It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland: Crew's error caused Smolensk plane crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Poland: Crew's error caused Smolensk plane crash

english.ruvr.ru

It was the crew of the Polish president’s Tupolev 154, whose error led to the crash, the Polish head of the investigative committee Edmund Klich concluded after analyzing the plane’s black box recordings.

The aircraft, carrying President Lech Kaczynski, his wife and top officials to the commemoration of the Katyn massacre victims, crashed April 10 near Smolensk. The plane fell, having failed to land in thick fog.

Flight dispatchers advised the pilots not to land and warned them but their messages were ignored even when the pilots couldn’t see a run-off. Experts think they may ha
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well, it's official-with the Polish Gov't agreeing to and signing off on the investigation. As far as the Gov'ts are concern that is.

I am sure the people of Poland will find this hard to swallow. But, I have to agree, after seeing some of the earlier reports also, that it was pilot error.

With the General and another person coming into the cockpit and saying what they said (which will be released later-from Poland) which most likely influenced the pilot also.

It is a shame-for sure but I think the two countries will be able to overcome this. I see Russia is offering Poland all kinds of things (info/tech exchanges, military help etc).

The problem I see, for right now, is the US putting a Patriot Missile battery 5 miles from the Russia border, which will be used to train the Poles for additional units of the missieles coming.

There is a video also at the link source.

english.ruvr.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join