It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of smoke, fire force two planes back to Logan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Reports of smoke, fire force two planes back to Logan

www.bostonherald.com

Two aircraft were forced to return to Logan International Airport this morning shortly after take-off, after separate reports of a fire and smell of smoke onboard, a Massport spokesman said.

The first flight, Chicago-bound American Airlines [AMR] 1875, returned to Logan at 6:30 a.m. after a report of a fire on the aircraft, said Massport spokesman Phil Orlandella. He said the 737 jet carrying 144 passengers and 16 crew landed on runway 4R and was able to taxi back to the gateway.

About an hour later, a New York-bound flight Delta 1377 returned to runway 4R after receiving a report of a s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
No problems found yet on board.

This is just breaking in Boston. I am monitoring the TV for additional info, but nothing there yet.

Many times, a single jet encounters a problem and is required to return to the airport. But in this instance, there were two separate planes reported with fire and smoke within an hour. That i unusual in itself.

I will continue to monitor for additional details, and report back here if more is released.

www.bostonherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
As an airport fire fighter I can honestly say that this is not that unusual, sounds scary I know but airlines do not take any chances, one reason that keeps popping up is oil or water getting into one of the aircon packs, that then produces a small amount of mist/smoke and everyone then has to change their pants.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'd have to agree as a flight attendant though we may be portrayed as "sky waitresses" we truly are the eyes and ears of the cabin and very many times a year we are faced with such situations- usually the smell of smoke without visual confirmation and usually to be honest it has to do with coffemakers or the air conditioning system. But you can't take any chances!

top topics

join