It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracles On Platforms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
In less than a year two babies in prams have been blown into the paths of oncoming trains, in Australia
Guess what both babies survived.
The trains were coming to a halt but it is still amazing?
Do prams have potential as armour?
It is very odd.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Never had the misfortune to see a baby hit by a locomotive, But have had the dubious job of steam cleaning under locomotives having hit an adult, (jumpers)

The ambulance/mortuary crews get the "big bits" We at the depot get the mushy clingy bits stuck under the main, aux, engines and compressors.

Got talking to a railway police investigator and he basically said the body starts spinning as it cartwheels under the train, And all the "rigging" acts like an industrial wood chipper..

So in conclusion IMO the children were way to small to get caught up underneath the loco, that with "green stick" bones maybe saved there lives....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Wow ...This must be hard to undertake as a occupation.
Thanks for the nuts and bots explanation.
But the pram must have had its part to play? or not?
It just seems incredible ....I would link the videos but Iam sure someone more technically switched on may do it.
It looks like a miracle in each case, but I hear and understand what you are saying.
It must impact on your mind greatly?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Yes most certainly the pram collapsed and acted as a shield to protect the infant,
As for the steam cleaning the smell of rotting flesh and bone (Yuk) is the worst bit, And when the flies get to it, Well you can imagine, (go get the burning gear out. Lol)

Any ideas on what loco was involved in these incidents ?

As for trauma, Well nothing YET ??? (mind you treble time and job and knock helps)....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Perhaps an 80 class ty peelectric loco? but may not be
Job or knock?
That takes me back many years.
Are you an Aussie??
Yes the pram cushion thing is interesting?
I wonder how the driver reacted?
On the TV footage of the very recent last incident, no one else on the platform even noticed.
I have heard that drivers can be traumatised acutely as they see the eyes of the jumpers as they are run over?
I cannot imagine.
Still think these pram Babies were blessed.
On the last incident footage the pram just rolled across the paltform and was over the edge just after the Grandmother noticed.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Yous guys still operate 80 class DEMUs, Well that explains alot, there is a fair amount of clearance at the front of these locos, (providing the buckeye is raised).
If it was an inter city GM 200/111 class with the "cow catcher" plate there is less than an inch clearance from the track, they would have perished..

No i am not an Aussie i am from "Norn Iron" (Belfast) so we are cousins Bro....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yeah heres the link to the video

www.youtube.com...

Its crazy how the 15month old survived and with just a few cuts and bruises.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Nice to see another Northern Irish person around

new topics

top topics

join