It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rage Against The Machine & other artists call for boycott of Arizona

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow, Michael Moore....didn't see that coming. sarcasm. I'm guessing that this is just the beginning, the rest of the idiot liberal artists ala Springsteen etc, will soon jump on the band wagon. Who knows maybe they can have a festival like Taco Aid, to help poor defenseless illegals?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Damn, that is a shame...Rage puts on a good live show, too.

sigh..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ah Rage Against The Machine...the anti-capitalist pro-communist band living in the US making millions of dollars off the capitalist corporate music industry

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
LMAO!!!! these guys are trying to revive there failed careers by boycotting arizona!! Rage against the machine haven't done anything notable since the 90's, kanye's career has been dead since the whole taylor swift mic grab thing, and cypress hill just came out with a new cd so their probably trying to get sales with this boycott.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
Ah Rage Against The Machine...the anti-capitalist pro-communist band living in the US making millions of dollars off the capitalist corporate music industry

Hey.. it's America. You're totally within your rights to be a hypocritical self absorbed media whore who writes music contrary to the very way you live your own life while forcing the a message down peoples throats regardless of personal belief and making millions while doing it, all the while screaming against the very institution that provides you're said livelihood.

Some of the "Artist" (note, the majority don't write their own music) are very honest about their intentions. Tenacious D for instance supports open borders because they need a steady supply of drugs.. Jack Black is very open about his drug use, and his own livelihood would be at stack if his supply was disrupted!

Michael Moore, also against Capitalism, falls perfectly in line with Rage Against, a media whore who uses Capitalism as a means to promote Communism, while partaking in no communist belief himself. Only in America can you become a millionaire promoting Communism..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

More people jumping on the boycott Arizona bandwagon. I bet most of these artists never even bothered to read the law. Anything to get your name out there to remain relevant I guess.

Agree. I like some of the music of Rage Against The Machine. I suppose I should be inclined to boycott them because I disagree with them. Having read the bill a couple of times, what resonates to me is that the drafters of it have taken great and necessary pains to craft it such that it will be very difficult to abuse.

I feel for Arizona; the people there -- particularly near the border -- are beyond desperate for help. They need the Federal laws to be enforced. This may be a new bill, but the situation that caused it to be necessary is far from new. 1200 National Guard on the border (how many troops does it take to support those 1200?) doesn't even have them a mile apart. And...... what are their remedies? Arrest? handing over to ICE, so they can do nothing?

If there is not a probable cause to stop someone, then they should be able to proceed as usual; That means auto registration up-to-date, licensing, inspection, insurance, etc. Somebody who is illegal but has all that vehicular paperwork in order should consider applying for citizenship.

What shocks me the most is the [perceived] stance of the President, against the bill and Arizona -- the very person who should be ensuring that the U.S.'s borders are as secure as can be. Why isn't Homeland Security up in arms?

Has anyone in Washinton READ the dang bill? I'm not seeing any evidence of it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Hmm. That's a list of "artists" who I don't listen to anyway. No great loss.

What? You are serious you don't listen to "Los Tigres del Norte", which are part of the boycott? Sheesh. Actually, I never heard of them.

I'll never listen to, or buy anything from the "artists" listed in the OP.

DEPORT.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
who cares. Good riddens. They aren't living with the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join