It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cherry Springs Star Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just a quick FYI for anyone in the PA, NY, NJ or anyone willing to travel to central Pennsylvania the days of June 10th to June 13th.

Myself, and several amateur Astronomers intend to put the Nibiru story to rest at the 2010 Cherry Springs Star Party. From the nights of June 10th to June 12th, we will be camped out at Cherry Springs State Park armed with the following:

- 20" Obsession (F/5) Telescope
- Celestron NexStar 114 SLT Telescope
- Celestron NexImage Solar System Recording Hardware / Software
- Camera capture
- Computer guidance system, GPS for Celestron scope
- IR Camera
- Three laptops (1 Dell, 1 Linux System, 1 Macbook) for recording, documenting, and scanning the sky

Anyone who wishes to join us is more than welcome. I suggest registering now with the Astronomical Society of Harrisburg as soon as possible. There is going to be onsite food and drinks all day and all night, there are campgrounds, electric hook-ups, and all that good stuff. I will be posting our findings (or what I'm pretty sure we WON'T find) afterwards with video/pictures and solar system captures.

Cherry Springs State Park is one of the LAST places that truly has a dark sky. It is so dark, the dark rift casts a shadow on the land, and you can see it perfectly. It's absolutely breathtaking and a once in a lifetime chance to actually SEE what space looks like in it's true form; before sprawling mega-cities, and American shopping malls. People wonder why the Mayans were so advanced with Astronomy, maybe it was because they could actually SEE the damn stars. We walk outside now-a-days, and maybe see the big dipper if we're lucky.

In any case, most of you know I'm a friendly approachable guy, so if you're really interested U2U me and we can make plans to meet up on the campgrounds.

Oh, and we will be bringing booze. Lots of it.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by DocEmrick]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Didnt ya hear, nibru has a magical cloaking system and it can fly around, it hides behind the sun most of the time and pops out every now and then to reveal itslef to a sitchen fan who doesnt have an understanding of astronomy.

Ya cant prove a negative so I dont think you'll get much out of the nibru supporters. But enjoy your trip all the same, the part about the galatic rift shadow is great. Fortunatly the majority of this country is free from light pollution, exept I rarely get the chance to get out far enough.

join