It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trolls taking over / Post limit?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
OP just joined 2 weeks ago. what a joke.

wait lemme guess, you had an account in 04 but forgot your password..no that wont work, you can get a new password. Oh wait you were banned...for being a TROLL

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SubjectHero

I dont agree with the OPs answe of liminting posts but the fact is there are trolls, paid or otherwise.
As a wise man once said, if you say a lie often enough it will become truth.

Thats what trolls are here for. To turn lies into truths.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
The OP's complaint is censorship, and his proposed cure is more censorship?

Not censorship... calculated restraint within reason. Even a 1 minute or 30 second break between posts would do wonders. YouTube gets by with 5-10seconds via CAPTCHA every odd post (more like 1-3s for a good troll)... I admire their bravery.

Regarding my OP. After Ahabstar's excellent post I understand more about how site moderation works - they seem to have a pretty good team back there. The information I'm concerned about is somewhat redundant, so I'm going to back down on my complaint about moderation.

Further, All posts by anyone disagreeing with me are banned. That is all.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandwiches
Thank you for explaining all this to me. I wish the mod who dealt with me could have done as much.
I am very happy to hear consensus is required and mods don't act independently.

I can't say I agree with the analysis.
You don't have to agree.

I thought only the site owners could deem something a hoax so that had to go above the mods heads?

And she's been determined to be a hoaxer, not to mention a danger to air traffic safety by pointing lasers at aircraft.

So if the mods don't move or delete the threads, the site owners will:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And there's some good advice in his signature also!

You have a point that she could be the biggest hoaxer in the world yesterday and then tomorrow she might get the best evidence of a real UFO ever captured. And I've never seen a pig fly but I might see one fly tomorrow. I think the two scenarios are about equally likely. So even though your argument may be true, I don't find it very persuasive.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
You mean you aren't being paid to post on ATS? How is that possible?
I thought everyone who posts here is paid. You really need to contact SO or Springer and demand your check.

One more thing..if you think you are being trolled, click on "alert", and there is also an ATS Issues thread you can voice concerns. I have used that thread it in the past, and find it immensely helpful. Mods, owners, and members will frequently come to help you out.

And a board that limits posts? How very odd. And maybe add you must be twenty-five years of age. And have been abducted by aliens. Then we won't need Mods, just a gestapo.

This is the worst suggestion ever.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I say you should get one post a year so you better make it a good one.

This is mine.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Well, since you are a new member. Here is the deal.

Two weeks and you are seeing a trend? Not likely. More than likely someone hurt your feelings and you do not like that. We are not here on ATS to feed trolls but if you do not like someone's position there is a thing called ignore. This very thread is trollish so for your efforts, here you go, a troll award for you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7301096a1db.gif[/atsimg]

For your information, a lot of us are out of work because of the DEPRESSION that is ongoing in the world. Or are you not aware of that, one has to be aware of their surroundings before they can be make assumptions.

You need to make a jump to the scientific method. Ever hear of that?

For your info, I am probably one of the most active members because I love getting my ideas and observations out there. I also learn from other members here and get the feel of the world in general. At least a small cross section of it.

Maybe one should follow an old tenet. It is better to be considered a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

ZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
So, what you are saying, Sandwiches, is this...

"I had two posts removed by a moderator for a T&C infraction and that moderator engaged in a U2U exchange with me about it, but I'm going to conviniently ignore that and instead accuse the staff of the board of bias."

Word to the wise - all actions are seen by all staff. All the time.

Issues should be raised in the ATS Issues thread, or via the Complain/Suggestion feature, and not in "drama bomb" threads in the Board Business and Questions section.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join