It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds launch another assault on privacy: Id required for prepaid phones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The high street shops always ask for id/proof of address. They keep this information on record for years. Until recently, the only purchase that required the buyer's identity and address was a television set. This was for licensing(tax) purposes. Retailers had no right to know anything about the buyer other than the ability to pay. Now, try to pay cash and in many places you will be asked to provide personal information that is nobody's business but yours.

The 'difference' it makes is that I never gave any governing authority the right to infringe upon my privacy. I never gave any governing authority permission to decide what was best for me. No government was elected on a surveilance and tracking mandate.

Data mining of every private citizen is a direct attempt to undermine individual liberties.

In Britian, the NWO total control pathfinder nation, the PTB can observe and track how people behave, individually and collectively, to any given social or media stimuli. They are learning that when the national curriculum is dumbed down and people spend a lot of their leisure time with the mindlessly soporific goggle-box, they are more amenable to the creaping erosion of civil and individual liberties.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

The problems is that this laws made under the umbrella of catching the "bad guys" are actually to target regular American citizens if you have not noticed that already then you better open your eyes, most laws made to fight terrorism is actually fighting regular law abiding citizens, oppressing freedom of choice.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Simple solution, just have an illegal
immigrant buy you a pre-paid phone.

In Massachusetts, illegals can do anything
and they don't need a ID.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join