It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative Feedback - The Anti-Star

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
you know in kindergarten we got stars and point for being good little boys and girls then as well personally i think ATS has hit the mark right on the head.
so every one play nice .Now got to go see how the alien time traveler.
from zades prime 3 has been doing.
hey beets paying 1.50$ for the midnight star
and who knows there may accutly be a story like a leaky oil pipe that is real from time to time

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Why the concern? Don't read it-I'm a Lizard Man and the a like. From what I see, some of the things you may not approve of are getting stars and flags. SO WHAT?

Someone like what someone wrote. Or even someone didn't like something some posted/wrote but still flags due to the importance of the issue or another reason.

Can't you (generally speaking) be happy that there is such a forum to let things be discussed. Who knows, maybe someday you will have a Lizard Man thread (so-to-speak) and someone will gore you on it while others love it.

S0, that being said Thank you ATS for giving me an outlet to let go on &

I like the new Mini-background S.O. (those whole face do-over drawing things freak me out (and I don't know why!)-especially the TV commercial ones!!! lol)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Then why did you introduce a star system at all. You cant have all carrot and no stick. I agree that ATS is diverse but I also think you are trying too hard to please the masses now. ATS is no longer a conspiracy site, its lost sight of where it is going and become general discussion forum.

Do you not agree that an increasingly large percentage of ATS threads are way under par on quality? There are also many coming from people who are either deliberately trying to create arguements, are incredibly ignorant or mentally unstable. These are the threads I have a problem with (I cant give examples because of the T&C)

Now dont get me wrong, I am not an "ATS Hater". I think what you have here is great but it just needs refining. Some threads here are absolutely brilliant and encourage intelligent discussion (The Norway Spiral Threads for example) but others are pure delusional and dont add anything to the site.

There are numerous threads where people are claiming to be aliens for example. What are they bringing to ATS? Do you like having this kind of discussion on a site supposed to deny ignorance and encourage intelligent debate.

I think a form of negative feedback could make these sort of threads dry up. After all what I am going to achieve by arguing with a guy who thinks he is an alien?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think that the
/
kind of rating system works really well on sites like on-line newspaper and general news kinds of sites. I like to see the "balance" or end result of all the ups and downs when approaching an article there.

ATS is a bit different. Lets face it, with the mentality we see displayed here on any given day, the
's would definitely far outweigh the
's.

Given the controversial and far out, edgy nature of the subjects, it is a given that the
's would outweigh the
's. Something that is on the far edges of thought would naturally be a challenge for the average person to comprehend.

We would perpetually be in a state of drowning in
's. That wouldn't prove anything. We already know we are controversial. We don't really need to be reminded of it with explicit pictorial negativity.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Not speaking for skepticoverlord obviously, but I do think that ATS threads here reflect a wide variety of thought from human beings at all intellectual levels, some of whom may be smarter than others, or who may just may be able to communicate more effectively. Isn't that true of people and conversations from all over the world?

Should we exclude them as you indicated? I think not. That is what makes ATS interesting, and unique. If we allow only those persons who follow the norm for generally accepted beliefs to post, are we not
stifling creativity and interest? I will agree that some posts are way out there. But to use the example in your last paragraph, what if, on a million to one chance that someone claims that they are an alien from another world, that it turns out to be true?

Never say never. Strange things happen in this universe all the time.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by manta78]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join