It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns it will meet war with 'all-out war'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

North Korea warns it will meet war with 'all-out war'

edition.cnn.com

North Korea reacted to a South Korean anti-submarine exercise early Thursday by saying it would meet "confrontation with confrontation" and war with "all-out war," according to North Korean state-run media.

"Now that the puppet group challenged the DPRK [North Korea] formally and blatantly, the DPRK will react to confrontation with confrontation, and to a war with an all-out war," according the KCNA news agency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/5/2010 by Unium]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, things are hotting up with North Korea. If lil Kim' doesn't get what he wants, he start shouting and stomping his little feet until he's satisfied. And speeches like the one Hilary Clinton gave will only make Kimmy even more war-mongering.

I'm guessing that if this gets reported to the UN security council, China will use it's VETO to defend it's old communist buddy.

If this attitude keeps up, it'll only be a matter of days before some other incident between the two Koreas sparks a new war.

Edit : also found this article interesting : Article

North Korea has announced it will scrap an agreement aimed at preventing accidental naval clashes with South Korea, amid rising tensions over the sinking of a South Korean warship. The move is in retaliation for Seoul blaming Pyongyang for a torpedo attack that sank the Cheonan in March. The announcement comes as the South Korean navy conducts a major anti-submarine drill.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
North Korea is not CAPABLE of an "all out war". It may have the men, but it hasnt got the experience, or the battle tested toughness, tactical accumen, or high powered intelligence required to perform a so called all out war. Only three , MAYBE four individual nations on this planet have the resources to do that, and they are all busy right now.
What the NK are capable of is making a sorry mess, and getting themselves shot to ribbons .
My two pence.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Whatever. The Norks would have their ass handed to them in a long weekend. They have no sustainability.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
people are so stupid . egging on for war look how great the us is well kik all there.
Look up ahead thats a DEAD END sign thats 6 billion rotting corpes .
once you finly get your wish you may find it wasnt what you wanted .
This is a war NO ONE WILL WIN.
just one nuk anywhere withing 3 years they will have all been used .
wonder who is going to dig up your bones in 100 million years to argue what killed your species off

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Hey , all I said is that NK havent got a damned clue how to fight an all out war. I didnt say that my nation or the US would go steaming in thier with freshly cleaned genitals, and well pressed uniforms and murder them all with nukes! Calm down! No one is "egging on" a war here. Sweet JESUS some people get the wrong end of the stick easy.
Its just an assesment of thier military capability ... They havent any . Not egging on, just observing .

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Who's egging on a war here? Since when did banter and observations among the members of an internet forum constitute egging on a nuclear war with a rogue nation? Does Kim read this forum? And besides, did N. Korea not just sink a S. Korean sub? Making a provocative statement like this after a deliberate attack on another nation's navy and we're the one's egging on a war.

Your statement is pure drivel. Come talk to me when you start using some logic.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by dontblink]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This article by by Han Ho Suk,Director Center for Korean Affairs outlines some of what he believes to be lil mad kimmys tactics in any war against the south/US.

Its quite a long read,and highlights the mentality of the North,and their troop/munitions levels.

Now I don't know how accurate the info is,but if it is anywhere close to the truth,any war would be devastaing for all concerned.

Give it a read:

rense.com...

The main worry seems to be that the south/US would be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of misiiles and troops from the North,and that US anti missile systems could not cope with the sheer numbers,in such a short timescale.

The capital city of Seoul would be levelled in a matter of hours,according to the writer.
Never mind the amount of chemical and biological weapons the North have..

Lets hope it does not kick off,and that Kimmy is up to his usual sabre rattling,and is not hellbent on going out in a mushroom cloud,along with his whole country.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Hey , all I said is that NK havent got a damned clue how to fight an all out war. I didnt say that my nation or the US would go steaming in thier with freshly cleaned genitals, and well pressed uniforms and murder them all with nukes! Calm down! No one is "egging on" a war here. Sweet JESUS some people get the wrong end of the stick easy.
Its just an assesment of thier military capability ... They havent any . Not egging on, just observing .

Christ! The Norks would loose to a bunch of machete wielding Hutus from Africa. When you see past the nuke they claim to have ( disputable ) they're nothing but fluff.

Typical Communist country. All perception and no reality.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
For some strange reason I feel they have subs inside the Pacific region ALREADY waiting in the deep past Hawaii. I just feel they are closer then some are noticing and are plotting on Cali. Hope I am wrong but something has lil kim a lil more confident these days. I wouldnt sleep NK potential right now.

[edit on 5/27/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Its because he knows hes gonna die soon-I think he wants to be remebered by everyone,and a major war would certainly do that for him,whatever the cost to his own people.

