It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Gulf Oil Spill Mirrors One From 1979 EXACTLY!! AMAZING ARCHIVAL FOOTAGE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaynos
Like 9/11 consipiracy to invade Irak ? What would be the point of this ?

How about oil/gas prices, mass evacuation panic (martial law), MONEY....

I'm sure there's more!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Real-Stinker

I had to log in just to add you as a friend, reason being I have been thinking along the same lines, I just hope we are wrong, for humanities sake.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
This is one of the weirdest deja-vu events you'll ever see!

Today, as the Gulf oil spill continues to flow, BP also had to shut down an 800 mile long oil pipeline in Alaska due to a valve leak. An unspecified volume of crude oil leaked out.
news.yahoo.com...

Here is where the weirdness smacks you in the face. Watch this vid and freak.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Thanks, this reminds me a bit of a "virtual" reality tv show, you could make a good movie around this, was it 31 years ago, or was it now?

With the Alaska pipe issues and the Gulf well blow out issues of today, which are a near mirroring effect of the same issues 31 years ago (down to the same tv reporting, except the different fashions of the day
it makes you wonder, do parralell universes actually exist, with perhaps different outcomes? or is what we are seeing today actually a repeat of a past event on a different dimension? so rather than a "time traveller" and "event traveller"?

Yeah, a little out there, but the events are uncanny in similarity, or perhaps its as simple as we are such dumb#s as a money hungry human race we never learn from the past, and just repeat the same old screwups?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hello...

Having just watched the video then I'm left in NO doubt that this will get worse and worse. Contamination of the a greater volume of the oceans, destruction of more of the eco systems and associated wildlife, contamination of the rain and ingress of oil much farther inland than people would like to think !!! Remember, it only takes a small quantity of oil to pollute a large volume of water..... in the rain it will affect drinking supplies !!

Being British, I am also ashamed of the actions of BP, but unfortunately most of the sheeple in this country seem to be oblivious or even, dare I say 'NOT BOTHERED' with what is happening being more concerned with the everyday distractions which mean nothing (ref... celebs, sports stars and bloody eurovision song contest.....! what's the point of that?).

I wonder what the outcome of this disaster will be in the long term for BP, it may well affect many pension pots and other financial insturments and then maybe people might take a little more notice.

My concern after watching the video though are really about how long this will be....... the 'top kill' idea might reduce flow a little or something but I think as 'INFORMED' people we should be making provisions now for a worse scenario to come!!!!

Finally I do want to 'RANT' at America !!! because your nation has driven the profit and greed mentality, celebrity culture and the 25% global usage of oil....... We all need to look inward and think about these things and where we can go from here.....

Thanks
PurpleDog UK

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
THis has got to be one of the most insane things I have ever seen.

To me this actual broadcast was put out for a reason.

News anchor states 31 years ago. Just flip that around and you got 13th.

Last time it happened on the 13th of June.

On the 13th of June we will be in the middle of a rather significant planetary alignment.

I can't wait to see what happens on the 13th of June this year? Wow.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

This sounds very much like the basic interpretation of insanity. Do something over and over and over, expecting a different outcome. The problem is, I don't think that this is really insanity on anyone's part. The easiest way for me to better understand is realize that if an organization is doing something that an ordinary organization wouldn't normally do, or what they are doing appears to not be logical, then perhaps what is really happening is subterfuge. Ultimately, we don't have enough facts to truly understand the why of this situation. If we did, then I think the reasons for this and many other things would become crystal clear.

Having an situationally similar scenario played out in 1979 to call upon, what were the results of the oil spill then, on the environment, on the industry, on the political arena, on the price of oil & gas? Additionally, what was the state of those elements before versus after the spill? Answer some of those questions, and then perhaps we might begin to scratch the surface of understanding.

ESV

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
wow that is a coincidence. 200 foot leak v 5000 leak using tech
that did not work then cant be good.

great find s & F for you op oh and nice avatar

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The more things don't change the more they stay the same.

What motive for it not being a disaster, none. None at all. It's not as if they were shorting gulf oil the day before at Goldman Sachs. Except of course they were. Trans Ocean Shorting

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
"That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history." - Aldous Huxley

It's almost as though it's some sick version of a public reaction test to see how the general public will behave and act. Just like the 1976 swine flu fraud where President Gerald Ford announced the biggest national vaccine program in history. Biggest that is until last year's swine flu fiasco which ended up with the same results, same public outcry to vaccinate every man, woman and child and same unprecedented campaign of action.

