It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey everyone... :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hey guys...
I'm new here. Not sure why I haven't already made an account here; I've known about this site for years.

In terms of political leanings, I'm a fairly extreme libertarian leftist; the Political Compass at least has, over the last decade, consistently placed me in roughly the same ideological camp as Gandhi.

I've only recently found out about the Venus Project; I think sometime last year. I'm a fairly hard core Utopian, (post-scarcity etc) and have been for a while, so at first it seemed really awesome, but then as time went on, for some reason something just didn't smell right, and I also started having problems with specific ways in which they were proposing doing things.

So I wanted to ask; can anyone give me any information or their opinions on the Venus Project? Has anyone seen deeper into the organisation than most? Is there anything we're not being told, and is it, as Alex Jones asserts, some kind of strawman/diversionary front group for the NWO?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by petrus4]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Welcome to ATS! I'm a political junkie who loves to debate on many issues. Maybe we can debate sometime.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Welcome, Petrus4!

And enjoy ATS!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm interested in the Venus project and from what I can say to you is that it has nothing to do with any form of the NWO.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thanks, Romantic.

I'm not sure how much debate I'm likely to engage in; I don't pay a huge amount of attention to politics these days, as truthfully I've tended to start developing the attitude that if we want to get anything done, then to the largest extent that we can, government really needs to be routed around entirely.

The only real reason why I'm wondering if the Venus Project are NWO affiliated, is because, putting it fairly simply, Peter Joseph and Jacque Fresco are still alive. I've read about a few different free/alternative energy researchers who were possibly assassinated and/or threatened; Stanley Meyer is the main one who comes to mind. Steven Greer also recently wrote on the Orion Project site of being issued death threats and stalked.

Yet if either Peter Joseph or Jacque Fresco have been subjected to governmental/corporate harassment or resistance, I haven't heard about it. To me, that indicates one of at least two possibilities.

a) The NWO/powers that be don't consider VP/ZM a threat, which I would consider unlikely, given that Peter Joseph mentioned having assembled a global membership of nearly 400,000 within ten months.

b) VP/ZM are in fact affiliated with the NWO themselves, as Alex Jones and others have claimed. Although I agree with you that there are no explicit signs of this that I can see, it is true that the pyramid hand gesture against the sun backdrop in one of their videos was strange, and I also consider the degree to which an eye features in their iconography, to be at least vaguely unsettling, as well.

Assuming they are not NWO, (which is the assumption I'm tentatively going with, for the moment) the other thing that I've found disturbing about ZM members (although this isn't a reflection on either Fresco or Joseph themselves) have been the cultic tendencies which I've seen them displaying. This includes very rapid, adamant, one note responses to people, attribution of any dissent/disagreement to ignorance, ("you obviously don't understand/know enough about the Venus Project in order to think that,") or namecalling/putdowns directed at individuals who voice dissent or are critical.

Contrary to what ZM/VP members themselves claim, they are actually not the only people on the planet who are interested in the concept of a post-scarcity/RBE type society at this time. Given that, my perspective has been to assess different options, in order to determine the most desirable group/individual(s) to become affiliated with, in order to assist in moving towards the goal. If I continue to observe cultic (and particularly anti-theistic, to the degree that I have been) behavioural tendencies among ZM members, at some point that will likely cause me to rule out this particular group, as the one to be selected for my involvement.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Hi petrus4, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thank you, Sauron. *bows graciously*

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Im new as well, Welcome

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
HEY, welcome aboard..don't get addicted..

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS

I look forward to reading your posts and opinions.

Remain Vigilant

-bonsaisert

new topics

top topics

join