It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WANTED: A Call Out To Anyone Experiencing this phenomenon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
An auditory hallucination, is defined as follows:

An auditory hallucination, or paracusia,[1] is a form of hallucination that involves perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus. A common form involves hearing one or more talking voices.

link: en.wikipedia.org...

There are many reasons these occur.

Most common in mental illness such as, Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia, but can also occur in sleep deprivation, Ear disease, Brain tumors, or perhaps for super natural reasons that have yet to be explained.

I have expressed in other threads the difficulties my child lives with daily. My son is 13 an Autistic. he recently received an additional diagnosis of Schizo-affective Disorder, meaning he experiences the positive symptoms of Schizophrenia, i.e. positive meaning present and a mood disorder such as Bipolar simultaneously.

From the age of 9 he has had auditory hallucinations, however they are not the typical voices one would experience in Schizophrenia.

Typical voices heard by the schizophrenic manifest in language, often communicating a message for the individual who is ill. The voices reinforce delusions and thought disturbance as it relates to the persons perception of reality.

However, the voice my child hears is sound minus the language. The sounds can be dogs barking, phones ringing, drums beating, cars, and various animal noises He also hears one female voice calling his name. The voice is not threatening, and it is only his name he hears her speak.

I find this baffling. I am on a search to find anyone who experiences the same phenomenon. So I invite you to shed some light on this and share your story please.

I appreciate hearing from all, and want you to feel comfortably participating. I value what you have to say.

Thanks kindly,

Pax

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Labeling people as schizophrenic, to me, is wrong. Just as a white man and black man's skin color is purely due to genes, the same goes to "mentally ill" people.

Genes are basically a readers manual to guide the building of the body.

If Genes are altered, they still must balance out to produce a result.

Its up to the person with the "illness" to decide weather its good or bad. The choice for decision still exists. They just have a different perspective.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by gandhi]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I've experienced this...though, in a more paranormal capacity. I am Bipolar, with a potpourri of Social Anxiety, OCD & ADD. But I hear and experience things in my bedroom some nights like this.

While lying in bed I've heard my name and the doorbell (separate occassions), and here recently I had a close hamper tip over in the middle of the night...yanked me out of a dead sleep. I often hear the sound of bare feet padding around on the carpet in my room. I think they're all connected. Because your son is autistic, the veil that separates our worlds is thinner around him...he percieves more. Nothing to be afraid of (lest you start finding bruises or the like) though.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Not voices, but melodies "underneath" other sounds. This started with our dishwasher, years ago. About 6 or 7 months ago, add the floor fan, AC, yard equipment. Even the pressure washer I was using last weekend. It was driving me nuts (lol DON'T say it), so I asked DH's therapist about it around Christmas. She doesn't think it's anything.
I never play my guitar anymore, but I keep thinking I should be either picking them out or singing them into a tape recorder. Some are actually very nice and kinda complex.
(It's still bugging me a little. Wasn't this what was going on with one of the Pink Floyd guys?)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Does it count if i have been recently seeing sound? Mostly higher frequency stuff like radio antennas. Its tough to describe what it looks like, but you can tell what it is... (not sure if that's the right choice o words for this)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with hearing voice's there's a lot of people that do but are afraid to be called mad

up until the age of 5-6 or so I used to hear a man and a woman talking, and occasionally they'd call out my name.

Msm demonizes the “mentally ill” personally I would rather hang out with someone who is bi-polar or schizophrenic than a lot of the so called normal people.

They're usually more interesting and have refreshing views on the world.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm finely tuned to my 3rd eye and all it senses. Ever since a young child, and into my teens I was uninterested in the "normal" things and have luckily followed this trend into my late 20's.
Its enabled me to somewhat enable my abilities so it doesn't affect my daily life, but that its always there whenever I need it. I can sense Earth energies, Auditory phenomena occasionally from the sounds of 100 conversations of spirits to people calling my name.
I have frequent DejaVu aswell as Lucid Dreams and Daydreams, many Paranormal phenomena occuring around me to which I am curious.

When approached with a sensible mind and a good teaching, its a incredible gift to have, even if I am shunted by the sheeple for their own insecurities.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A lot of "Normal" people hear voices.
When I was an infant my Mother would hear a voice calling her name.
She learned that it was to alert her that her baby had kicked her covers off and was getting cold.
I have heard a voice a vew times.
There was a time when I was getting romantic thoughts about a certain young man and a voice in my head said, " He is JUST a friend!"
This was good advice, as a serious relationship with him would have been disasterous for me.

I wouldn't consider hearing voices as a mental illness. There are voices all around us 24/7. With a piece of equipment called a radio you can tune into them. Some people don't need a radio. I think people who hear voices and/or sounds are tuned in to frequencies that are harmonious to their own thoughts, which can be good, bad, or neutral.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thank you, so far your responses have been so positive and uplifting. I really appreciate it.

Yes, seeing sound counts also. I have many questions. Bear with me I have a busy schedule but will be back very late tonight.

You have already given me a lot to think about.

Pax

[edit on 27-5-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You know I have always had paranormal experinces since I was about 8, but as I got older, they became more frequent, I use to hear my mother scream my name from the other side of the house when I was 15, When Id open my door to scream WHAT?! She would be sitting in her room eatting a salad and starring at me like I lost my mind. I asked her if she screamed my name and she said no. One time when I was 16 we moved into a new house, my friend and I were the only ones there when we BOTH heard my brother scream my name and when we looked around the whole house he wasnt there, neither was his car.... so I found that strange, but atleast we both heard it. Two years ago right before my daughter was born (I was 22) I was half a sleep in my room and I heard a low growl of a voice say my name slow right i my ear, almost demonic like. I woke up and refused to go back to sleep. Two nights later my mother heard the same low demonic voice laughing in her sleep and it woke her up. So those are my experinces

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If your high enough in the secret societies, then your hearing whispers, lol.