Now here's another identical situation - how will the public react this time, some 30 years later, to environmental devastation? Better? Worst? More or less controllable? Are they more or less easy to manipulate?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
good find.

1979 was no 'mistake',
neither was 2010.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

www.forbes.com...

It's all happening all over again. History is repeating itself. This is why education is important people, especially History. YOU HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE PAST.

In 1979, the oil crisis, as it was known, was exacerbated by geopolitical factors. Americans were being held hostage in Iran, and OPEC was emerging as a political force. Today, OPEC is less of a force, and Americans are at war, not in Iran, but in Iraq. Price shocks are felt from violence and sabotage there, as well as from political currents in Russia and Venezuela. There is more world demand from outside the U.S. and Europe than there was a generation ago.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If we are living in some sort of re-run of 'planet earth' keep your eyes peeled for the international space station!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Operation Sombrero? ..That was great.

It's amazing that Maddow can be quite capable of great reporting and commentary when she is unbiased.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
woops sorry i meant to post this in my halliburton thread.. sorry about this. great thread i am linking to this from my halliburton thread. Red Adair was sent in to stop the 1979 oil spill, he mentored BOots & Coots...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ereply to post by Real-Stinker

Do tell more my friend. Where are you going with that? I'm intrigued. Check out tinyurl.com/inconvenientharvest

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Diluted]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
People don't seem to realize that the oil industry has the equipment necessary to avoid such blowouts as the one that occurred in the Gulf of Mexico, but in 31 years US Lawmakers haven't done a damn thing to make it a requirement to use them in the United States.

Every other oil producing country in the world requires the use of this technology when drilling - the USA is the only holdout.

Not sure what could have been done for the pipeline, but the Gulf oil spill was EASILY preventable had BP followed exactly the same rules that it is required to follow in every other drilling country in the world.

It's also interesting to note that the major shareholder in the trans Alaska pipeline is - you guessed it - BP.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

The other footage is good tho and shows how dumb and greedy we still are all these years later.

Speak for yourself mate, if i had my way money would be outlawed, and so would the use of fossil fuels.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

THis has got to be one of the most insane things I have ever seen.

To me this actual broadcast was put out for a reason.

News anchor states 31 years ago. Just flip that around and you got 13th.

Last time it happened on the 13th of June.

On the 13th of June we will be in the middle of a rather significant planetary alignment.

I can't wait to see what happens on the 13th of June this year? Wow.

I was just thinking the same thing. The op's title says "mirrors". Well 31 in the mirror is 13. Straaaaange...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Thank you for the link! If you google around looking for things like blow outs, how many barrels of oil spilled, etc, it would blow people away (no pun intended) the number of people killed & environment soiled by VERY similar circumstances and breaches of caution & responsibility. It is tantamount to the anti social who believes that each "little" bizarre thing they do is somehow different than the others by way of some technicality or detail
That the oil industry, the scientific community or governments don't deal with this issue isn't explainable. It is shocking the frequency at which these occur. Or at least it was to me. Every "fail safe" they have apparently continues to fail- on land and offshore.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ok...So let me get this right. Madow says the technology is the same based on a report from 30 some odd years ago? She doesnt verify the techniques and technology or that the skill sets may have changed any. No interviews or investigations other than dredging up old news footage and ya'll lap it up? Now thats a wow moment to me!

And what? What? Over 30 years ago and the world didn't end? The gulf didnt turn into a huge pool of permanent oil? So the shrimpers and fisherman never returned? tourism never recovered?

The spill sux! The repruccusions suk! But..............We need the oil. We need it drilled...and we need it done by the very best! If the grandest country in the history of the world does a self impossed moritorium on drilling. The gap will be filled by less capable actors. They will drill for it from areas not controlled by the USA and they will tap into our resevoirs of oil using horizontal drilling methods. We will be shooting ourselves in the foot over this. Were giving it away on a silver plater.

www.geology.wisc.edu...

I'm not sure but I think a directional well can be drilled from as far away as 5 to 7 miles. this would be doable for someone to sit outside our territorial waters and just tap out resevoirs. I'm not an expert so legal details may be sketchy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join