It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Market Rebound Reflects Success of Windows 7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

PC Market Rebound Reflects Success of Windows 7

www.pcworld.com

Gartner is predicting a 22 percent growth of global PC sales for 2010, following years of declining volume. The rebound is reflective of the general economic recovery, but also illustrates the pent up demand created by companies and consumers avoiding Windows Vista, and the shift to embrace Windows 7.

Microsoft hit a homerun with Windows 7. As of early March the operating system had already sold more than 90 million copies, making it the fastest-selling operating system ever.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Windows 7, the premiere Microsoft operating system, has been selling like hot cakes with at least 90 million licensed users since its release.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 remains the workhorse of OSes to this day, and frankly, I don't know when I can convert directly to Windows 7.

Sooner or later, Windows 7 would gain the market share once ruled by one of its predecessors.

What OS do you use and would you want to convert to Windows 7?

www.pcworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

I use Windows 7 64 bit at home and it's pretty good. At work I still use XP because of application compatibility issues with Win 7.

I have worked as a Sys admin for the last 3 years in a Windows environment and my next home computer will be a Mac

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't think that it highlights the success of windows 7 as much as the article is suggesting. If anything, it highlights the failure of windows vista. Most large corporations pushed out their refresh cycle in large part due to windows vista. I think it is a combination of Windows 7 being a viable upgrade and the fact that most companies have already pushed out their PC refreshes too long and they simply can't wait any longer. What used to be a 2 year refresh cycle has turned into a 4+ year cycle.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well,I would not put much into this article.

A lot of organizations are just saying screw it and going to Linux based OS's.

I think I read where the whole Indian government is going to Linux.

Microsoft has become just a bear when it comes to applications and such.

Cloud computing is the way and even open source applications can be tweaked for a companies or organizations needs.

I use XP and have no plans to change right now.

I do have Ubuntu on a disk and have an old "98" computer in the closet.

I may wipe it and install Linux on it and take it for a spin.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Oneolddude]

top topics

join