It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Top kill’ stops oil leak says US Admiral...(Maybe?)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Has anyone seen recent footage of that 5ft pipe we all saw pumping out oil over the last week? I've been watching the live feed as much as I can (too much, ugh), but I haven't seen that pipe.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by KANE OG]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hey its Anderson Lee . If anyone can hear me

Thank you for giving me a chance to speak....Is operation kill top is being performed ?. Will it work ? Anyone have breaking news on this ? Is it working Yes ?

I need the latest breaking news on this event . Stay up to date with the latest news ..someone update ...Is it workin latest updates, photos and videos.

Anderson Lee is out ...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Anyone seen this, appearing post 'Top-Kill' failure as far as I recall...

ATS thread
"Prominent Oil Industry Insider: "Theres Another Leak, Much Bigger, 5 to 6 Miles Away"

Yes shorting allegation sounds possible...especially if this fresh post has anything to it (damage limitation would seem a good idea at this stage to them I'd guess, they may even have the support of the government - shorting - in an attempt to raise funds for compensation...?)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

It's definitely open to objection, but if you look at the distance between the camera and the two main vents, the darker one keeps getting darker, which means that it's mixed with oil. When I recall seeing the leak from last night, the mixture was much lighter from the same vantage point. It would seem to me as though the mud just filled the cracks inside the BOV and didn't actually block the main holes, so now, as the pressure continues to push out the oil, there are still particles of the mud mixing in less and less over time. I would expect to see it get much darker over the coming hours.

Now, the burning question is did Obama know about their failed attempts before his press conference (which is when he should have known considering they stopped the mud 12 hours earlier) or didn't he? (which means he is totally disconnected from reality and should not be the President).

~Namaste

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is Anderson Lee ,If anyone can hear me I just want to say, Its good to be here tonight . I have a question

Has the oil under the gulf been slowed any ?

Anderson lee is out ...Leave data, info, images,

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
NOPE this is a big fricken nada. Mother earths vitals diminishing rapidly.
Pulse is fading. Time for a tracheotomy, she 's no longer breathing on her own. Get her stable and up to the OR immediatly. We need blood donors.
The world waits to see if it's mother will survive.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

They CLAIMED it was slowed a bit earlier, but looking at the live feed and other information, it doesn't appear to have slowed at all. In fact, if you look at the live feed, it appears to have gotten worse and I can now see a new small fissure opened up that was not in the previous feeds.

~Namaste

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Takamuri

Thank you Takamuri, but I will stick to my premise.
It wont work.
Top Kill will not in this wells current condition, accomplish a plug.
There is too much pressure, what is needed is a mechanical solution.
A hard fixed stop, seal, cap etc.
The garden hose example is very accurate.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
Great!

What a ridiculous learning process for stopping a deep water leak.

At least we know what to do right away (next time) instead of a month later.

Let's hope we do better with clean up.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

learning process? my friend please read this thread

**Gulf Oil Spill Mirrors One From 1979 EXACTLY!! AMAZING ARCHIVAL FOOTAGE

edit to add: top kill did not work in past and in much shallower waters, i do not believe the pressures are low until i see the gauge! gushing mud sand and silt will only make the problem worse....

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Majestyka]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mack37

I know this is no joking matter..but i'm thinking of starting a sea food exporting business...fresh CLEAN sea food direct from Australia.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by mack37]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by mack37]

1/3rd of all seafood consumed in the USA comes from the gulf, and est. 2.9 billion dollar industry that critics say will be shut down for 3-10+ years

I WANT IN!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well it's clear now that the oil has not stopped, that PB said they would have to do the Top Kill procedure again and experts are still saying there are very good chances and reasons why it will not, cannot work.

So.. why did this guy say this morning that the leak was stopped? Why did he jump the gun before getting his facts right? He's an idiot and needs to be fired.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charly111
live feed no talks reply to post by loam

This thing they're showing and have been showing all night - what is it? Earlier it showed stenciled S on a painted piece of machinery and the rest couldn't be seen but it looks like a close up of something and not what we are really concerned with. I don't understand the scale or what this is part of.
They've shown some odd close ups today.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has posted this picture yet....but this was taken above the Gulf of Mexico in a commercial airliner.

