It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trolls taking over / Post limit?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandwiches
I agree, but the problem now is the trolls are starting to influence mods to suppress certain videos.

In these situations, threads featuring brand new footage are heavy-handedly thrown into the hoax forum. It doesn't seem to matter that the author has some of the best UFO footage in the world and is frequently mentioned excitedly on radio shows like C2C by popular UFO investigators.

No, we have some very sharp, extremely experienced Mods on here, and they have seen it all before. If they threw a video into the trash or hoax bin, then I guarantee you it belonged there, and it was not a new video here on ATS. I know from years of talking with ATS Mods, there is a lot of stuff that goes on in the background that the normal members like you and me do not see. They track the IP’s of known hoaxers, they catch folks opening multiple accounts then having discussions with themselves, etc… All kind of weird stuff from what I have been told over the years.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Yeah, the ATS owners and advertisers…
Its just an accusation people make of other posters when they get their junk knocked in the dirt and get upset about it. I have been called a paid poster more times then I can even count, and have yet to receive a check from anyone.

Up until recently, I felt as sure as you. Then Just Wondering joined ATS to tell us that the oil leak is not only not a bad thing, but maybe even a good thing and that BP has it under control. I have to admit, that kind of makes me wonder. Well spoken and obviously intelligent yet the posts are little more than good PR for BP, void of facts and reality. Just sayin'

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by sandwiches
Now they're paid trolls?
Whoa.
I know this is a conspiracy site, but...

Are you sure you know it's a conspiracy site? There's a, what, 100% chance there are paid trolls here and you're going to jump on that? Petty. Did I call anyone out? No. Did I say everyone who disagrees? No.

If you see an 'active troll' (paid or a gratis troller - lol) just put them on ignore.

Yep, I do. that's why I don't see half the posts in this thread.

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Disinfo trolls... I see where this is going, you're of the opinion that those that disagree with your belief is disinfo. And of those who keep on disagreeing with you are disinfo trolls.

You would take offense to that remark. As above, no not everyone but surely there are SOME on ATS. To think otherwise is simply ignorant.

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I have a thought... anyone with less than a month membership cannot make suggestions.
Sound fair?

You're going to have to start your own thread, honey.
You might want to check out all my previous posts before you judge me as something I'm not. I think you will find I have a good level head. I was hoping the same of yourself.

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
So, I am curious what the limit should be and how you determine it.

Something reasonable - I don't know. 30 a day? Think of the benefits. A limit would reduce one-liners and improve quality. Just an idea. Maybe it will help give them some new ideas even if it ends up just becoming "another factor" that does not impose too much.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Something reasonable - I don't know. 30 a day? Think of the benefits. A limit would reduce one-liners and improve quality. Just an idea. Maybe it will help give them some new ideas even if it ends up just becoming "another factor" that does not impose too much.

Do you really think 30 a day would cut down on people knocking you?

Do you really think 30 a day would limit the amount of people posting opposing views to yours? These trolls you speak of, how many times did they post in one day? Was it more than 30?

How would a limit on posts cut down on one liners? There is already a rule against one liners.

Thanks in advance for answering.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Ok I'm coming clean.

At this moment I am being paid to post here.

By a large London based company, who could be considered by some to have questional morals.

Even the queen is on the board...

So... Let's move along shall we? Nothing to see here!

[edit on 27/5/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Since 3 of your threads have been removed, I would suggest that the topics you were trying to cover have been beaten to death somewhere on ATS already. This is almost always the case when a thread is removed for its simple lack of credibility or new content.

I posted video replies on 3 out of 15 threads about seeingUFOsPA. I thought that was moderate, but 2 were removed and I was penalized -1000.

Then after taking some time off I posted some brand new footage from May 3rd... but it was removed instantly, because now the deniers have a mod on their side.

Why not let it roll and let the users decide? If you look carefully at all seeingUFOsPA threads and compare the number of people who believe it's a hoax to the number that don't, I think you will find the people who want the investigation to remain open are the majority.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Yeah, occasionally you get stuff like that, it has happened before like during the election. Its usually pretty obvious who is pulling that though, and the Admin crack down on them like they did in PTS. Additionally, it can be just as easily said guys who come here toting the latest CT from Hoagland, or Carnicom are paid people as well. I mean guys like Hoagland aren’t out there doing this stuff for free, it’s a business to them.

Either way though, the OP seems more upset about threads that are not based on hot topics about currant public events though. The folks he is running up against are other long standing members, not someone who showed up simply to knock down his theories.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Just letting you know you only have 8 posts left today!

Your Posts for Today!

Use them wisely young grasshopper!

IRM

[edit on 27/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Do you really think 30 a day would cut down on people knocking you?

I don't care if people knock me, but when they continually derail threads with personal opinion and personal attacks and then are seen to be influencing mods I become concerned about the quality of this fine web site.

