It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Republicans Call for Special Prosecutor in Sestak Case!: (the beginning to the end?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The seven Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee today called on Attorney General Eric Holder to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Joe Sestak's suggestion that he was offered a White House job in exchange for dropping his (ultimately successful) challenge to Sen. Arlen Specter in the Pennsylvania Democratic Senate primary.

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Ranking Member Darrell Issa, who has been pressing this issue for months, called for a special prosecutor in April. He alleges that the White House may have violated anti-bribery provisions of the federal criminal code as well as prohibitions on government officials interfering in elections and using federal jobs for a political purpose if it made the offer.

Sestak has stood by his claim, made in an offhand fashion in February, that he was offered the job -- though he has refused to discuss it further. The White House has largely brushed off questions about the alleged offer, ultimately stating that the conversations were "not problematic" and that "nothing inappropriate" took place. White House senior adviser David Axelrod said that White House lawyers found any interaction to have been "perfectly appropriate."

On "Washington Unplugged" Monday, Issa said that wasn't good enough. "No administration should be allowed to assume what they do and say is legal because they say it's legal," he said. "It's for Congress to decide whether or not this was inappropriate." He has suggested the situation could lead to President Obama's impeachment.

Some Democrats, including Rep. Anthony Weiner and Sen. Dick Durbin, have called for Sestak and the White House to make clear exactly what took place. In the coming days, the White House is expected to address the matter more seriously than it has in the past.

Source: www.cbsnews.com...

Wow, the hear is on now. The biggest reason this won't go away... Sestak can't back down from his claim or he will get wiped the hell out in November by Pat Toomey in PA.

There are allegations now that YET ANOTHER canidate is making the same claim and has proof that Obama made the offer. (looking for the article when done here).

Now, Obama is mesing with the big boys-the Senate. With the house having to follow in short order-especially since Nov is coming up.

Obama has burned his bridges in too many palces against his own party members and they will turn on him the first chance they get-and this is it.

In the aricle, the Justice Department is quoted as saying to Sen Issa:

Issa's request for a special prosecutor was already rebuffed, with the Department of Justice saying it "has a long history of handling investigations of high level officials professionally and independently, without the need to appoint a special counsel."

With Eric Holder at the helm-no justice will be done. He is on a short time leash also.

Time will tell. By the way, I am laughing my butt off at what Obama must be thinking when he looks over the masses of people now compared to his run for Pres. Now they no longer cheer him & hold up signs praising him but Jeer and despise him/holding up signs for him to GO-and he brought it upon himself.

By the way, I can say Palin would be doing a lot better than Obama-hands down.

Go ahead-hate me. Let the love flow.
)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think this is all a show, to make the people think that the 2 different parties actually oppose each other. Nothing will ever happen to Obama or any of his "capos". TPTB do this kind of thing from time to time but it never turns in to anything. Hey it at least does make it appear as if the two parties are different!

--airspoon

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't think so air-spoon.
The OP has it right.

They are going to soon start turning against each other.
The only way they won't, is if Blogojevich soon disappears, you know, goes away Hoffa style. May be this is why the obamanation is skipping out on the American tradition of laying the wreath on the soldier's tombstone, and heading for Chicago. Perhaps to visit another kind of grave.

Ah yes, mobster politics at it's best!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
By the way, I can say Palin would be doing a lot better than Obama-hands down.
Go ahead-hate me. Let the love flow.
)

Palin sure would have stopped this oil leak by now.
She would have had the Navy down there and this would have stopped a month ago. Here comes some love.
S&F!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Where were these Republicans when Bush was in office?! Pathetic politics

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The Dems are too good at dirty politics, nothing will come of this. I'll put money on it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Both the Dems and Repubs are two different sides of the same coin. They both support the interests of their corporate handlers. They both need each other to reign control over our country. I remember people saying this same kind of stuff with Clinton and his impeachment. I'll say this now, as I said it then, nothing will be made of this except for a huge show, a bunch of wasted tax-dollars and the American people thinking that the parties are against each other.

--airspoon

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Well, maybe not with one occurance--- but maybe with two?

FOUND IT:

Sestak-gate: White House Offered Romanoff Job Too

Wednesday, 26 May 2010 08:18 PM

Allegations that the White House offered Joe Sestak a job in exchange for dropping out of the Pennsylvania Senate race echo an earlier report of a job offer to candidate Andrew Romanoff in Colorado.

On September 27, 2009 the Denver Post reported that the Obama administration offered Senate candidate Romanoff a position if he canceled plans to run for the Democratic nomination against incumbent Sen. Michael Bennet.

The paper said the job offer, which specified particular jobs, was reportedly delivered by Jim Messina, Obama’s deputy chief of staff. One position cited by the Post was a job at USAID, the foreign aid agency.

