It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Please Tell Me If I'm Being Abducted...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
ok so I have been having this dream for over to years now. I'm running down a long hallway with rooms on every side somethings chasing me, but I dont know what it is, but all I know is that it's not human. This dream happens every night I can remember some night's I don't remember my dream at all, but when I do it's always this same dream something chasing me and then catches me, and I always wake up at the very same time in the night 3:33 That's what scares me the most and then most times after I awake I fell very sick and I have to vomit. It scares me so much I thought about seeing a therapist because after I awake I can not sleep and waking up at the exact same time every night freaked me out. My boyfreind brought home a rented movie called The Fourth Kind us thinking it was scary watched it we both could not believe all this stuff I told him that was happening to me was the same as what we had seen in this movie. I don't want to think this could be true but it was so much in common. Can you guys please help me give me your advice it would really help a lot...

Removed 'All Caps' from title

[edit on 14/6/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
First off I would not go off of the movie " fourth kind" ..... because it is just that, a movie. created by writers and a director, none of it is real.

I don't think bad dreams alone could be an indicator of abductions, ... however it could be something more sinister, like a demon or some type of entity harassing you, waking you up at the same time every night, making you sick.

You must not let your fear run rampant, remember, .... we create what we believe to be true. and your fear could very well manifest itself in many ways in your reality.

Meaning, .... the very fear of the experience, ...... creates the experience itself, and the more you think about it the more it becomes grounded in reality.

I would suggest seeing a therapist to set yourself at ease and deal with your fears.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by domenquebaker

Don't worry , your not being Abducted.

Your suffering from " New Memberitis "

Every new member "thinks they have a original idea" about making an

abduction thread. It usually happens in unison with "cry-for-attentionitis "

Don't worry though , it'll pass.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I would consider the below..

Organization for Paranormal Understanding and Support

The sometimes disturbing nature of anomalous experiences might lead an individual to seek professional help but because these experiences often fall outside the realm of what is considered "normal", there is often a lack of professionals willing to work with these issues. OPUS has recognized the need for a clearinghouse where an experiencer can receive assistance in choosing a professional who is knowledgeable about a particular experience in question. When appropriate, OPUS refers experiencers to physicians, licensed mental health practitioners, consultants, investigators, and alternative help. OPUS also refers to support groups where experiencers can share feelings and concerns, without fear of ridicule or embarrassment, while learning to accept and cope with what has happened and move towards a healthy way of dealing with it. OPUS has created and “on-line support group” which is totally secure and can be accessed by the members 24 / 7

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Look Dude ^^^^^ is that anyway to welcome a new member? Maybe she truely believe she might be experincing something like this... Dont mind that guy he can be a tad bit sharp... Honey, I think if you were being abducted you would remember more then just being chased by something. Ive had plenty of dreams like this, exspecially when Im trying to run as fast as I can but Im not moving fast enough because my legs feel really heavy, normally those kinds of dreams means there is an important issue in your life that is in turmoil, weather its relationship wise with a family member or friend, or your job, or you just not knowing what direction to take in your life.. either way there is a problem that your running from. Mabe you should see a therapist..it doest mean your crazy either, its like having a really smart friend to talk to and vent about ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING with !
I hope that helps

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hey there Domenquebaker.

First let me ease your mind about the movie you mentioned. Although anything is certainly possible, you should know that The Fourth Kind is a purely fabricated movie that has no basis in truth. The producers had it advertised as a true story but it was purely a marketing ploy designed to sell tickets. Here is a link to one of many sites covering how that movie came about.

io9.com...

As for your current situation, you first need to find a means to get some sleep, through therapy, naps, or whatever helps you get there, don't continue to lose sleep, its not healthy overall and can lead to many physical and mental imbalances further decreasing your chances at understanding what's happening to you.

There are a variety of interpretations for you to choose from in regard to your dream, depending on what you choose to believe. I myself have never been abducted, so I can only compare your experience to the countless cases many ATS members have read and talked about. What I do have extensive experience in is OBE s (Out of body experiences) and the hypnagogic state.

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

It sounds to me like you are having some kind of intense and disturbing lucid dream. That is not to say that perhaps you aren't being abducted on some other dimensional level, or that your mind is interpreting the experience in a way that you can comprehend, as I said, anything is possible. I do personally think what you are describing is not an abduction of any kind, but some type of temporary nightmare related experience. As for the time you wake up, you can look at that as either a delusion related to the dream (don't be offended, its only a theory), or the timing of your experiences could somehow be related to your diet. That is to say that your body has grown accustomed to waking up due to some type of chemical reaction, or habitually acquired sleep habit.

