It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another big CME, sun's very active

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
There have been at least three rather large CMEs that I'm aware of over the last week or so. Sun certainly seems very active recently. Check out the auroras if you live up north: there's a 15% chance of a severe geomagnetic storm.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

This refers to an earlier one two days ago that will be hitting us soon:

High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras tonight. A coronal mass ejection (CME) is heading for Earth and it could spark geomagnetic storms when it arrives on May 27th or 28th.

spaceweather.com...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Magnetosphere just took a big hit:

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I embedded the picture

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Erm....sun is very inactive, sorry.

"Sensationalism" ?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Interesting. i looked at the ionsipheric image, of our magnetosphere. the color chart...it goes from blue to orange to red. wouldnt red be intense activity? its all blue basically.
Think it would be a good idea to keep radios n cars turned off then tonight? stay inside?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I have been trying to access the xray flux graph for the past two days but the page wont load.

This may sound strange to you tech savvy folk, but I get a physical reaction at the times when it peaks out of the 'A band' (even a little peak).

I get an overwhelming urge to sleep. I have been monitoring that strange connection for several weeks now. I have tried to learn more about the sun's x rays on the web, but the technical jargon confounds me.

The fact that I can't access the site appears ominous - ie - what are they not letting us see?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
it doesnt look like their is anything hitting the magnetosperere atm, well, nothing bad thats causing it to heat up that is.

trust me, when its getting hit, it will go all green/yellow then red! you really cant mistake it!

the filliment flare should hit it soon, when that hits you will see some real change!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just a heads up... it appears that the CME has arrived.

Real Time Magnetosphere

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

That's some very light readings then! Good thing for us I guess, this one had like a 1% chance to be a bad thing if I recall correctly from space weather.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well that was pretty weak, unless it comes in waves. Since they said it was a pretty good size, I would expect to see more. Maybe, maybe not...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I keep track of the Solar numbers every single day, and there has NOT ben a coronal mass ejection in the last 24 hours, and none is expected in the next 24 hours. I'll be happy to keep everyone update the next few days, but this is dead wrong!

Most Recent Solar Report
roduct: Geophysical Alert Message wwv.txt
:Issued: 2010 May 28 0006 UTC
# Prepared by the US Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, Space Weather Prediction Center
#
# Geophysical Alert Message
#
Solar-terrestrial indices for 27 May follow.
Solar flux 73 and mid-latitude A-index 2.
The mid-latitude K-index at 0000 UTC on 28 May was 1 (6 nT).

No space weather storms were observed for the past 24 hours.

No space weather storms are expected for the next 24 hours.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

A good time for a little help in understanding what the RTMS shows.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

A good time for a little help in understanding what the RTMS shows.

But I already have on my tin hat and that graph had red on it....

It's kind of sad but I would really love to have a major solar storm that is bad enough we could get a light show in Washington/Oregon area. Hopefully it could be pulled off to see it and at the same time not fry everything electrical.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by margaretr

You mean this? B class flares are very minor events.

May I make a suggestion though? Before you start monitoring the graph, write a log of how you feel for a week or so. Then compare it to the graph afterward. Just to avoid the possibility of psychosomatic effects.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

When I get the 'overwhelming urge to sleep' I dont switch on my pc to look at the graph, - After the sleep I do, and then notice the connection.

new topics

top topics

join