It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a suggestion to those who make deception & conspiracy videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
please stop using background music that has a bunch of opera singers and orchestras.. the information alone that you usually share is quite interesting and the song choices are always these battle war end boss kinda songs which are really distracting and overpower to the message that is usually being sent.

whenever i do feel like i've come across some good information i feel needs to be shared to friends who are less aware and awakened, my friends are usually distracted and laugh at the corny music.. so please i beg you, let the information have an impact on its own.

i'm not saying dont use music, maybe choose something which is more background for your background music..

[edit on 26-5-2010 by hautmess]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I agree completely!

as well I would really appreciate it if they LOWERED the volume of the music so you can actually HEAR the quotes and or vocal track.

Another tip, if you use text quotes in your videos please do a voice-over for those of us who may not necessarily "watch" the video but listen to it in the background or off to the side while they work

Most of the documentaries being made recently do a good job of all of that, but just in case I thought I would chime in too

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

I couldn't agree more. I have closed so many youtube videos after 10 seconds because the music drove me nuts I couldn't stand it. Which is a shame as it may have interesting info in it

S&F

[edit on 26-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeah please stop using Moby's songs too.

I hear that i will turn the video off.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Nice post!
I absolutely agree with the OP. I saw lots of decent videos ruined with these horrible imitations of Carmina Burana.
In my opinion conspiracy videos need less emotional and more mental background music.
When you hear anxious choir with epic symphonic clusters you focus mainly on your chest chakra. This fills you with strong love/hate/fear vibration while substantially suppressing critical mental process.
I think a good choice will be for example some calm and sophisticated piano theme (mental music) or something like this. Especially if author is not a fearmonger and actually want people to listen and understand his message.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You are so right OP. I used to use highly emotional orchestra music. Now I use more subtle soundtrack music at a much lower volume. I recommend using Clint Mansell's music. He is obviously known for Requiem for a Dream but has some great music in the movie Moon, The Fountain, and others. He has another great song called Dead Reckoning and so many more. I have used them for awhile and have never had copyright issues.

I would advise against using Hans Zimmer's music. I used his theme from The Dark Knight and it got called out twice.

I have also used Thomas Newman's music from "The Road to Perdition". The video wasn't deleted because it was getting enough views so they placed an add for the song in the video.

You are usually straight on songs if you are under fair use, but stay away from Hans Zimmer!!!

-_Adam

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i only say this because i really want to share them with friends who dont know much and its just too distracting.

new topics

top topics

join