It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghans believe US is funding Taliban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Afghans believe US is funding Taliban

www.guardian.co.uk

It's near-impossible to find anyone in Afghanistan who doesn't believe the US are funding the Taliban: and it's the highly educated Afghan professionals, those employed by ISAF, USAID, international media organizations – and even advising US diplomats – who seem the most convinced.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What the mainstream media has been labeling as 'WAR' against terrorism both in Afghanistan and Iraq is unfolding to be a staged war against paid "insurgents" . A war against a CIA created Taliban and AL-Queda. Both groups are funded and given intelligence about our troops by the CIA.....www.youtube.com... more info on ties between Taliban and the CIA.......www.youtube.com... Local Afghan. people have reported of unmarked helicopters dropping off insurgent combatants prior to an ambush attack on US troops.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-5-2010 by L.HAMILTON]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

It's in their interest to fund a "never ending war" to enrich the warlords and themselves at the expense of the common person. Without the constant funding, whether by action or inaction (poppy field protection), there would be no "war on terror"...

The mujahidin, who later became the taliban, were originally paid and trained by the CIA to fight the USSR in Afghanistan... Don't worry, old friends always meet again...

Magnum

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I posted a thread about a story from RT along these same lines.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People need to wake up and realize that these wars are totally bogus.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The sad part is, just about everyone I know would call me crazy for saying the wars are funded by our own government. On the other hand, people seem to be waking up on a global scale.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well if only they had ATS access! They would know that the other side thinks the same exact thing. Guess how the truth is confirmed? Communication! Give them the internet so they can confirm the size of the big iron rod that is being driven into their behinds.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
they over estimate their importance. if 9-11 hadnt happened their pissant little country would still be ruled by those savages. go blow up your buddhas and make your opium. look at what countries like the UAE have done then look at these losers. we should just set off a nuke over there and act like they did it to themselves. women and children be damned

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Just look at all the comments the sheep left on the article page. That's the sad thing here...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
they over estimate their importance. if 9-11 hadnt happened their pissant little country would still be ruled by those savages. go blow up your buddhas and make your opium. look at what countries like the UAE have done then look at these losers. we should just set off a nuke over there and act like they did it to themselves. women and children be damned

What a sad sad life you must lead. Obviously you know nothing about history. These "savages" lived pretty well 40 years ago.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well they are.

Who's funding the Afghan government? The US. Most of the money slip trought the cracks of corruption and end up in Talibans hands. Same thing with funding of Pakistan.

Who's helping grow the poppy fields and protects them? The US troops!

Who put the brother of the biggest drug lord in the middle-east in power in Afghanistan? The US!

Yep, the US government is really really really filthy. They love dead US troops, they love dead afghan civilians, they love drug money and they sure as hell love all those arms and private contracts.

The military industrial complex is in charge of the US mission in Afghanistan, simple as that.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

it should be noted that its not who´s helping but whos forcing them to grow poppies,

as far as i know the taleban regime put an end to the cultivation only to be greeted by bullets and forced to grow it again for around 100 dollars a kilo.
poppy for medicine

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I also love how the author throws in nonsense like, "No Jews were killed in 9/11" This adds to make it look like nothing but a conspiracy theory and this article is meant to do nothing but try and destroy another truth with drivel. Make us look like crazies bc now we're associated with a ridiculous comment that was probably never made. I doubt if the person "interviewed" for this story even exists.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by conspiracy88]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

wow does living a totally ignorant life just suck?? i cant believe you would post things like this....and actually until radical religous groups sprang up they were actually a pretty solid country rich actually, this is the kind of thing that gives americans a bad name...please refrain from being an idiot here thank you

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You know its pretty hard for me to grasp that view... but WHAT IF...

What if the government creates said situations to create laws and protect against certain things? TO create legal strategies to deal with people if and how they want.

Why would they do it?

Who would be in on it?

Interesting theory there...

I personally am not sure. There are extremists out there... but what if the Government tried to make it look worse than it really is...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

Yes it's sad, whether or not people agree with the article you can tell by the use of words by the people commenting that they really just don't have a clue, it's inconceivable to them, i loved the comment about conspiracy theories not using logic...sigh, i hate it when reality slaps me in the face. On ATS you tend to somehow believe that people are thinking more outside the mainstream box and not buying in to tabloid trash, researching things for themselves etc
Im sadly mistaken it seems.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I used to think such a scenario was ridiculous.

I am not so sure now.

But if it is true then they have murdered their own countrymen and committed an act of war against the UK and Canada etc.

Of course our governments could also be involved.

If ever proven true then it would result in a complete breakdown of our government and societies.
That is the one thing that makes me think this is not true.

But I certainly haven't, and won't, dismiss it outright, there is so much that suggest's that it just MAY be true.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The "nail in the coffin" for me is the fact that before this war, people in Afghanistan were executed for being drug farmers. Now, opium is a HUGE cash crop in that country, and is one of the leading sources of opium in America..

HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN?! Who is transporting it?!?! This is all a flashback of the Iran Contra, and how our corrupt intel agencies import drugs to support their covert missions. People are being placed in prisons for the drugs the CIA brought in!! Unreal!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Rogue elements in the Intel and Security services maybe actively involved....but proving it must be very hard and it is also very different from our Governements being either aware of these activities or being actively involved in these activities themselves.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
We as a nation were told to support the Freedom Fighters to war against the Russians. We were never told to stop supporting them. The Taliban and the Freedom Fighters are the same people. Support the troops means both sides.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Haha, well they do have ATS access, if they would just open their ignorant little minds fa christ sake.
My father thinks it is some crazy person site(no surprise there) and my best friend is catching on, he has visited but yet to join. I did open his eyes to many realities though, and just like the saying goes "The truth hurts"

Jesus...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join