It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blaming Britain For American negligence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Iam sure that the spill originated on the American lease of BP operations?
So whats all this blaming BP for?
It was americans who caused it?
So why are you demonising the Brits?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

To be honest my inital and ongoing thoughts are, nothing is as it seems...

Something smells fishy on both sides on this one... I would not be surprised if they come out and say "actually it was X nation that caused this" or other such nonsense.

Look at the negative US-UK relations over the Falklands issues, yet that was a cover so that Barclay's could sort out the sovereign debt crisis in Argentina (Barclay's being a British bank managing the debt restructure) that the US was equally deeply involved in.

www.businessweek.com...

The hoo haa that caused on this site vis a vis a conflict over the Islands that was never in the offing, but rather the elite using smoke and mirrors to keep our eyes off the real issue.. What would have happened to South America had Argentina gone bust...

So my opinion is that there is something deeply amiss in this case, with the North/South Korean issue and we are seeing more smoke and mirrors..

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Interesting connections there, another interesting thing is what is BP doing going for oil in the Gulf of Mexico?
Do Mexico get something out of it?
Is it a new oil discovery?
Or is that it a new oil field?
That the Mexicans wont get now this has happennned?
Get the drift? cant trust the Mexicanos with this oil?
A new oil field acquisition?
Or a new closure to force up the barrel price?
I dont think BP knows how it happenned?
Why ....because it occurred on the US side.?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

As I understand it, the oil from the BP operation that blew was earmarked for China. S, are they to blame as well?

Blame for this lies with many parties, not just BP.
Ok, BP likely made payoffs to regulators, inspectors and helped Obama into power with some campaign donations. So, GUILTY.

However, there is then Halliburton in the mix, as well as Transcocean, whom BP lease the rig from. All cutting corners in the name of profit. GUILTY as well.

Add to all that the incompetent and downright criminal inspectors, allowing the above to write their own safety reports. GUILTY too.

All the players, from the POTUS to the local inspectors, and everybody in between, seems to be guilty of dishonesty, bribery and ignoring safety protocols. But hey, that's business!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Wow what a cynic

But you do describe in oil painting detail the sad reality of what happenned.
Have you worked in the industry?
The building and trucking industrys in Oz take safety as serious as Fawlty Towers also.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
i]reply to post by Dr Conspire

Blame 'em because we are them!

Britain Owns America

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGiantPeach4
i]reply to post by Dr Conspire

Blame 'em because we are them!

Britain Owns America

SSh , they still think they won the American War of Independance, but we have been pulling th estrings ever since
Pearl Harbour
JFK
S11
THe oil spill
The shrewd Brits , the masters of Earth.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire

You do realize that Mexico does not own the Gulf of Mexico, its just the name of the body of water.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by Dr Conspire

You do realize that Mexico does not own the Gulf of Mexico, its just the name of the body of water.

Yes something to do with the American/mexican war?
Where the mexicans were screwed out of the oil business?
Something to do with texas? and texas T?
If you had been fair(or is that we) the mexicans may not have flooded into the USA to escape the poverty of an oilesss nation?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Mexico can drill within its border region of the gulf, the same way the US does. This accident happened in the US area of the Gulf, and has nothing at all to do with Mexico. There is a 12-mile territorial zone that extends from all countries shores, followed by a 200 nautical mile economic zone (used for fishing, oil drilling, etc). The same rules apply to Mexico as they do to the US, and this incident happened within 200 nautical miles of Louisiana. Please tell me when Mexico EVER had any territorial dispute with the US over the Louisiana Territory? That was French land before it was US land.

en.wikipedia.org...

So what’s your point?

top topics

join