Source: www.newsmax.com...

Link to the original Denver Post story [Posted: 09/27/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT]: www.denverpost.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Good work!

Not just one accusation, but two! I had not heard of that one, or if I did, it didn't sink in. Wow.

ETA - AND Blago? Now it seems he may not be so crazy afterall, huh?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

DUH, now I get what was being said when Violator1 noted that in his post about Blanko-double duh.

I forgot about that one too.

Man ATS is a wealth of knowledge!

Before I forget, I also found this interview of Sestak in March 2010 on the Morning Joe show-Enjoy:

www.eyeblast.tv...

[edit on 5/26/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well that clinches it about as tight as a gnats rump on a fence post, doesn't it?

He clearly said "the President" did he not? To which Sestak replies, "Yes."

Not just anyone could have offered him the secretary of the Navy job.

Once again, you are doing better work on this than the investigative journalists are!

Now, I am considering the real reason behind Obama's trip to Chicago. Want to bet the person that gets thrown under the bus for this in the end - ends up being a Cicago thug?

If only I were a betting person

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
Once again, you are doing better work on this than the investigative journalists are!

This is why the obamanation wants sites like this closed down.
The sheeple read this and other threads, and soon begin to loose the wool over their eyes.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I was thinking that exact same thing.

He should fire his Czar for not moving fast enough.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I've lived under Republican presidents: Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr, Bush Jr. I don't like living under a Republican president, they are beholden to Big Business no matter what they say.

I've lived under Democratic presidents: Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton, Obama. I don't like living under a Democratic president, they are beholden to their corporate sponsors no matter what they say. BP was a big donor to Obama's campaign.

Neither represents the people. Both parties have become repugnant to me. I vote Libertarian because we need our civil liberties restored (i.e., repeal the Patriot Act), and powers restored to the States. Small federal government, lower taxes and personal liberty are espoused only by the Libertarians. I fear we will always be a minority party because sheeple are mesmerized by the soap opera going on between Democrats and Republicans.

No, I didn't vote for any of the presidents I listed; I'm tired of all of them! Let's get rid of all the Democrats and Republicans so the American people's voices can be heard in Washington. Let's replace them with independents, green party, libertarians, etc.

There I go, rambling like a lunatic again

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalGnostic

I agree, but then, we have loonies like Rand Paul is turning out to be. Quite a shocker there, I don't think people knew what they were getting when they elected him. There is already talk of getting rid of him.

I can only hope that by getting some new blood in the government/Whitehouse, that we can break the grip of "politics as usual".

I cannot help but think that is what people thought they were getting with Obama. Some just saw the light before some others did. Or have yet to.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is hysterical and second hand information from private and casual conversations that took place months ago.

If you see the interview he says the position was offered but no where does he say he was asked to quit the race. He presumed that would be the case. In fact everything that supposedly took place was presumed.

So Joe Scarborough and the Republican hornets he inspired and sent abuzz, are the only folks who ever wanted to make a federal case out of this.

I see the man and his show are getting more like Nancy Grace (beating a dead horse to death all over again) everyday!

This will go no where because the practice is common and Democrats are holding so much dirt on Republicans if they start whining about this Dems will unleash a Pandora's box of allegations so dirty and ugly we will need the ghost busters to drive the demons back into hell.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Didn't he offer Hillary the Secretary of State position to get her out of the Race in 2012? And what about that other fellow sent off to be an ambassador somewhere...for the sake of God and Country, arrest the man!

Joe Scarborough figures if the birthers could make hay out of their little lie, he can create controversy and generate enough ill will with his misreading Sestaks comments to him in an interview.
The bloated and sometimes drunk (though never as drunk as Mika) Scarborough is only trying to applaud himself for uncovering what amounts to nothing and create an excuse to promote the Republican candidate in the Sestak race who he had on this morning.

Oh "and what would you do different than Joe Sestak?" he asks this waxy GOP clone in this mornings free political advertisement for the Conservative GOP party.

The show is better when the frequently jogging suit clad Joe is absent.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Troll anyone?
Good work, if you can get it...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

The Joe in the mornng show is just one of his interviews. There are a slew of them whre Sespak stated what happend. Since you really aren't interested-no matter how many of them there are-I won't bother.

Yep-just forget about it-move along. lol

What exactly would it take for you to have a bad impresion of Obama? Seriously? Give me an exapmple of something he could do (or has already done) that would make you say TIme to Go!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
You want Obama impeached because someone offered someone a job?

But then you didn't want George W Bush impeached for throwing this country to the dogs, lying about a profiteering war, undermining the US Constitution and abrogating the rights of Americans? God help us all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join