It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda to keep off shore drilling around America away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here's a theory..as everyone seems to be shocked at the amount of oil and devastation it is causing ..maybe we are missing the bigger picture.

What if all this is an elaborate plot to make sure off shore drilling doesn't happen around America for 50 more yrs or so.

This disaster could have been planned to scare the public. I don't see how CNN showed that screenshot accidentally which got evryone excited.

My personal opinion is powers to be found a scapegoat company to take the fall and BP being BP are just trying to salvage a profit out of the situation.

I don't know why the Americna government are not acting quickly to this situation as all other oil spills in the past have been cleaned as quick possible.

Let me know what you think about the idea of the "power of fear thru propagandist disasters" ...

either way it you believe this or not the situation looks dire or maybe there's something were missing..

[edit on 26-5-2010 by StealthKix]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think you're on to something here.

It's hard to believe the stupidity and inaction... unless there is a reason.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Also a company like BP seemed perfect for this, considering their history and the number of "criminal" cases against them in the last few years.

BP Safety Record

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It is time that we developed an alternative source of energy.
There are several "out there".
They have been suppressed for a 100 years.

If this is propaganda to stop the drilling, then maybe it will have a good outcome.
If this is propaganda, that means that it was done deliberately.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

True, but if 'they' have their way, and they always do, this new source will go the way of the 150mpg carburetor and Stanley Meyer.

This, if being done purposely, is to keep oil prices artificially inflated and to keep oil at the highest priority, and integral to our 'defense' strategies.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Only if this is the catalyst for change that makes all oil production illegal globally and brings us into a new world of clean alternative energy will I bless the day this disaster happened. But.. it has to be total. There must not be not one oil rig operational left anywhere on the planet.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is in the "newest threads" section now:
Alaskan Pipeline Shut Down After Oil Spill

Prices are going up!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
For sure if they wanted to solve the problem they could. If this "event" wasn't serving a purpose, it would be fixed immediately. It may be an event for any number of reasons, not just one. Often events service multiple purposes. They can be using it as leverage against congress. Not only do they not plug the hole but it could mean they could create more of the same problem if congress should consider not cooperating. Maybe they're also cultivating fear in more offshore as you suggest. One way or another it's leverage.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Basing the entire survival of our modern civilization and what fuels it on a conspiracy about suppressed technology isn't very wise. Whether people like it or not oil will still be around for a long time, our best bet right now is to focus on building more nuclear power plants though imo. We should slowly add renewable energy options to make up a percentage of our power, but people need to be realistic and understand that nuclear should be our goal and that oil will probably still make up the largest percentage in 50 years time no doubt.

top topics

join