So they are sane lol, but others are not.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
First, google up all his medications and know the 'side effects'.
Second, hopefully you've had multiple diagnosis. I know 3 brothers who were all diagnosed "autistic" and it turned out NONE of them were autistic. One did have a minor mind to speech glitch, and that improved on it's own in time too.
Third, hearing test! The reason I say this is because I found there are many hearing problems that are wrongfully diagnosed schizophrenia and such. Here's one in particular, en.wikipedia.org... and I'm sure there are others.

Since your child realizes these sounds are NOT 'real', I highly suspect the shrinks of labeling wrongfully. People seem to want labels and doctors and shrinks oblige, even when they haven't the foggiest idea what is wrong. Besides, most get kickbacks on all the meds they prescribe! I think that should be illegal.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have auditory hallucinations mostly at night. Mostly, I hear music, muffled voices and what would sound like a sports game like golf or baseball. Can't tell you how many times I got up thinking the T.V. was on.

However, there is a name for the phenomena....Musical Ear Syndrome. I've posted about this before.

It's not cause your crazy in any way, but it has more to due with hearing deficiency or a possible neurological problem.

My theory is that our brains try to interpret subterfuge noise and turns it into something the mind can understand. To help understand this..... if you look at a tree or a popcorn ceiling, one can see faces (just the way our brains work). Our brains are trained to see and hear things and try to naturalize them.

With all that said, I am diagnosed as having MDD, GAD and PTSD. Go military!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yea, I hear what sounds like a tv news program played low. I usually can't make out the words, but once in a while I can. For quite a while I would go around looking for a tv that was left on or go outside to see if someone was playing a tv loud, but never found anything. It only occurs when it is quiet. I don't hear it if there is other normal sounds around. In my case, I got shot with a 12ga in the neck and chest, and broke my pelvis, femur, and tibia in the fall from about 8'. I do have titanium rods an plates after 23 surgeries to get put back together, so it may be causing me to pick up broadcast radio or tv. I have heard of others that have that happen.

When I was little kid, I had extreme ability to read thoughts, and was able to tell about people or places I had never been. My parents have told me all about it. They often would just think of something like locking the car door and I would say, "OK, mommy I'll lock it". That freaked them out. I had some pretty strong abilities. I lost it pretty much as I got older due to all the input noise from the other 5 senses. When I worked in law enforcement, I always knew before something bad was going to happen like a suspect was going to pull a gun or something. I still 'feel' things that are potentially dangerous before it happens. Not long, but 30 seconds to a minute before it happens. I think it is just a left over from my abilities as a child. But I have thought at time that the voices talking may have been something I was picking up out of the ether if you will.

[edit on 26/5/10 by spirit_horse]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
From the sound of it your child's judgement is not affected by hearing these sounds, they don't make him hurt anyone or put his life in danger or inpare is ability to live a normal life so he isn't ill, just different.

I hope he grows up to realize this and I would strongly advise that you avoid medication or other treatments such as electro shock therapy.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well I guess I'll chime in here as well. I often hear voices. Sometimes calling my name, sometimes what seems to be a conversation or several conversations at once. Like one poster said above I also hear music, almost like an underlying movie score in everything. Whitenoise, fans, car engines, lawn mowers, various forms of running machinery. These are often complex melodies and are actually often quiet nice and pleasant, while sometimes the music does seem to be a bit darker and more ominous. A little background about myself. I have never been diagnosed with any kind of disorder or mental illness. It does tend to run fairly heavily in both the paternal and maternal side of my family. Maybe I should get a second opinion lol. Umm I had fairly strong psychic abilities as a child, was encouraged to discuss dreams which were extremely vivid, most of the very vivid dreams usually came true in a time frame ranging from 3-12 months. I've always been able to tell when someone was lying to me, truth has a "golden tone" while a lie has a "flat brass tone" I know things about people that I shouldn't after spending more than an hour with them. I take on the moods and emotions of someone after spending a little time with them, not very pleasant if you've been near a raving psychopath... If I have a strong psychic/physical connection I know where they are and how they are at almost all times. I make no claims of being a psychic or future teller, these are just general traits that I have. Ok I'm sorry if I rambled on a bit

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Wow..kind of freaky, got the same "problem". Sometimes the melody gets stronger than the source, laptop, fridge, amp etc.. I've actually tried to channel it through my guitar, but I never quite get it right. The more I concentrate on the tune, the more complex it gets..

You mentioned Pink Floyd..sounds like something Syd Barrett could have been capable of..(oh dear, hope we're not loosing it..)

But at least I know I'm not the only dog around with this little dilemma.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i made a thread about this a year or two ago. I've had it happen a few times in my life out of the blue. Weird stuff and i am sure i wasn't dreaming or anything like that

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I hear and see stuff all the time.......but I am nuts

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Many people hear their names being said while drifting to sleep...
I am one of them. I haven't heard it in years...but I do recall a few times where I'd literally hear a distinct voice say my name right before I was about to doze off...but no one was there.

Also, as far as frequencies and whatnot... yeah, that happens to me sometimes while laying in bed.. but my ears are fine

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join