It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flood of frogs in Greece, earthquake to come?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Anyone remember those cows 'supposedly' throwing themselves off a cliff?

Just found the link:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But yeh creatures do have a sense that things are going to happen... it's the same with starlings and storms...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Seen some documentary recently regarding EQ predictions and animals. They have been monitoring lots of different animals and the only ones they can see any change in seems to be electric eels. They get much more active and emit much more energy around them. Think the programme was on National Geo.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

whoshotJR,

Thank you for this info!!
S+F

I have been into this whole earthquake prediction-thing ever since I joined ATS. But up till now the best proof so far for accurate predictions comes from animals. (and clouds!!
)

Here are some articles..

Toads can 'predict earthquakes' and seismic activity

China earthquake: Blogs claim 'swarming toads' warned of Sichuan disaster

We should also take into consideration that toads do have other motivations for migrating in large numbers..

Normally, as the full moon approached, more and more toads would come down to a shallow pool at the lake’s edge from the surrounding hills to breed.

Can toads (and other animals) predict earthquakes?

And since we have a full moon coming up on the 28th, I am very interested in seeing how this turns out!!

Peace

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
We felt a earthquake this morning in the UK at 4 in the morning.
this is my thread i made about it. Might be a connection as there seems to be many earthquakes going off from what I can see.

2012 isn't looking so fake now is it =/

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yes, it is most definitely normal for Greece to have 2-3+ small EQs per day.

Though I do find the animal know-how before a catastrophic event rather spooky, I will be watching this rather closely. Who knows, there could be a link between this and the underwater caldera off the coast of Italy.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ive been told, That there was a small Earthquake which took place 11:35am, was near the island of kythira, slightly towards athens.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Undercover_2010]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Undercover_2010]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Here is a link to a story about elephants and other animals sensing the tsunami that tore up the Indian coast a while back.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Greek poster here, no significant EQs here (yet), also no volcanic eruptions, saw the froggies in the local news yesterday, but i thought they were a good sign, cause frogs are always an indicator of a functioning and strong ecosystem.

Aaaalso they were pretty small and propably were just migrating from birthplace to foodplace, but im neither a zoologist, nor a geologist (eq-wise).

The mayor said, it happened in the past too.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ugh. That is not good. Animals don't up and run away in these numbers unless something is up.

Hopefully this doesn't mean anything, but it does make me worry.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think its just mating season, while I'm no expert on these frogs, I do work with animals and its mating season for a lot of them right now.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by veiledvisitor
I would note the direction they are traveling. It would be wise to follow them.

You are right on it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Little off topic here, but just got back from an hour walk through the high desert of So. Cal. and about every 20-50 ft were ant holes spewing out giant black ants. I walk this regularly, never seen it like this. Just thought I'd post for posterity.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
Greek poster here, no significant EQs here (yet), also no volcanic eruptions, saw the froggies in the local news yesterday, but i thought they were a good sign, cause frogs are always an indicator of a functioning and strong ecosystem.

Aaaalso they were pretty small and propably were just migrating from birthplace to foodplace, but im neither a zoologist, nor a geologist (eq-wise).

The mayor said, it happened in the past too.

It's interesting that the mayor made a statement about it to me. Would a major normally comment on such things or is this a big talk of the town there?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
USGS is not monitoring all the eq in europe..

watch the eq's for europe on this site...

www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux
reply to post by Libertygal

Yes, it is most definitely normal for Greece to have 2-3+ small EQs per day.

Though I do find the animal know-how before a catastrophic event rather spooky, I will be watching this rather closely. Who knows, there could be a link between this and the underwater caldera off the coast of Italy.

how conveniant... this EQ right on top....
Summary:
Magnitude M 3.9
Region TYRRHENIAN SEA
S Tyrrhenian Sea
Date time 2010-05-27 at 06:34:20.0 UTC
Location 39.65 N ; 13.85 E
Depth 600 km
Distances 138 km S Naples (pop 988,972 ; local time 08:34 2010-05-27)
113 km S Massa lubrense (pop 13,522 ; local time 08:34 2010-05-27)
105 km S Anacapri (pop 6,361 ; local time 08:34 2010-05-27)
More seismicity information (Moment tensors, phases pickings, etc.)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well Greece is pretty small (11mil people) so something like this makes the news pretty quick.

And its pretty easy to get frogs to close down a major higway here, since all highways in Greece have only 2 lanes, so it sounds bigger than it is.

But i still think its not quake related, but natural migration

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join