It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WANTED: A Call Out To Anyone Experiencing this phenomenon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
ITs called CLAIRAUDIENCE the hearing equivalent of clairvoyance (visions),clairsentience is the feelings impressed upon you.
Many platform or demonstrating mediums use at least one or all three whilst giving proof of survival.
There will always be medical conditions tho.Never overlook that.
Many people will be born naturally being able to use these senses,many people can learn to develop it also,even those that debunk such gifts.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have heard one voice in my life and it was female.

I was lying in my basement on my couch, and i started falling in and out of this weird state. I've experienced it when i was younger, it would cause me to go into a paralyzed awaken sleep, which is very scary. so i keep trying to snap out of it so i wouldn't go into this, and i heard a woman’s voice "Don’t Move" I go creeped out, checked my TV, XBOX, and COMPUTER to make sure there were no popup, or that i wasn't connected to anyone, or that i had no Xbox part open, i quickly went upstairs and laid down.

some of my friends told me i shouldn’t of moved, but i believe she doesn't want me to move from where i live. I've lived in the same house my whole life.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

This is quite common with clairaudience.It can be developed further,plenty of stuff on the net to read about it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's not clairaudience. It's a brain malfunction. There is no reason to think anyone here is seeing or hearing the hereafter. Just a malfunction of the brainwerks. Have had this issue for more than five years. Its just a simple problem with your mind. Nothing more and nothing less.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by brilab45]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by brilab45]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I heard "someone" specifically tell me to not step into the crosswalk right before a car would have run me over. It sounded like they were right beside me talking normally. And there was no one else around on the street for at least a block.

And it certainly wasn't in my head..

oh yeah, and I'm not schizo nor bipolar although I do have a mood disorder. But I wasn't on meds at the time.

[edit on 2010/5/26 by juniperberry]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Well according to you many of us here need some serious help! *looks around* ehh you may be right, but I don't think that's the case for all of us. If "ghost hunters" are able to capture EVP then its not such a far stretch that some of us may be able to actually tune into it without the help of an electronic recorder

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Just because you don't hear actual voices doesn't mean you don't have a mental imbalance. You should see a doctor anyway.

Since I was a kid I've heard a high-pitched noise. My earliest memory of it is when I was probably 7 or 8 years old sitting in a turned-off car waiting for my dad. Since it's dead-silent in a car when no one is driving around I could hear it clearly.
Some people say it's tinnitus but I've never went to a doctor for it so I wouldn't know.

[edit on 26/5/10 by Nventual]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36
reply to post by brilab45

Well according to you many of us here need some serious help! *looks around* ehh you may be right, but I don't think that's the case for all of us. If "ghost hunters" are able to capture EVP then its not such a far stretch that some of us may be able to actually tune into it without the help of an electronic recorder

Umm, I'd have to say that Ghost Busters is full of bunk. No disrespect intended. They are a show dependent on people whom are superstitious. There is usually a good reason people have unusual sensitivities and its probably medical in nature. I'm not knocking paranormal experiences at all. I just believe in Occams Razor. Or if I were on the wild side.........I am one damn good source of paranormal activity.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
One that drove me nuts is when i am half asleep i would hear someone knocking at the door. By the time i got fully awake i did not know if it was real or not. I am disabled so jumping up to answer the door is a problem. All my friends know it takes me a couple minutes to get to the door.

After a couple months i put door bells on the doors and locked the outer screen doors so no one could knock on the door.

I still hear someone knocking on the door but now in just ignore it.

I also found that a neighbor has a sound system in there car. but all i hear sometimes is the boom of the low frequency base speakers.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Sometimes before I wake up in the morning, I hear somebody calling my name. One time I thought I woke up, looked around, and I heard voices around me talking. There was no one home besides me and later I figured I was having a dream within a dream as that seemed to explain everything properly.

Mod edit to remove unrelated image

[edit on 27-5-2010 by dbates]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren

While lying in bed I've heard my name and the doorbell (separate occassions

Ditto! I've been awakened by someone at the door on a few occasions to find nobody was even there, and my name called too on separate incidents. Once was the night my mum died, I fell into a dream where I was trying to contact her via remote viewing. There was a TV screen on static and I sank my face into it and suddenly she said my name right in my left ear.

I've had two other experiences with hearing voices. Once when I was rather stressed I sat on my bed and a rush of voices filled my head. I recognised them as three of four of my friends having a conversation. It lasted about 10 secs then faded.

Last time I was asleep and something shook me awake. The bed felt like it was floating or undulating. I sat up and then I heard a news article, clear as a bell in my head.

