It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
www.wnd.com...

If a Democratic member of Congress is to be believed, there's someone in the Obama administration who has committed a crime – and if the president knew about it, analysts say it could be grounds for impeachment. "This scandal could be enormous," said Dick Morris, a former White House adviser to President Bill Clinton, on the Fox News Sean Hannity show last night. "It's Valerie Plame only 10 times bigger, because it's illegal and Joe Sestak is either lying or the White House committed a crime. "Obviously, the offer of a significant job in the White House could not be made unless it was by Rahm Emanuel or cleared with Rahm Emanuel," he said. If the job offer was high enough that it also had Obama's apppoval, "that is a high crime and misdemeanor." "In other words, an impeachable offense?" Hannity asked.

"Absolutely," said Morris. The controversy revolves around an oft-repeated statement by Rep. Sestak, D-Pa., that he had been offered a job by the Obama administration in exchange for dropping out of the senatorial primary against Obama supporter Sen. Arlen Specter.

With the possibility of the republicans gaining many seats in the house and senate soon , I think this could be something that may even reach hearings . Eventually.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
WND quoting Dick Morris predicting the downfall of the Obama administration.. priceless.

If it came to hearings, it would be an egregious waste of time.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I was wondering when this was going to get posted. Been covered by some news agencies that are no longer drinking the koolaid.

I also wondered how long it would take someone to slam the poster for posting it. I should have bet a lot of money on it, but that wouldn't have been the polite thing to do.

For those who attack the messenger, it doesn't matter, because the message is loud and clear. If he was offered Secretary of the Navy to leave the race, the messiah would have had to approve it.

The GOP is now demanding Holder assign an outside prossecutor, because if Holder knew, he was an accomplice, too. Besides, anyone think he could be indifferent?

*crickets*

Didn't think so.

Will be yet another interesting story to watch, and with the Gulf oil issue, people are looking for a head to put on a platter.

Now, if I were a betting type, I would bet that very soon, Sestak will come out at around midnight on a Sunday night and announce that he
"mis-spoke".

But, I am not a betting person...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
If it came to hearings, it would be an egregious waste of time.

lmao

I guess nobody ever heard
of Scooter Libby huh ????

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I am interested to know more about this. It has only received some attention. My first question is whether there really is a crime or is this just political sleaze, if true. So much that goes on in politics sure seems criminal, but not everything is expressly illegal. I would like to see a thorough legal analysis of this.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sibilance
I am interested to know more about this. It has only received some attention. My first question is whether there really is a crime or is this just political sleaze, if true. So much that goes on in politics sure seems criminal, but not everything is expressly illegal. I would like to see a thorough legal analysis of this.

Politics;
It is a science of law-making. It is a practice of law-breaking.
For, if one really knows the law, he also knows the loop-hole.
It's only illegal if one gets caught. That's the mentality of politicians.
Just a matter of my own opinion, ofcourse.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Who's the democrat who is saying it's the case, MASA. If it's him I wouldn't bother. But if this is true then it should be looked at, but I think they are trying to find anything anything to form have a situation to run on other than Tea baggers and no to this and no to that.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sibilance

If Obama knew about it and gave persmission, it is a felony.

If it really happened.

Of course, either Sestak is lying, or it really happened.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Here are a few more very resent news stories concerning this.

www.csmonitor.com...

www.latimes.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
nevermind, I don't know why I bother. WND, nuff said.

[edit on Thu May 27th, 2010 by damwel]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Yeah, we do not know why you bother either. I do not suppose you bothered to look at the post above you. Here are the links again in case you missed them.

www.csmonitor.com...

www.latimes.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Is that really a crime? Honest question, because if someone said they were offered a job for dropping out of a political race to take an offered job, and it was only a primary, I'd assume that was ok.

I don't think it's earth shattering news that would ever lead to impeachment.. just a bruise on their perfect portrait.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If, the president knew about it, then yes it would be ground for them to remove the president from office, the reason why is because the President attempted to influence the outcome of the political process. But what I am getting, is that those who were initially calling for impeachment in DC are quickly backtracking and saying, well it could be an admonishment. Personally I think, that if it is true, then the President did violate the law and should be removed from office. Course it would mean that Biden/Pelosi would take over as President and vice president.
Something tells me that one of the presidents cabinet will fall on the sword to protect the president and it will just be an admonishment for that. And then the public will outcry cause it shows that the laws are not being upheld by the federal government.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Ya I get that but it was a Primary, technically speaking, that's not the official US Political process, it's a political party process, no?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ongoing Discussion

Thread closed

new topics

top topics

join