It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness: BP took shortcuts before well blowout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Witness: BP took

www.9wsyr.com

"I overheard upper management talking saying that BP was taking shortcuts by displacing the well with saltwater instead of mud without sealing the well with cement plugs, this is why it blew out," Crawford said in his statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-5-2010 by JohnnyElohim]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I suspect many ATS members anticipated corporate impropriety. Here are the first indications and I imagine it will only get worse from here. A little cost-trimming here and there at the cost of 11 human lives and who knows what else to come. I suppose this is what happens when you have an entity legally granted the rights of a citizen with none of the responsibilities, charged only with the task of creating more profit for shareholders.

www.9wsyr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Good grief...I figured that criminal negligence would be the basis of a criminal case at the very least, but this suggests collusion, conspiracy, who knows what all. And we're just talking about the US....once the oil starts ruining the waters of other countries, I assume they can then sue BP as well?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm going to post a link to my thread HERE that contains an ORIGINAL DOCUMENT from back in February, from the Mineral Management Service and signed by members of Congress - that warns BP of certain catastrophe on the Atlantis platform (that's right - the very one that blew up) if they continue to dodge compliance to regulations.

The letter even mentions examples of an oil spill in Timor, the clean-up operation involved and the 'less than acceptable standards' on the Atlantis platform.

There's no other way to put it - BP are criminals - murderous eco-terrorists. The proof is there if you dare to read it. If not, go back to the American Idol final and hope that Crystal beats Lee..

[edit on 26-5-2010 by RiotComing]

top topics

join