It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Carville To Obama On Oil Spill: 'Get Down Here And Take Control... We're About To Die'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of James Carville but in this video he is pretty much saying what everyone is thinking about this oil spill and Obama's actions or lack thereof.

Democratic strategist and New Orleans resident James Carville is not relenting from his frenzied plea for President Obama to take a more direct and active role in addressing the Gulf oil blowout.

"The President of the United States could've come down here, he could've been involved with the families of these 11 people" who died on the rig after an explosion, Carville said on ABC's Good Morning America.

"He could be commandeering tankers and making BP bring tankers in and clean this up. They could be deploying people to the coast right now. He could be with the Corps of Engineers and the Coast Guard...doing something about these regulations.

These people are crying, they're begging for something down here, and it just looks like he's not involved in this." His voice rising, Carville cried out, "Man, you got to get down here and take control of this! Put somebody in charge of this thing and get this moving! We're about to die down here!"

Later, Carville said the administration needs "to launch a criminal investigation -- the Attorney General needs to investigate criminal negligence on the part of BP and what went on at MMS (the Minerals Management Service, the federal agency that regulates offshore drilling). There's a thousand things that he could do. He just needs to get down here and start doing something, people are dying."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Do you think that Carville's words are too harsh or is he right on the money in his opinion on this disaster?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Bummer, I thought Carville was dying.

I wanted to
him some more.

As far as the disaster goes, it is real bad. The fishing industry is at a enormous lost, which is huge in Louisiana.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sorry, couldn't watch the video. Carville makes me physically ill. The worst of the worst. While not knowing what the WH is doing, they should be doing EVERYTHING in their power to clean up this mess. Then bill BP for it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
JC in my opinion is correct that POTUS would gave gained 7+ points in popularity ratings just for showing his face. I wonder how many he will lose for not showing his face sooner.

Conspiracy: The Parish President (his name fails me) approx 3 days ago on CNN referred to the fact that a few years back in one of the Saudi Arabian/Middle Eastern Seas that there was a huge oil leak from offshore drilling - at which point BP or another oil company rallied many OIL TANKERS and used them to suck all the oil from the sea and clear some 85% of oil.

Now however, and according to the Parish President (and James Carville alluded to the use of Oil Tankers in the same fashion in this interview) these tankers are full of oil "already" from other rigs, and are sitting off the coast lines of many countries waiting to offload their cargo of oil at optimal prices when demand begins to increase.... - as such these tanker owned by BP and others are not prepared to offload their existing load of cargo and get down to the Gulf Of Mexico pronto and suck up the oil gushing from the ocean floor.

Just reporting what I heard......

Thanks

Bravo

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Bravo111]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

bang on the money i think! ive heard about these tankers holding oil offshore to regulate supply and kep prices nice and high. i think you are onto a conspiracy here.

in all honesty i believe that power hungry nations, governments and dictators will soon be usurped by equally greedy and amoral corporations. the only difference being that these corporations will have no fixed borders and will be more able to keep a stranglehold on their populace.

to quote the brilliant 'catch 22',

'id prefer if governments backed out of the war altogether and left the whole thing to private enterprise.'

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I can't believe I have seen the day where I can agree with Carville on something, lol. By the way, I just realized that Carville looks strangely like one of those old men in the muppet show...you know the two old farts who sat in the box above the stage and gave Fozzy Bear such a bad time...lol just a thought.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Rockstrongo37]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

I'm no Carville fan, but he is not exaggerating. Your basement can be flooded with water, or it can be flooded with oil. There are stages of dying. What has happened is beyind criminal, especially in terms of dealing with it.

I don't get it. All the stuff he wanted which was unpopular he GOT. No little thing for THEIR CAUSE was neglected or overlooked. Here is a crisis. Not a word from the one on this.

Hence a sort of vacuum because we expect the news to be beating their drum about this major thing, but there's nearly nothing. Is it a war that's being assembled, ready to fill the media void with a high pressure diversion???

Someone, somewhere, is hard at work secretly taking advantage of yet another crisis.

I'm keeping an eye out for a green resurgence (they have to rebound with the carbon credit talk/these guys are betting all IN) and, sadly, another media sponsored war.

top topics

join