It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questionable Instincts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Howdy everyone. I've rarely talked about this, but I feel this is a safe place for it.

Before I get to the beef of this, I need to give a small background. When I was little, I had a lot of problems, including being my mom given custody of me while she had mental issues (no, I do not have these, that much has been determined by a professional). I also had no one to turn to for help besides my faith. After the first year though I began to be able to...best word for it is "feel" whatever the right direction for me to go was. For instance if I wasn't sure of which way to walk when I came to an intersection I would close my eyes for a second and "feel" as I turned slowly. When the feeling was strongest (it felt like a magnetic pull) I would open my eyes and continue moving. When I did this I would always find either some money on the ground (ranging from pennies up to the odd $20 bill, helpful for us since no money was coming in), or I would hear later that the opposite direction or decision had proven to be bad for someone else at that time.

Over time though this "ability" has faded, taking longer and longer to get a "reading" to the point now I have to meditate fully for almost an hour to get even a weak response. What has remained though was a sort of internal "panic button" that I've only felt a few times. Before today this "panic button" was always right. When friends and family have been hurt/killed, or when major events have happened (9/11 registered on my way to school that morning, but I dismissed it until I saw the TV) that "button" hits.

As I eluded to before, today was the first time I haven't found the cause. My family are all ok, and other than the Top Kill attempt in the gulf there were no major developing news events today (Korea and Iran are developing, but slower than the oil rig).

I guess what I'm trying to do is ask if anyone else has experienced something similar, and if anyone can think of anything that may have caused what I'm thinking now is a false alarm. Maybe I'm just nuts, but I won't know unless I ask, right?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
thats an interesting ability you have, though the sensing you family in pain or danger may be dificult

but to answer your question aside from being unusaly agitated theres nothing i've seen (though i have no ability like yours
)

as for being nuts, theres nothing wrong with being a litle bit crazy. i mean the sane are just crazy people who agree they're all normal.

Edit: Spelling (spelling is for the weak
)

[edit on 27-5-2010 by RokNinja]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RokNinja

Thank you. I probably only told 3 people about my "compass" before, and of them none knew anything about it. I don't see the future, not by a long shot. I do sometimes get a sudden burst of understanding after something has happened while in meditation/dream (I usually meditate to help clear my mind for bed).

Oddly there was one time that it wasn't family I sensed. When Princess Diana died I knew about 30 seconds before the news report came on. Freaked my mother out big time.

Thanks, while its always led me on the best path (not necessarily the easiest), recently that panic button has been getting hit more often. Doesn't help me relax when I'm supposed to be on hiatus from life and healing from a soul-draining semester.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok, this might sound weird to you, but maybe not. I read your reply for April 19/20 Big event did happen, You mentioned your birthday, so I clicked on your profile and had to read this thread. 5 years ago I moved from BC west coast, didn't feel safe
and now I am in probably the safest area in Canada, aside from the bitter cold in the most wintery months. Things have been very good here, I too get the feeling I was led here. Just strong feelings.
When 911 happened I called my son to the TV, and he looked disgusted and started talking about presidential freemasons. He was 15.
For some reason when I read it was your birthday in June, my first thought was "go north". I don't know what part of the US you live in, or anything about you, and no, I am not psychic at all. It is just really weird that I was led to this thread in your profile.
Be safe.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Oddly, whenever I feel like I am at my lowest points, I will find face up pennies, nearly everywhere!

I'm not sure what that means, but I wish I had found a few twenties at times!

Perhaps, at times when we ignore the smallest details, life can really smack you in the face!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That's strange how it has faded over time.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I used to get deja vu all the time when I was young. Or I would think about a movie and it would come on TV days later with me just randomly browsing channels. Even non-popular old movies.

This could all be chance of course.

I also used to have dreams of things I would be doing in the future. Just stupid things like me walking by and seeing a bird fly past. I would dream the EXACT same image, not just vague dreams. Like a movie of my life was being played when I had these dreams.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wow I though this thread had died
Thanks everyone.

I suppose a short update should be given: the "Panic Button" has stopped going off, but I've been finding myself having more and more vivid nightmares. Due to my past I've always had a higher frequency of nightmares, but recently they've become downright horrific. Today I was so scared because of it I declined an invitation to have dinner with a girl I really like. I'm ok now, but it was without a doubt the most violent dream I've ever had, and that includes the one inspired after I watched the Day After!

SnowSpirit. It looks like I'm similar in age to your son. I remember on 9/11 that I knew about the second plane somehow and turned my chair like I was watching it on the horizon, with my eyes hitting the TV screen right as the plane hit. Thank you for telling me your thoughts and concerns. Sadly I'm anchored here by people I love who aren't of the same thoughts as I am. Also doesn't help that I don't drive due to it being one of the few things that causes my brain to just freeze (think blue screen of death on a computer).

Those were desperate times in which I found money like that. I freak people out when I tell them I've experienced starvation twice in my life.

MnmCandiez, speaking of being freaked out, I could have sworn you were reading my mind. I got to looking back at some of the journals I would keep back then and read at how some of those same things would happen. I had forgotten to say anything about deje vu.

As for it fading over time, I think it was a developed sense due to desperation. Since for many years now I have not needed to worry about where meals would come from and have had people whom I can go to with my problems (other than only praying to God, which I still do), I think it has atrophied. Not really sure if or how I could build it back up to be honest, but in these trying times I probably need to look into it more.

My gut tells me that between the Operation Blackjack stuff, the partial solar eclipse within a few days of my birthday, and the goofiness that has been going on in the world, anyone that has an advantage will need it just to not be caught in what may come, let alone live something close to a life.

new topics

top topics

join