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by David9176]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by David9176]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
my chess playing buddy in florida says there is news on his TV the the leak is actually about twenty milers long now....
He says thery are saying that there is 15 times more comming out of the ground than they have been telling us...
I havent a link but there is something fishy going on thatll blow the socks off of us when it all comes out....if it ever really does come out.....
My buddy is talking numbers that are not gonna be dealt with soon.......

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
WHat will happen next is a huge hurricane. Imagine that hitting New Orleans or Florida? God, Its amazing to me how little some people are worried about this. I hope we find a solution to this problem asap. I'm really beginning to think our life as we kinow it is on the way to hell.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
They may have to pump heavy mud for days to top kill this well.

They have to pump a column of barite mud equal in weight to the pressure of the oil and gas coming out of the well. And this does not count the mud that is leaking out.

I watched a Red Adair wild well control team try to bring a geothermal well under control after a blowout. the well was at a pressure of about 50,000 psi.
It took a week and they did a bottom kill that is a lot faster.

If this top kill does not work its time to bring in a professional wild well control team in to do the job right.

www.wildwell.com...
www.bootsandcoots.com...
www.cuddwellcontrol.com...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hello ATS! New person here. I have repeatedly stumbled across this site over the course of several years, but I just now created an account because I feel I finally have something to contribute haha.

BP has stated that the oil pressure coming out of the well is somewhere between 70,000 and 170,000 PSI. High explosives produce detonation pressures between 50,000 and 4 million PSI (source: Encyclopedia of Security Management, pg 532). Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems this leak has the equivalent force of a continuous explosion of low grade high explosives. I don't see how that could be plugged with a bunch of mud....

Does that make sense to all of you, or have I left something out of the equation here?

Anyway, if that's true, it would seem this whole attempt to stop the leak is just for show.

And here are some other numbers for you guys, since I haven't seen them anyone post them yet...

BP said they would have expected the oil well to produce 500,000 barrels of oil per day for over 10 years. There are 42 gallons per barrel. 500,000 barrels/day X 42 gallons/barrel X 365 days/year X 10 years = 76,650,000,000 gallons of oil total!!! At a minimum!

If we estimate it is leaking out at 4 million gallons per day (a worst case estimate according to the source) and doesn't get worse, it will take 19,162 days (or 52 and a half years) for all the oil to leak out.

Sorry if any of this was repeat information.

Source: examiner.com

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymous lurker

Thanks for the Info ans Welcome to ATS!
I look forward to your future posts.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
UPDATE: Deja Vu!

1 hour ago, Admiral for Coast Guard said the Mud was successful and the Oil was no longer coming out of the well. Only Mud. It will supposedly be 48 hours before they know for sure if it was a success.

Sounds EXACTLY like yesterdays Admiral report, but worth sharing!

I hope this is correct.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

In response to anon lurker. The process uses the wells own pressure against it. The dense sticky mud is being pumped into the pipe at high pressure and it doesn't flow as well as the oil. It obstructs the oil flow at every little nook, cranny, bend, and especially at the BOP valve that failed. As the mud collects and sticks (similar to plaque in your arteries) then the pressure of the oil and additional mud behind it starts to block it further and further. Ideally, once an obstruction is formed at the top end, then the high pressure mud continues to back fill down the 7 miles of pipe to the actual reservoir. The twists, turns, junctions, and other things along that seven miles will provide additional places for blockages. Once they are confident in the mud plugs, then they begin filling it with a cement mixture that will harden.

It is a good approach, and it has a good chance of success as long as the side ports to the BOP allow the mud to get in there.

FYI> BP's lack of mud and shortcutting by using too much sea water during the drilling process is what allowed the original Methane bubble to traverse the pipe and cause the explosion. If they had used more mud in the first place, this could have all been prevented!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join