It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is global war an inevitable consequence of economic meltdown?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It seems pretty much everyone is entering very shakey ground right now. No economy in the world can truly be said to be "booming," although some are doing better than others, relatively speaking. But all the major economies are threatened by bv budget overextension, debt overload, market malaise, falling property values, moribund markets, and so forth. There is also massive unemployment in the developed world.

It almost seems like war -- global war, involving everybody -- is inevitable in the medium term based on this situation. War is a kind of economic "reset button." It cancels debt, boosts employment, uses up (i.e., kills) "excess labor," puts excess productive capacity to work, and so on. It settles imbalanced international debt betwen nations by making it irrelevant (enemy nations assets can be seized, debts can be canceled, etc.).

Is this the only way out for the poor old human race?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Is global war an inevitable consequence of economic meltdown?

As sure as greedy seagulls fight over scraps!

IRM

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Don't arm yourself for social or political rebellion. Arm yourself for protection from thieves and murders.

Ensure that you have what you need to survive, for any reasonable emergency. This is what you can change and it will truly make you stronger.

Now, regarding war, if there is to be a large war, there is little any individual can do, while maintaining a clear conscience, to avoid it, but the little there is to be done will strengthen nations to survive, at the very least morally, despite the death that creeps over the lands and waters.

Get yourself in order so that you can express that order charitably. Give to your neighbor as you would give to yourself in the same situation.

Don't provide for your potential needs for protection from thieves and murders. Provide for your potential needs for social or political rebellion.

Animals are without government. These are the thieves and murders.
Animal-like governments are formed by those peoples who lack self-governance.
The resolution to poor governing is not to set up a new government, but to live by self-governing. This can only happen on a cultural level. Governments fail. Religions fail. Understanding and Understanding Expressed; these do not fail.

Self-governance by what the Creators provide to us expresses dissent without being dissent. This is a simple thing.
---
My words have been carefully chosen. May they also be carefully read.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
For me the line I take is that *if* those in power the world over can not fix the economy with yet another throw of the dice/bailout the global economy then I really do feel that the only option they have left open to themselves is a conflict.

The time line I work to is that conflict will explode just prior to any next market crash... at which point individual gov's can move on their emergency powers and protect their markets, cancel debts, requisition what they want etc..

At the moment, without serious wealth creation (jobs/industry) we have little chance of repaying the bailouts... even tax/service cuts will have a negative impact on what we consume, thus impacting the producing nations (like China) anyway you look at it, without wealth creation we are in deep mess.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I've always been in 2 minds about this because on one hand this is what tends to happen and is a big "reset button", but on the other hand if WW3 happens then it would destroy the planet so there would be no point. It would have to be a world war with very little or no nukes involved for it to be a plan that would work without destroying everyone and allowing the human race to continue afterwards.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It doesn't have to be this way if we just all stop at the same time and reconfigure our agendas here on earth.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think the whole concept of economic downturn results in large-scale wars is one of those simplistic 'rules-of-thumb' that float around. There are those that profit obscenely with war and in a bad economy they will be particularly anxious for a war in order to line their pockets. But although history does repeat itself, conditions are very much different in the world these days. Economies are inextricably intertwined in ways never before seen in history. There is certainly enough tension out there but it could be reasonably argued that the reason we are in economic trouble to begin with is becuase of the wars in which we've recently been engaged.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Good point, and I agree, drkid. Any good ideas on how this could be accomplished? Now if everyone on the planet happened to WAKE UP all of a sudden, then perhaps something like this could in fact work. I only know of two things that would wake up everyone, one is a cosmic event that threatens Earth, or if ET craft suddenly fills the skies like in V or Independence Day.

top topics

join