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.'

A TINY difference ,right?
As for Syrian forces/missiles/ctr - Debka is Debka. It always scaremongers. So i am not worried. Nobody called me in to reserve duty and everything is calm. So good for Debka - they got high rating from scaring people.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Well well it's about time IsraHELL is gonna be abandon by their so called protector which happens to be 'God'

Hey, nice flame from you. Let me see if I can out do it...

Since your statement acknowledges that God is Israels protector, I'd like to clarify - that same God will set up His throne in Israel. Jerusalem, precisely.

Having fun yet?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ok just for the record:

1) "For some strange reason I did not provide a link" - I did not provide a link but I did provide a source

1.1) Just copy and paste the first paragraph from the article into Google and I can assure you will find numerous articles and links referring to the one that I entered as follows:

1.2) (IAP News) — An Israeli professor and military historian hinted that Israel could avenge the holocaust by annihilating millions of Germans and other Europeans.

2) I did not write the article myself

3) I have already stated that I find both sides of the problem reprehensible, and have spent time in enough of these countries to be able to make an informed opinion on this for myself.

4) As for the new source and scaremongering - I think we can safely say that most if not all news outlets whether MSM or not do this - its about ratings and readership as much as it is about creating a climate of fear and ultimately manipulation amongst the general viewership - I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that those on this board can sort the wheat from the chaff.

Thanks

Bravo

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ok just for the record:

1) "For some strange reason I did not provide a link" - I did not provide a link but I did provide a source

1.1) Just copy and paste the first paragraph from the article into Google and I can assure you will find numerous articles and links referring to the one that I entered as follows:

1.2) (IAP News) — An Israeli professor and military historian hinted that Israel could avenge the holocaust by annihilating millions of Germans and other Europeans.

2) I did not write the article myself

3) I have already stated that I find both sides of the problem reprehensible, and have spent time in enough of these countries to be able to make an informed opinion on this for myself.

4) As for the new source and scaremongering - I think we can safely say that most if not all news outlets whether MSM or not do this - its about ratings and readership as much as it is about creating a climate of fear and ultimately manipulation amongst the general viewership - I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that those on this board can sort the wheat from the chaff.

Thanks

Bravo

MODS Please delete second post - my clumsy fingers

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Bravo111]

top topics

join