It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaua volcano is erupting now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Gaua Volcano is erupting at vanuatu, look to the east of Papua New Guinea.

History: Santa Maria Island is the top of Gaua, a stratovolcano. Gaua rises about 9,800 feet (3,000 m) from the sea floor. Steaming Hill Lake, a crescent-shaped crater lake, is just below Mt. Gharat, a secondary cone and summit of the volcano. Solfataras are on the south side of the volcano and hot springs are on the north slope. Map from Fisher (1957) after J.R. Baker. Gaua has had at least 13 eruptions from Mt. Gharat since 1963. The most recent eruption was in 1982 and lasted less than one day. Most of the historic eruptions have lasted only 1-2 days with the 1963 and 1973-1974 eruptions lasting a few months.

source: hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
According to that, there are a lot of volcanos going off right now and a lot of earthquakes too all over the place. The world is very active right now.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Gaua Volcano is erupting at vanuatu, look to the east of Papua New Guinea.

History: Santa Maria Island is the top of Gaua, a stratovolcano. Gaua rises about 9,800 feet (3,000 m) from the sea floor. Steaming Hill Lake, a crescent-shaped crater lake, is just below Mt. Gharat, a secondary cone and summit of the volcano. Solfataras are on the south side of the volcano and hot springs are on the north slope. Map from Fisher (1957) after J.R. Baker. Gaua has had at least 13 eruptions from Mt. Gharat since 1963. The most recent eruption was in 1982 and lasted less than one day. Most of the historic eruptions have lasted only 1-2 days with the 1963 and 1973-1974 eruptions lasting a few months.

source: hisz.rsoe.hu...

This is what i got when i visited the website. Btw, that's a very distracting Avatar

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

There are earthquakes going on a lot of places like now the world is truly full of activity right now.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Number one I too saw the two earthquakes in California, and number two I was thinking the same thing about the avatar.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Does anyone know the vanuatu volcano live feed website? I cant find the site anymore, supposedly the east coast of australia would be hit by a tsunami if the vanuatu volcano erupted. Im not sure if this volcano was the main one on the islands though.

My avatar rocks! Deal with it you noobs

[edit on 27-5-2010 by rajaten]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ummmm... did you even read the details? Nothing unusual happening here.

Just another 'scare' thread.

RSOE EDIS Details

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Does anyone know the vanuatu volcano live feed website? I cant find the site anymore, supposedly the east coast of australia would be hit by a tsunami if the vanuatu volcano erupted. Im not sure if this volcano was the main one on the islands though.

My avatar rocks! Deal with it you noobs

I do not know, and yes your avatar does rock, i'm not gonna lie it's pretty hot!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by damn_ummmm

That data is for the 2009 eruption. Not the one that is currently occuring. There are no new details on the current eruption on that site, other than that it is happening as you can see in the map.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It is no longer erupting according to the .hu site.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Arenal in Costa Rica is also erupting, and there are rumours that the one near San Jose is starting to smoke a lot too. Not to mention the few big earthquakes that have happened recently.

top topics

join