What a complete goon he is.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thats what they said about Iraq and the Taliban. The F'in years ago!!!

Thats the problem with us americans. A lot of us are too ignorant.

If we got rid of the "Geneva Convention rules" that soldiers have to follow, Iraq and Afghanistan would have been over years ago.

Also, the news being with soldiers are killing us. One soldier gets busted for doing something wrong, then every other soldier has to fight the war on their toes worried about going to jail for fighting for their country. A war that most soldiers dont believe in anymore but still fight b/c its the right thing to do and they want to bring their buddies and themselves back to their families.

What do people on here think is going to happen with sh!t hits the fan in Korea?

US Soldiers are going to die for nothing. Soldiers will die b/c Soth Korea is our "friend".

Thats another thing. American casualties in Iraq & Afghanistan. I thing our casualties are fairly low for something that has been ongoing for so long(When compared to other "Wars"). Are we as a country ready to loose more soldiers on yet another front?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Exactly my point Silcone Synaps hope the US in fact Japan and whoever else lil kim is haten are paying attention to the waters his soldiers are in closely. Because if you are right and he knows death has returned for his soul energy deposit then HE DOESNT GIVE A DAMN and may really be about to go all out and say f*** everybody. I cant stand his simple activities...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You know, North Korea may have actually achieved the unthinkable, they may have pushed South Korea too far.

I get a sense that the SKs really have had enough of these unprovoked attacks and are moving to a war footing.

I seriously believe that South Korea is ready and willing to hit them hard if needs be, the loudspeakers could be the final tipping point.

The North Koreans are in trouble, and the little fatso's recent visit to China may well have been to secure a long term lease on a condo.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Exactly. You say "his" people and you are exactly right. Both Kim and his father were proclaimed to be "gods" and for all we know he's begun to believe his own hype much like Stalin did. So in his mind he owns those people and he'll do what he pleases with their lives.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well,this has been going on for almost 60 years between these two cousins.

North Korea is a failed country with most of the country starving.

There is no evidence that this is nothing more than chest thumping.

North Korea always does this because they want or need something.

They know that the south will never go back to war because the south could not begin to take care of the north once they won,which they would.

It would kill the south's economy.

We must all remember this is one race of people not to different races.

I don't see these soldiers as a threat.

Their military is just numbers.They would lose in hours,not days.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c59fc56ebcb4.jpg[/atsimg]

This is their leadership.They are only any good doing what they do.
Stirring up the manure pot.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fe470457c72.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Not just SK, everyone has had enough of NK and lil Kimmy.

Kimmy, you gotta love him....

Edited for image

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I do not believe, that if the tensions escelate to the point of a shooting war, that this would be over in a few days or hours, but years. I believe that the leader of North Korea, went to China to gain support for any actions he deems is necessary to take, to include backing them up if it starts to be a shooting war. When a man has nothing to loose, then he is dangerous. North Korea, has absolutely nothing to loose in a shooting war, and could end up gaining more than loosing. And if they win a few victories in the process, his position is secured as would be his son. This is not a good thing and I am hoping that the will calm things down, may be make an offer of money to South Korea to let this go and pay for the damages and loss of life before it does get to be a shooting war. China, does not want another war on the Korean Penisula, as it would mean their borders would be over run with refugees from North Korea, and if they use Nuclear weapons, then they will have to deal with that as well. It is a lose, lose situation for everyone, except North Korea.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Yeah,if China gets involved it could be a different ball game entirely.
Question is,would they sacrifice their biggest ace in the hole to go to war in order to protect the DPRK nutballs?

(China's biggest ace in the hole IMO,being the debt owed to them by foolish western countries such as my own UK and the USA)

Would they risk us not paying back the debt?
Because I doubt we would if China sides with mental ronerey boy Kim in a war.

Hell maybe the western warmakers know this,and could be trying to get out of our debts by getting into a NK war?

Hope not though.

[edit on 27/5/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
North Korea is not CAPABLE of an "all out war". It may have the men, but it hasnt got the experience, or the battle tested toughness, tactical accumen, or high powered intelligence required to perform a so called all out war.

They did well back in the 50's, sure they had Chinese assistance, but even with ultimited American planes flying over head day and night they still put up a fight for years...

Remember, from birth, they are FORCEFULLY told that Americans raped and tortured all there woman and children and do not have internet or even international TV to tell them the difference. Most cannot wait for war.. It's what they want.

Originally posted by TrueBrit Only three , MAYBE four individual nations on this planet have the resources to do that, and they are all busy right now.

I don't understand this?...

Sure America is tied up with ground troops, but still have millions in reserve, but I don't recall China or Russia being at war right now.

You're confusing everyone.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join