Bloke says something like " As the body of ***** ***** lies in the middle of the road the police move in to release the hostages after a thirteen hour siege." I heard the name too but when I tried to recall it, it vanished. That was the strangest part, I thought.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernutty
Does it count if i have been recently seeing sound? Mostly higher frequency stuff like radio antennas. Its tough to describe what it looks like, but you can tell what it is... (not sure if that's the right choice o words for this)

That's called synaesthesia, it's when your senses get muddled up a bit. There are loads of different types. I grew up with slight synaesthesia in that I had an automatic gender for letters and numbers. ABCDE female F male G female etc etc.

Some people see certain sounds as peppery sprinkles in the air and stuff like that. There are plenty folk researching this so why not google it and see if you can get involved in some way.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by wigit]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I've always "seen sound" (or at least for as long as I can remember). It's called synesthesia:

Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia, plural synesthesiae or synaesthesiae)—from the Ancient Greek σύν (syn), "together," and αἴσθησις (aisthēsis), "sensation"—is a neurologically-based condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.[1][2][3][4] People who report such experiences are known as synesthetes.

For example, bass drums in songs looks like small, round, dark-gray/black balls that kind of "pulsate" on beat, like the woofer in a speaker when you crank up the volume too loud.

As for voices in my head, I'd rather not get into that: people are already going to think I'm crazy for being able to "see sound."

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Had it all my life for over 30 years. When I was a kid almost every night (I have insomnia so I was rarely asleep) I would hear the locked metal doorknob on the back door of the house being turned like someone was trying to get in or out.

Anytime I ever got up to check there was no one there. And it's not like someone was trying to break in either cause they'd have to go through the outer garage door first to get to the inner door. And none of that was ever opened or anything. So, there's no way anyone could have been in the garage.

I'd also hear what sounded like someone hitting buttons on the microwave almost every night, but never heard the microwave go off (even when the microwave broke and we didn't even have one for a while I would still hear it). It would just sound like someone hitting two or three buttons and then nothing. The microwave itself never turned on. It just made the beeps that they make when you hit a button.

In one of the bedrooms of the house, anytime I ever slept in it, it sounded like someone was walking around the bed while I slept (or tried to sleep). You could hear the footsteps on the carpet. But it never scared me for some reason. You just get used to it.

Sometimes while trying to get to sleep I would hear my father's voice calling out my name even though he was asleep. It sounded like he was calling from very far away. Almost always my father's voice.

The other one is one I still get living in my new place too. You ever hear people talking on the other side of a door, but you can't hear what they're saying because the door is closed?

I get that all the time. It sounds like people talking out in the hallway of my apt building and I can't understand what they're saying, but most times when I get up to check who's out there, the voices stop as soon as I open the door and there's no one out there.

Sometimes there are just people out there talking though, but more than half the time I'm just hearing things that aren't there. It's not like they just left either. The voices will sound like they're right in front of my door right up until the point I open it and see no one is actually there.

Another part of the sounds is they sound farther away and lower in volume than if they were real. Like it'll sound like it's coming from right on the other side of the door, yet still somehow sound like it's far away at the same time. It's hard to explain.

But other than that I don't have any mental disorders or anything like that. Completely well adjust insomniac and so far no sign of schizo or anything like that. Even though some people say it's a sign that I may one day get it, but I'm getting pretty old here. Some other signs should have showed up by now and so far nothing.

Anyway, nothing really to say. You get used to it and don't really pay it no mind.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by tinfoilman]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Not crazy at all. My guitar instructor said he tuned his guitar by color. Each note made a different hazy rainbow type color he said. Then I learned lots of people experience the same thing.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm diagnosed Schizoaffective (Bi-Polar yype) and after 15 years of living with the voices and auditory hallucinations, I've gotten used to most of them.

The majority are mundane, I won't bore you with the details. But I've had some good success with Abilify and learning how to ignore the majority of the mental intrusions.

Given your son's young age, is it possible he's simply experiencing a hypersensitivity of hearing?

From what I understand young children are sometimes more attuned to sounds we, as adults, have systematically tuned out over the years through our familiarity to them.

Has he had a professional hearing test performed to rule out this possibility?

