It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Eyeballing' Vodka Fad Becomes New Danger for Teens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Buncha followers, so few leaders in the future I feel. I revert back to the Idiocracy video

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

If this isn't inspiration for a new "You're Doing it Wrong" poster than I don't know what is.

Human beings are fundamentally insane, it truly is amazing that our species even survived this long.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Why do I have a feeling like this all started out as a youtube prank of some kind?
Someone filled up a vodka bottle with water and did it, the whole time, they were just pretending to be a badass. However, this led to someone else wanting to be just as cool, and actually it with a real bottle.

And now it's just exponentially catching on like an internet wildfire. I wouldn't be surprised if a few kids die from putting un-necessary things into their eyes. The darwin awards are going to be very eye-centric this year.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

You know, I really hope that this thread is read by a few of these kids that may be susceptible to this nonsense. Maybe we can thwart some awareness. You never know.
ATS is a powerful tool.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
People should have the freedom to do whatever they want, so as long as they don't harm others. Let them make their mistakes! Why do they need an authority to tell them that what they are doing is bad and what is right or wrong? They should find it out for themselves...when it's too late.

/sarcasm

Seriously, I thought you guys supported complete freedom?

As for me and my nanny-state ideology, take their alcohol away before they all go blind!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Ha... I was ready to blast you with a rebuttal, then I saw the /sarcasm tag

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Ha... I was ready to blast you with a rebuttal, then I saw the /sarcasm tag

Ha that's awesome. But seriously, it never ceases to amaze me when people here have no problem reporting some story about teenagers screwing up and how it needs to be dealt with, when then all of the sudden in other issues, they complain "the government is trying to get me down. The man is against me. I should have my own freedom!" etc. What's the best excuse you've got, ATS? The government isn't your parent? You can do better than that. It's the same concept. You can't make the proper decision for yourself, so the Government must do it for you.

I say government raises penalties on underage drinking.

Also if I remember correctly, someone here once made a thread trying to find it justifiable to drink and drive for the sake of their freedoms. No words can describe said thread.

[edit on 123131p://444 by For(Home)Country]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I still have a scar from when I was 13 years old and playing "who can hold the cigarette near there skin the longest". Kids are freaking idiots when left to their own devices...well, disturbed kids I should say.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Well, judging by you're screen bane, you're a troll, but I still have to wonder if you truly believe freedom is worth throwing out entirely by incrementally restricting you and you're person with invasive and prohibitive legislation. By you're logic, every domestic matter should be a problem for only the state to decide.You can say "oh, it's only doing this in response to that", but it never stops there, we know this. It is always innocuous and innocent, to help the children, but then years later our crime rate is up and prisons are packed.

Truly, in you're model of freedom everyone is a criminal suspect, children listen to the state while parents have a hands free "feed my kid send em' to school" brain washing attitude. The state, media and entertainment industry have closley outgrown parenting into a state run stupidity machine!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

I still have a scar from when I was 13 years old and playing "who can hold the cigarette near there skin the longest". Kids are freaking idiots when left to their own devices...well, disturbed kids I should say.

I have those acquired as an adult...but I have the excuse, because I am always the one who wins the contest (I have a high pain threshold, kinda like a dead lizard), so it's natural that I wish to excel..."It's so impressive when we're all DRUNK!!!"...No need to tell me I'm a low-life, I already suspect it...hee-hee-hee

[edit on 27-5-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Perhaps I have gone to far with my previous post, but I assure you I am no troll. Well, not a troll on purpose. I don't come here to start flame wars, but perhaps my views aren't as conventional as those here on ATS.

I'm not asking the state the make the decisions for parents, but as you pointed out, the media and entertainment industry are becoming increasingly relevant and influential on the lives of teenagers these days, and perhaps to a point where it surpasses the influences of the kid's own parents. This is an issue that must be dealt with. My problem is, most parents don't seem to recognize it and/or don't care. That is where many people will argue for complete freedom for teenagers to make their own decisions on what they watch, listen, do, and spend their money on. Unfortunately teenagers will do anything to be accepted, and if America wants to change out of their oppressive and consumeristic state, they will require a culture change.

Unfortunately for many freedom and small government lovers, the only entity large enough to regulated the media and entertainment industry is the government. If parents don't care what their kids can watch, the government certainly should because those are tomorrow's leaders.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Retina Created from Human Embryonic Stem Cells

www.sciencedaily.com...

That is all

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Pockets]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druidae
I remember watching Steve-o squeezing lemon juice into to his eye. They should just speed up the natural selection and snort it. Be fun to watch them drown. *shakes head* the future voters of america....

Druidae

That's it. We are living in the Jackass age. Let's see what we can do next to induce pain for other laughter. Make no sense to me. I will admit that crapping in the toilet in the hardware store was pretty funny though.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Ahh yes but the idiot class, spawn faster than they can kill themselves. So by the time they hit 40 they're probably already grandparents

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's at time like this when I think that maybe just MAYBE TPTB and the NWO have a point.

Hmmm forced sterilisation!! Could be useful!!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
you guys are the dumb ones.
pouring booze into your eye gets you so wasted!!!1111

jk, kids are dumb.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This isn't a fad. It's a handful of dumb folk making young people look ridiculous once again. I know no one who does this.

I'm surprised no one remembers the Jenkem scare -- People honestly thought it was popular for teens to leave fecal matter out in the sun for days and inhale the gases.

Reporters just take a few videos or a forum post and assume because one 16yo does it, it must be a new trend.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Doctor Squiggles]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ok... not gonna say how I know.... but doing the same type thing with Scope mouthwash and squirting it in your butt will get you D-RUNK!!!!

Like really really DRUNK!

(Plus, if you fart everyone smiles)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

This aint nothing new, this has been around for decades...

The MSM will do anything to scare you into control

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Apparently this doesn't even get you any drunker and you can even lose your eyesight. See www.eyedrd.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join