It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Kill not working? Check out this feed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hi all,

If you look on CNN's live feed, you can see the mud coming through the leak, but it doesn't seem to be slowing down. What do you think?

live.cnn.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing.

I don't know why they just don't slap a huge giant steel plate on top of the entire thing, like a giant manhole cover to stop the leak. This is ridiculous!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The BP CEO did say that we shouldn't try to make any conclusions based on what we see in the first 24 hours.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
They are now showing the leak on BP.. same thing.. it doesn't seem to be slowing down.. maybe it takes a long time?

www.bp.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
The BP CEO did say that we shouldn't try to make any conclusions based on what we see in the first 24 hours.

Didn't see your post.. you answered my question.. we'll wait and see.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yes I heard up to 2 days. We might know if it is starting to work with in a couple of hours.

It looks more cloudy to me instead of the black????? Maybe it is working.

Yes I am holding my breath praying that this works.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
But to be honest I don't think this will work...Just look at how that oil is gushing out of there at tremendous pressures.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It fails, this is old news.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

Old News? Oh wait, let me guess... Your some kind of time traveler?

I think you fail.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
I was thinking the same thing.

I don't know why they just don't slap a huge giant steel plate on top of the entire thing, like a giant manhole cover to stop the leak. This is ridiculous!

Okay honestly.. you FAIL.

Get yourself a pressure washer, turn it on and then try and stop the flow with your genius steel plate...

Not to mention the pressure of the water alone at that depth.

This is no easy feat to stop that from flowing, we have NEVER done something this bad to our planet in our entire recorded history.

and with a situation like this you have to be very careful because you don't want to make it worse.

This isn't something you just throw money at to fix either, we simply don't have the "know-how" to stop a flow of this magnitude at those depths and pressures.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So Mr time traveler, do we ever stop this mess? does the BP CEO get anything that is coming to him? do we recover? old news or not we should wait and see before claiming it isn't working.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

Old news? That is a ridiculous post.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Pure Energy - I just posted this on another thread and would like to know if it's valid - calculations correct?

Any idea how much oil preasure is being vented from the three leaks or more specifically the BOP.

Somebody said here or another thread that sea water is now entering the oil dome. If that's case then the water preasure is displacing the oil at an alarming rate.

If my calculation is correct sea water has a weight of 64 pcf which equals to 0.44 psi.
At 5000 feet the total preasure being exerted thru the vents (inside the oil dome) is somewhere around 2,200 psi.

So question is will the top kill criteria have enough weight to counter the preasure? Add to that the other factors such as viscocity of the mud / cement, size of the "stuff" that they are pumping inside the riser chamber. Will it be enough to clog the pipe?

My concern is the upward (oil) preasure on the BOP might be too strong to stop the leak. If they succesfully clog it - will the preasure transfer to the other leaks or will it create more leaks (compromized areas).

In any case I hope they stop this soon. Time is of the essence.

thanks,
edmc^2

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
***THREAD NOTICE***

Please remember civility is mandatory. Clean slate starting now but posts after this notice will be removed if they lack courtesy.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

If the well is producing more reservoir water that means less oil. But the expanding gas is the major problem. If they manage to seal of the Top.
Gas will migrate with the the pressure it has from the reservoir and end up below the seal of mud. The question is will mud hold that pressure. Or will it push through and open up the well again?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Just had a look at that link again, and it seems there are 4 holes where 'stuff' is coming out, 1 on the left, 2 in center, and 1 on right. Man, that stuff is gushing out.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

I saw on a western, "The Outlaw Josey Wales", Josey Wales played by Clint Eastwood tells the old lady before an Indian attack to keep a hot poker ready and to slap it to any bullet wound to cauterize it. This is all we need to do to seal off the leak. Just cauterize it!

A low yield nuke, low radiation output, would burn the wellhead and surrounding sea bed. The leak would be stopped. They have low radiation nukes. Sure radiation is poison, but oil in such amounts is poison, too.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Morpheus what the heck were we watching last night if it wasn't the start of the top kill?

Even the BP site called top kill with ROV.
Confusing, since they said it started today at 2 pm eastern.
Not as confusing as the "old news" comment though.

Either way it doesn't look like the flow has slowed at all yet...

[edit on 26/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
In CNN's first reports they said they should now within a few hours then those hours went by then they said they should know within 24 hours now their saying 2 days. my guess is they already know this won't work and are just buying some time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join