It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoppers left terrified after flashmob 'drop dead' to simulate nuclear radioactivity disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't know how effective this stunt actually turned out to be, some strange looks and confused expressions on the faces of passers by. Unless your informed of what’s going on, or that its even a demonstration in the first place, otherwise it may as well be a television advert for all you know.

Green campaigners terrified shoppers with a flash mob stunt where hundreds of supporters pretended to drop dead to simulate a nuclear radioactivity disaster. The demonstrators - spread out all over Zurich in Switzerland - all collapsed at exactly 12.15pm yesterday as office workers were rushing through the city on lunch breaks.

It would have had to have been a situation in which they were exposed to over 1,000 rems of radiation in an instance resulting in immediate death. Anything between 600 - 1000 causes weakness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and then 10 days of horrific agony leading up to your death which would make for a somewhat different demonstration indeed!

www.mirror.co.uk... the-video-here-115875-22286734/

[edit on 21/05/2010 by bonsaisert]

[edit on 21/05/2010 by bonsaisert]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What in the hell is the point? We all know if this were reality, we'd all be dead, so whats the point? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to scare the crap out of passers by that havn't a clue what is going on. No offence to you, OP, just the exercise itself is a bit on the needlessly strange side.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

I agree entirely, I'm sure there are allot of other; more pressing issues on the proverbial demonstration list that should be ticked off before we get to "What if there's a nuclear radioactivity disaster?" This is more in the realms of a television advert or some you've been framed stunt.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

This is idiotic. If there were a nuclear attack then well everyone would be more concerned about the fireball, the heat, the loss of power and communication rather than the radiation. If it was a "lasting effect" message then they wouldn't all die at the same time.

This would, though, be an effective message on biological or chemical based weapons.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Silly is what it is. If it were conspiracy theorists demonstrating the effects of what HAARP could possibly do, now that would have been cool

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Its a Nuke! Duck and Cover!

Idiots.

Duck and cover will do no good. The stunt was a bad Idea and could have resulted in mass panic.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

demonstration

I'm quite pleased with the result. Look at those who saw it happen: Quiet observation. Concern for the fallen. Mild apprehension.

No running in circles screaming, no panicking, no heart attacks, no falling to the ground crying...

I think we did well.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Awesome, wish I'd been there to see that, would've been cool!!!! I love theatrics. It's just too bad nobody told them that what actually happens in a flash you're turned into a pile of ash, no dropping just burning quick from the inside out!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Its completely counterproductive, IMO. All it does is draw attention to the theatrics of the participants, rather than the issue, and makes their argument appear extreme and irrational.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I can imagine the one ATS member immediately looking around and saying with a smirk; "Bold Move NWO"

top topics

join