*edit - spelling

[edit on 5/27/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Very, very interesting..
First of all i am sorry to hear of your son, that can not be an easy situation by any means.. but autism does link the mind differently to the reality around them at times, (none of this is written in stone, i am not an expert just a student of psychology due to it holding a vast interest in me) and often from being to being it is different, but they all seem to have a certain..ability or maybe a few.. photographic memory for instance, or the knowing of something before it happens, sees things they cant explain.. often because they are in touch with different sides of the multiverse..being more more open to paranormal events.
As for your question, if anyone else has experienced this at all, and yes..again , as you say, there dont seem to be destinct voices words or messages conveyed, unless they just havent got through to me for whatever reasons.. i will often hear the phone ringing when it isnt, people in the house talking to someone at the door when my hearing is impaired by taking a shower at the time, it happens often when hoovering or anything else that makes me not able to properly hear whats going on around me.. and often i will hear footsteps upstairs, cats meowing and mobile phone noises i can hear anytime though,. but its different kind of 'hear'..it isnt like a neighbors phone or tv, its more..... distant than that.. recently, which is what caught my attention with this thread, is it seems to be increasing lately. I have thought its perhaps my imagination during the times i cant hear right, my worry that i will miss an important call or visitor..i dont really know, but that doesnt fit all the happenings, just a few. there are others that happen anytime. Your son doesnt seem to feel or think these sounds are worrying? or just a bit annoying?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

just wanted to say quick that i really liked your comment about it sounding like the door is closed but you are hearing almost muffled like voices coming through the closed door.. thats very much what its like, also like a bunch of jumbled together voices, as if a group were all speaking at once, but nothing stands out.. often i will think there are people out front of our house because i will hear noises, like kids crying or people talking, etc.. very strange.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
sorry, it double posted itself lol

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Full_Vision]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am very surprised by the number of people that are having or have had these types of experiences.

Here is a little more history of my son's challenges.

He has been under the care of an excellent psychiatrist since kindergarten.
I say excellent because of what this man has been able to do with my child.

While I know there is a lot of skepticism towards psychiatry, I feel his doctor is very different. he actually cares about my son, and I trust him completely.
He usually spends 2 hours with him at his appointments.
I feel he has the qualifications to treat and diagnose.

Medical Director, United Family Services; Clinical Faculty, Medical College of Virginia; Board Certified in Child , Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry; Board Certified in Forensic Medicine; Board Certified Forensic Examiner; Certified, American Society of Addiction Medicine; Fellow of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry; Fellow of the American Association of Integrative Medicine

We have had multiple testing and evaluations for him over the years, and all the different psychiatrist, psychologist, in home therapist come up with the same conclusion: His case is very complex.

He does have Autism more towards the higher functioning side of the spectrum, a little less functioning than Aspergers Syndrome.

As for the voices, he never recognized them as not real. It takes constant reassurance that no one called his name, there are no dogs outside his window, and no phones ringing, etc...

He scored extremely low on reality testing. He perceives things around him and the way a situation unfolds completely different than what is actually happening.

His doctor held off for three years before diagnosing him as Schizo Affective. It was very hard to tease out symptoms he was having from that pertaining to Autism. His symptoms do overlap but his delusions have become so ingrained, along with his paranoia that I do believe this is an accurate diagnoses.

Someone mentioned his medications. For some of you that do not know, I hold a Masters degree in Nursing. Most of my experience was in trauma, but I spent several years in psychiatric nursing with mainly Adolescents.

Side effects of his medicines, was one of the first things we addressed. Often after weaning him off certain types of his meds, his symptoms would increase.

Abilify was mentioned on here and I completely agree, it is an excellent choice we have seen some benefit from this drug.

Here's where we are, for years we have put "band aids" on huge wounds. Trying to maintain his disabilities with medication, behavioral therapy, cognitive therapy etc...

Right now we are in the process of a long term hospitalization 4-6months for acute/residential care. However, insurance is denying the admission and we have been doing battle for 5 months now. I even contacted my state Reps. and Senators, and wrote the President himself, trying to get this decision overturned. So far we have not received word.

Many here, have stated this could be another type of phenomenon, and I am totally opened to that. He is extremely sensitive and can walk in a room and immediately pick up on what everyone there is feeling.

When this happens, he is unable to process what is going on, because the feelings are so intense and he quickly is overwhelmed.

Another interesting facet is his ability to communicate with animals; namely dogs and horses. I find this most fascinating.

I can see many here are experiencing some type of auditory hallucination minus mental illness. Are there any members who have received a diagnosis
of some type of mental illness and are experiencing these types of auditory hallucinations? would you be willing to tell your story including your history?

If not here, consider a u2u.

I cannot express enough the appreciation I have for the members of ATS.

Thank you so much for opening your hearts and minds and teaching me more about this under explained experience.

I look forward to hearing more,

Sincerely,
Pax

[edit on 27-5-2010 by paxnatus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join