It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Terror Watch for the Texas/Mexico Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Feds Issue Terror Watch for the Texas/Mexico Border

www.foxnews.com

The Department of Homeland Security is alerting Texas authorities to be on the lookout for a suspected member of the Somalia-based Al Shabaab terrorist group who might be attempting to travel to the U.S. through Mexico, a security expert who has seen the memo tells FOXNews.com.

The warning follows an indictment unsealed this month in Texas federal court that accuses a Somali man in Texas of running a “large-scale smuggling enterprise” responsible for bringing hundreds of Somalis from Brazil through South America
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This is either justification to change the propaganda threat level to red or its another reason America needs to fix its borders.

Security experts tell FOXNews.com that the influx of hundreds of Somalis over the U.S. border who allegedly have ties to suspected terror cells is evidence of a porous and unsecured border being exploited by groups intent on wrecking deadly havoc on American soil.

I thought terrorists only got in to the US through Canada...

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Hello Portugoal,

Good post. This border issue is getting crazier everyday. I have alittle bit more info & video on this as well. Here ya go...

The area is the busiest spot in the nation for border patrol. Records show last year, agents caught a quarter of million people trying to enter the U.S. in the Tucson sector alone. According to those documents, a lot are from Mexico or South America, but hundreds of them aren’t and are from nations like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran. Since January, border patrol agents say they have been on the lookout for 23 Somalis with ties to al-Qaida.

Jailers released them from a Mexican prison and some law enforcement officials said they think they are headed for the U.S. border.
Source

Also I have 2 pretty good videos, which discusses this more in detail. Enjoy!

*Video 1*
*Video 2*(I have only watched this one so far)

Sidenote: The source that I linked to has a crazy a$$ up-to-date article on IF Los Angeles got nuked?? wth, thats not good. But it does have a good video about that though.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by JWash]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

I honestly can't see the problem being that big. If there are Iraqis and Pakistanis trying to get in through Mexico rather than on a flight from the Middle East, then America would really try to fix their border. Terrorists are smarter than to go to border check points that are staffed when they could easily go in underground...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
READ THIS Kalifona. Just keep your head in your neighbors skirt forget security. Why not put Arizona on the list to visit the most?
Sorry to Calis but I escaped the lunacy 10 years ago and love to poke em in the ribs when I can.

S&F

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Oh yeah, I agree w/ what you said. However what makes it a bigger issue is... once the illegals are caught, they are released and they can go back to trying to re-enter but in a different way...

Now some of those illegals that may be an actual terrorist/threat, more than likely they are being funded somewhere. Lets say you have a handful like 5-10 illegals to "test" how tight the border security really is because IF they get caught, they know they'll be released to try again or pass intel along.

Thats my $.02cents.

Oh, I found it strange that NKoreans were being caught(I know they're probably hungry, lets hope)... Its in that video 2 segment.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

...seriously. If someone's trying to enter your country, you don't just throw back to where they came from. Detain them for more than an extended period of time.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
reply to post by JWash

...seriously. If someone's trying to enter your country, you don't just throw back to where they came from. Detain them for more than an extended period of time.

I know right!

I'm not up to date on how well funded the budget is for border security but perhaps border patrol would like to do what you mentioned but maybe the $$$ isn't there to hold them for an extended period of time...

I'm sure there is someone on ATS who is more educated on this topic than me. But those are the few things that I can think of at the moment.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If we would just stop offering them welfare and other assisance they would stop coming here.
Let a few of the new arrivals go hungry for a few days. "Sorry folks, we just do not have any food for you. Our hospitals are full, Sorry we cannot deliver your babies here."

top topics

join