If you're religious or spiritual, or even a moderate believer in dimensional entities you could very well be having an experience with some type of intelligence (including alien). I suppose in the end its a matter of how wide the range of possibilities are for you in relation to what you believe.

As far as your question, it just doesn't sound like an abduction to me, but in the end, no matter what anyone here on ATS can share with you, there is only one person in the world who can determine what it is you're experiencing, and that is you.

I very much hope that you find what you're looking for however, and that you please take care of yourself no matter what it is and keep us updated.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It's a pretty common dream/nightmare, I think.

That's not to say I know whether or not you are being abducted, just that... what are you going to do about it if you are?

The only pro-active plan I could see is some type of therapy, as was suggested above.

Edit: what he (Hrimthursum) said!
star for that, said better and sooner than mine.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If you think your getting abducted then use a video camera with night shot and film yourself during the night, if you don't have one then someone you know probably does. You already know what time to look at, anytime before 3:33 the morning of your dreams. Watch it and you'll know.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
No, it's not an abduction. This is a straightforward example of a repetitive dream. You need to stop it. Here's how you do it:

1. When you see it next time, remember to stop running and then tell yourself "This is my dream". You may notice an increase in vividness because you are entering a lucid dream.
This step is not as difficult as it seems at first.

2. Turn around and look at the creature that is chasing you. Stay calm, there is no need to worry because it can't do you any harm at all! If the creature will seem aggressive just laugh in his face, this will get him confused and you will see how funny and helpless he really is.
Tell him to get the hell out of your dream, and he will become absolutely lifeless.

3. Now you need to escape this place. Try moving by floating in the air, it's really easy.
You will find exit where you imagine it to be, because that's how lucid dreams work. You can literally control everything (even this creature
)

Once escaped you won't see this dream anymore.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yes, .... yesssssssss

You should turn around and confront this creature. You might be pleasantly surprised when he finally tells you .... " Finally !!! I've been trying to catch you everynight, you left your dream purse at the dream bus stop and I've been trying to get it back to you ever since" !!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Well here's one possible explanation:

" Chase dreams are one of several common dream themes, stemming from feelings of anxiety in your waking life. Flee and flight is an instinctive response to a physical threat in the environment. In these dreams, the scenario features you being pursued by an attacker, an animal, a monster or an unknown figure, who wants to hurt or possibly kill you. Consequently, you run, you hide or you try to outwit your pursuer. Your actions in the dream parallel how you would respond to pressure and cope with fears, stress or various situations in your waking life. Instead of confronting the situation, your dream indicates that you have a tendency to run away and avoid the issue. Ask yourself who is chasing you, so that you can gain an understanding and insight of the source of your fears and anxieties.

The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent an aspect of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can manifest itself as the threatening figure. Or the shadowy figure can also symbolize rejected characteristics of your self. You may be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser. Next time you a dream of being chased, turn around and confront your pursuer. Ask them why they are chasing you. Perhaps you are running away from something. What are you trying to run from?

If you are the one doing the chasing, then the dream may highlight your drive and ambition to go after something you want. Or perhaps the dream suggests that you are falling behind and having to catch up with everyone else.

Consider the distance or gap between you and your pursuer. This indicates your closeness to the issue. If the pursuer is gaining on you, then it suggests that the problem is not going to go away. The problem will surround you until you confront and address it. However, if you are able to widen the gap between your pursuer, then you are able to successful distance yourself from the problem. In essence, the problem is fading away.

A more direct analysis of chase dreams is the fear of being attacked. Such dreams are more common among women than men, who may feel physically vulnerable in the urban environment. These dreams are often brought about by the media, who magnifies fears of violence and sexual assault. "

Source: dreammoods.com...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Try going to www.abduct.com

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It is a valid question but one that only you can really answer. Try using a couple of the links provided in this thread to do your own research into the possibility.

I would appreciate the fact that Johnny gave you the link above and try it first.

In the meantime, relax and just enjoy your life and the amazing complexities we each experience on an individual basis. It does make for an interesting life right?

Remember you can be your own champion of this situation if you don't go off the deep end about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I cannot say for certain if you are being abducted or not, but here is something you can try. Every night before sleep, look at your right (or left) hand and say, out loud, "I will look at my right hand while dreaming." After doing this for awhile, during a dream, or abduction, as the case may be, you will occasion to look at your hand. when you see the hand, you will wake up and be able to control the dream. It sounds to me like you have been astral travelling to another dimension.

new topics

top topics

join