It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair to earn millions as climate change adviser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Tony Blair to earn millions as climate change adviser

www.thisislondon.co.uk

Tony Blair is set to earn millions of pounds advising an American businessman on how to make money from tackling climate change.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The former prime minister will be paid at least £700,000 a year to act as a “strategic adviser” to Khosla Ventures, a venture capitalist firm founded by Indian billionaire Vinod Khosla.

The Californian company bankrolls businesses hoping to profit from technology that helps reduce global warming and carbon emissions.

Mr Blair secured the job thanks to his “influence” and high level international contacts, whom he will be expected to lean on to open doors.

He has told friends he needs £5 million a year to fund his lifestyle.

Mr. Tony Blair has hit the big time. Known for his extravagent living arrangements. Such is the life of a Modern Day Public Servant.

Mr. Blair went on to say that Climate Change should not be about politics but rather the necessity to bring about change for the continuing prosperity of all human kind. The only one gaining prosperity from those listed figures above is going to him and his cohorts bent on making money of a noble idea.

Science behind climate change is not perfect. Climate Gate opened the world's eyes to the type of corruption world's governments & elites are involved in. The support for Climate Change regulations are at a historic low after Climate Gate & the recently uncovered corruption/manipulation of climate data at the UN & NOAA.

The California company that is bankrolling Tony would not disclose the full details about Mr. Blair's contract, but one thing is for sure....Mr. Blair and this company are poised to rake in a lot of dough if & when a Climate Change Bill such as Cap & Tax is introduced in the US alone.

www.thisislondon.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

He is an absolute #. I saw him in person give evidence at the Iraq war inquiry. He acted like he was still PM trying to whip up a frenzy about Iran.

He also works for JP Morgan and is a consultant for Korean energy company UI who are working in on Iraqi oil fields.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

W-A-R P-R-O-F-I-T-E-E-R.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How come this piece of filth ain't in jail yet or on death row for his war crimes?

ARREST THE SCUMBAG RIGHT NOW.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
He's a war criminal

I remember a while back when he was in the running for president of the EU, boy did I shudder when I heard that.

I think he'll be charged with war crimes but not till he's either on his death bed or in his tomb.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
From rebel university Trotski, to capitalist trough feeder all in one fluid motion.

They all sell out in the end.

Five million quid a year and he still can't afford to get his teeth fixed, it looks like an abandoned graveyard in there.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ah, the benefits of having friends in high places. I have NEVER liked the man, and it doesn't surprise me that he'll be profiting off of something that should be attainable for all, but won't be because him and people like him need profit margins to sing louder than Shirley Bassey.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think all of these " consultant" jobs politicians get after their terms are modern day bribery.

They do their part to help these company's or " businessmen" and then are rewarded with a plastic job title and the money that comes with it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The fact that he says he needs 5 Million Pounds a year to finance his lifestyle should set the warning bells off that he's only doing this for money (not the so called cause of global warning!). 5 Million Pounds - that's enough for the average man to retire off (+-$7/8 Million CAD$)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Thanks for the post, alarm noted. You never really have to wonder where former powers pop up, do we?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

So true. You can almost predict where you'll see an ex-leader a few years after his post has been resigned. I think most of the public would be pretty shocked if they knew the amount of back patting that goes on in big business with regards to the government.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
He's just pure scum, the ultimate symbol of everything that is wrong with our political system.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
He is definitely a scum, though most of the world forgets him when Iraq wars come to mind.

This is just a drop in the bucket for him, plus the only reason people try to get into politics is for the connections they can use to live the rest of their life off of.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm just sorry for the environmentalist movement.

Yes, I know I need two lines but one line said it all for me.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

W-A-R P-R-O-F-I-T-E-E-R.

I agree, but I think it is really just P-R-O-F-I-T-E-E-R.

I think these politicians will do more for a dollar than your average crack addicted hooker.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
But people say the government can't lie to us!!??

So now they know global warming is a hoax. So the new name is climate change? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
From rebel university Trotski, to capitalist trough feeder all in one fluid motion.
They all sell out in the end.

Even in Phoenix you know Bliar well and summarise him perfectly!

Five million quid a year and he still can't afford to get his teeth fixed, it looks like an abandoned graveyard in there.

Most Brits still haven't been brainwashed into thinking that it is important to have stupidly white, over perfect plastic looking teeth like our American cousins. Fortunately.

[edit on 27/5/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Tony blair is a dunce, when taking about this.

He should not be getting any jobs apart from waiting tables.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightFantastic

Most Brits still haven't been brainwashed into thinking that it is important to have stupidly white, over perfect plastic looking teeth like our American cousins. Fortunately.

[edit on 27/5/2010 by LightFantastic]

I don't know if Americans are brainwashed about having white teeth. Many foreigners other than Brits have shiny pearly white teeth.

Made me think of this spoof from meyers awhile ago.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Between Tony in his new job and Mandelson if he gets his new job as head of BP,there will be no hope for the environment of our planet.

But at least we will soon get to pay even more for our fuel,and will be taxed to the point of poverty by these dark souless beings.

I am not one for the whole "reptilian" conspiracy,but if ever there were two candidates for reptoids,Tony and Mandelson would be top of the list IMO.

Can't we just send them off to Mars to sort out their environment,please?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join