It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if 'top kill' fails:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Given that the initial blowout was due to the gas pressure exceeding 13,000 psi, and they are trying to fill a 21" pipe with 2 (3" or 6"?) pipes, the math just doesn't work out for me. I hope I'm wrong. I hope the below ground casing isn't damaged and leaking sideways under the seafloor.

But just in case, here's my plan:

For speed's sake, cut off two existing oil storage tanks, the big round ones, one smaller than the otherby about 6-10 feet.

Fill the space between the walls with lightweight but very strong foam, gel, carbon nanotube whatever. Put a new blowout preventer on top. Install relief valves on the sides, and anchors around the base, set at perhaps 10-15 degrees downward angle.

Lower the whole thing over the wellhead and blow the anchors into the seafloor. Keep the relief valves open until the new BOP is hooked up to a ship or something.

Thenclose the relief valves, pump it full of concrete and leave it alone, monitoring it carefully for the next decade or two.

Flaws, please?
You'd need about four or more heavy lift Russian choppers, but if the military was given the job, it could be done in about two weeks, I think.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
the flaw is
they dont want it 2 close
they want the economy 2 go broke cuz they already have enough money
so they keep anyone from fixing it
im sorry but its true
i live in holland and were expeerts on this kinda thin we build a palm tree iland in the see dubai and were the best
nobody asked us
also fisherman who wanted 2 help were told 2 sign a contract not 2 sue bp
also they are doing nuthing 2 clean it up
i aint kidding

link   
the flaw is
im sorry but its true
i live in holland and were expeerts on this kinda thin we build a palm tree iland in the see dubai and were the best
nobody asked us
i aint kidding

link   
the flaw is
im sorry but its true
nobody asked us
i aint kidding

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It would be good if there was a way of forwarding good ideas such as yours to the proper hands for consideration in case the top kill doesn't work. I hope it works but if it doesn't they are going to need all the help they can get. Thank you for your post and ideas.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Just bury it. Small mountain of riprap, rocks, sand.

Dump it from ore carriers. Instant and total topoverkill.

Should've killed it long time ago. Just bury it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

I was thinking the same thing, just bury it with tons of rock, concrete, even old ships...sink them if possible. Then send down ton after ton of concrete and create a small mountian over the leak.

I do admit that I got low grades in school so this may indeed be a dumb idea but damn, the smartest on this job don't seem to be having any better luck.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Like someone said already, they don't want it closed. Otherwise it wouldve already happened.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
Like someone said already, they don't want it closed. Otherwise it wouldve already happened.

I think at first that was true.. but not anymore.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I submitted it to BP.

Anybody with any bright ideas can submit them here:

www.horizonedocs.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

My bright idea is that we start throwing politicians and oil company executives into the Volcano in Iceland to appease the Gods.

It may not work, of course, but the good thing is, there is no down side.

Even if if doesnt stop the oil flow, or the volcano, we lose some pesky oil company execs and politicians.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
why not insert a concussion bomb in a shaft paralleling the main shaft. Blow the bomb and it will collapse the neighboring shaft. I guess this would be the last case scenario.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Excellent idea.

top topics

join