It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Gulf Oil Spill Mirrors One From 1979 EXACTLY!! AMAZING ARCHIVAL FOOTAGE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

After all that was tried and failed, maybe this one would work...

bless insomnia for infomercials

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buffalogoose

Thanks for the catastrophic sense of humor failure.

BP could use those kind of talents. Just sayin.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
good find OP S&F.
this points expands BP behavior as not just negligence,but Gross Negigence. I hope that the commitee investigating gets this information.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hi folks.

This is indeed one helluva concidence, y'all think? I mean, it's even the same company that was involved 31 years ago, using the same 30 year old flappy, slapstick smoke and mirrors tricks they did back in the 70's.

And then we have to remember the Gulf of Tonkin, and where that took America - just like we have going on in Korea.

Is this a major time ripple or what?!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Xx_DarKnight_xX]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Loam had a thread on the Ixtoc spill and comparing it to the current spill a few weeks ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some great information and numbers in that thread for anyone who hasn't seen it.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by GAOTU789]

I joined up today to comment on a sick trend in MSM that obviously got that news agency who broadcast that story referrenced in this op a handy tidbit that got them rated and paid...

It's my expressed opinion that the news organization MSNBC and Rachel Maddow that broadcast the video in this OP owes ATS and Loam a handsome fee for use of copyrighted materials....

you heard it first here on ATS... well, says the news editor, since ATS doesn't have a means of broadcast lets take this little tidbit further, dig out the archive footage we have on file for this incident, and make headlines... oh, that's right.... by the way,thanks ATS - without your intellectual properties, we would never have put two and two together lol...

[edit to add]

ATS didn't even get an honorable mention in that video, let alone any offers of compensation lol. did they at least send a letter of thanks?

If I were Bill, I'd be asking my lawyer to contact MSNBC to inquire about that lol...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Xx_DarKnight_xX]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

If we are living in some sort of re-run of 'planet earth' keep your eyes peeled for the international space station!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by JohnySeagull]

timewave zero can predict !!!

Mayans were the first to discover that history repeats itself!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by belidged

....Disco???

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
1: Develop new energy tech.
2: Deplete usable oil reserve to capitalise on existing stocks.
3: Charge through the roof for trickles of new energy tech.
4: ???
5: PROFIT!!

Unpossible.. you idiot..

[edit on 29/5/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Booker’s
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Great find, thanks for posting.

Too bad the gay Maddow had to make a racist, sexist bigoted introduction to the film clip against a white male news announcer. You would think that with her national exposure, she would get some therapy for her compulsive hate speech.

I hope she doesn't own a gun. It's unbalanced Leftists like her who are responsible for a 100 million murders in the last century. Her casual denial about her obvious sadistic tendencies is frightening - I wonder how long she's allowed herself to injure small defenseless animals, or if she still beats her lover?

Hate speech? She said "gravitas white guy", big freaking deal. Looking back on those days it is almost comical how cookie cutter the news anchors were. And I'm a 40 something white guy. And btw, it's the right wingnuts with the guns and militia groups. Timothy McVay, anybody?
I used to be republican, but changed when it became obvious that the right was identifying itself with Christianity because christians, of which I am one, will largely believe their leaders no matter what rot they feed them. I've also learned over the years that any significant progress, (oohhh, dirty word, hope it makes it past the censors) has been made by the left. While I'm still considered by most who know me as a "conservative christian", I read, watch, listen, and think with the brain God gave me. BTW, I believe Jesus had a name for the conservatives of his day. As I recall it was "generation of vipers".

[edit on 29-5-2010 by staver]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Check this out...it shows that the "live" video feed is just a loop

pesn.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by grammaton
Check this out...it shows that the "live" video feed is just a loop

pesn.com...

wow...really nice find, I wonder what they're covering up?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I would like to add that the Ixtoc 1 lasted for 295 days.

This website www.cedre.fr...

"the oil spurt had been reduced first from 4,200 – 4,300 tonnes/day to 1,400 – 1,500 tonnes/day, thanks to the digging of freeing pipes which lowered pressure in the implicated well."

1500 tonnes/day = 476,639 gallons a day.

Some updated numbers for the deepwater: in an AP news article, scientists estimated that the deepwater is spilling 2.52 million gallons a day

news.yahoo.com...

The Ixtoc 1 spilled a total of 470,000 to 1.5 millions tonnes, or 149 million to 462 million gallons.

116 million gallons have gushed out already of deepwater.

If this continues at a rate of 2 million a day, and deepwater goes for as long as the Ixtoc 1, then it will spill 590 million gallons of oil.

Sad news for corexit:

"The widespread use of dispersants (during Ixtoc 1), the settlement of containment booms and the mobilization of all PEMEX’s recovery means were insuffisant when faced with such a spill. Oil slicks reached the coast around Vera Cruz, Tampico, Campeche, Laguna Madre and even as far as Texas."

In conclusion, the deepwater is far greater than the Ixtoc 1 in terms of oil spillage, but Ixtoc 1 went for a staggering 295 days, and so we are only day 57 into the BP disaster.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by filosophia]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join