Do you really think 30 a day would limit the amount of people posting opposing views to yours? These trolls you speak of, how many times did they post in one day? Was it more than 30?

I'm not concerned about people opposing my views, I'm concerned about people suppressing objective investigation of both sides and often using personal attacks as their only "facts" (straight out of the disinfo playbook).

How would a limit on posts cut down on one liners? There is already a rule against one liners.

If you have a limit on posts you're more likely to think for a longer time before pressing the submit button. If you're a frequent poster, you won't want to hit your limit, so will think before submitting, trying to express all of your many thoughts that might only have come out several posts later otherwise.

Thanks in advance for answering.

No thank you

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

DID

YOU

LOOK

TO

SEE

IF

WHAT

YOU

POSTED

WAS

COVERED

ELSEWHERE?

Making me ask the same question twice is just making me use up my 30 post limit.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Ok I'm coming clean.

At this moment I am being paid to post here.

By a large London based company, who could be considered by some to have questional morals.

Even the queen is on the board...

So... Let's move along shall we? Nothing to see here!

Gotta luv your honesty........

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Again, it was brand new footage, but apparently the author of the films is not liked by a particular moderator.

If I could get a list of authors who aren't allowed to be posted, that would be great....

link   

I don't care if people knock me, but when they continually derail threads with personal opinion and personal attacks and then are seen to be influencing mods I become concerned about the quality of this fine web site.

DO YOU THINK A LIMIT OF 30 WOULD DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?????

Not going to just answer questions are you? I have to ask, when did you get concerned about the quality of this fine site? Your 1st day? 2nd day? Or today, your 13th day? just curious.

I'm not concerned about people opposing my views, I'm concerned about people suppressing objective investigation of both sides and often using personal attacks as their only "facts" (straight out of the disinfo playbook).

Why can you not answer my question?

If you have a limit on posts you're more likely to think for a longer time before pressing the submit button. If you're a frequent poster, you won't want to hit your limit, so will think before submitting, trying to express all of your many thoughts that might only have come out several posts later otherwise.

Well, maybe.

No thank you

No, seriously - can you answer me this time?

Also, I am curious. You claim the problem is that your videos were removed right away. How would a 30 post limit help you there?

Let me also ask again - how many time did the posters you feel are trolls post in one day?

link   

LOL still say you are paid by the inch and that post was brilliant...
Good work

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Again, it was brand new footage, but apparently the author of the films is not liked by a particular moderator.

If I could get a list of authors who aren't allowed to be posted, that would be great....

So it was new footage but from a source THAT HAS BEEN COVERED?

Please do not be so vague. I am asking quite clear and specific questions. When you make me ask them repeatedly, I feel like you are trying to trap me into a position from which you can accuse me of trolling.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Yeah, occasionally you get stuff like that, it has happened before like during the election. Its usually pretty obvious who is pulling that though, and the Admin crack down on them like they did in PTS. Additionally, it can be just as easily said guys who come here toting the latest CT from Hoagland, or Carnicom are paid people as well. I mean guys like Hoagland aren’t out there doing this stuff for free, it’s a business to them.

Ah, I see. This was the first time I ever saw a poster that really made me think there might be money behind it. Of course, bragging about the money they made from "investments" in BP helped a little.

Either way though, the OP seems more upset about threads that are not based on hot topics about currant public events though. The folks he is running up against are other long standing members, not someone who showed up simply to knock down his theories.

I kind of figured that but I thought I would try to get the OP to explain this to me in his own words. Not going well.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I posted video replies on 3 out of 15 threads about seeingUFOsPA. I thought that was moderate, but 2 were removed and I was penalized -1000.

This tells me everything I need to know about SeeingUFOsPA’s credibility right here:

OUR STUFF SHOWS ON RADAR. Also, UFOs don't use airports, so what does it matter how many are in my area?

I especially like the “High pitched machine sound presumably from gas well drilling” quote…
Can you say R/C or private airplane…

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

LOL still say you are paid by the inch and that post was brilliant...
Good work

LOL, well thanks. Unfortunately I am still waiting for my first check so if you run into anyone from payroll, send them to see me, ok?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Really Sandwiches?
One mans disinfo is anothers truth, it swings both ways as well.
There is no need to put a limit on anybody's posts at all. If you have a solid argument your trolls should not be a problem.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

DO YOU THINK A LIMIT OF 30 WOULD DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?????

In fact, I do, and I'll tell you why. If the trolls have to switch accounts their enhanced "credibility" gained by being "so familiar" starts to wane. This reduces their chances at overwhelming moderators.

Not going to just answer questions are you? I have to ask, when did you get concerned about the quality of this fine site? Your 1st day? 2nd day? Or today, your 13th day? just curious.

Long time reader, new poster.

Why can you not answer my question?

Probably because I have not yet started counting posts on ATS.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join