It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Zero Mosque Overwhelmingly Approved

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Let us understand islam 'extremists', note the word extremists not all people of islam will never back down. Their motto is simple be a muslim or die. And they are also pushing for expanding their borders. Remember this. Mosque may be constructed but it will not do anything useful. Unless everybody wants to be a muslim this attacks of terror will be faced by the world. That two bit extremist cracks wont back down just because there is a mosque. Just yesterday they shot and killed over 70 people in Pakistan's Lahore. They must now know that terrorism is a two side sword with no handle. Let them learn a lesson.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

I don't trust any religious nut does that make me a bigot?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
I think if we step out of our emotional feelings and study the signal it will send to muslims acros the globe....we may see it indicates

1/ The USA is not the Great Satan that its militant muftis have preached about to the muslim masses.
2/ That the USA is a tolerant nation , that is not trying to eradicate Islam

3/ That the same muslim extremists killing Muslims in Pakistan right now are the REAL ENEMY OF MUSLIMS, that they are the new facist thugs of the world, that the Americans sre trying to offer a fig in peace, not a war in blood.

4/ That if they migrate to the West they may be safe and in refuge from the Jihad Islamists.

5/ This wouldnt be allowed in Israel I doubt? on a sight of Jewish significance ,but as has been said , the USA is and can be seen to be a beacon of tolerance and sanity, to the world and not judged a fully fledge ally of Israel to the Muslim masses.
It would be easy to build some sort of American Hero shrine, and perhaps a shrine to the victims should be inscribed on the wall of the super mosque?
This would be the ultimate mutual concession? and a recognition by the Muslims that the Fundamentalist sections of their faith....breed fanaticism?

I feel if the mosque is built a memorial has to incorporated.
Other members have brought up the idea of having seperate Muslim,Jewish worship buildings on the site.
BUt how about a single multi faith super temple?
Where people of all faiths worship and listen to common tributes to th e one true God?
There are parts of the Bible that all the three faiths believe in, imagine Jews,Christian,Muslims, side by side, no one sneering at the others inferiority or uncleaness.
just middle of the road faithers willing to honour their God by rejecting the Devils Pride.

I, for one, have gotten really tired of trying to show everyone in the world how forgiving we are. I'm done being PC. PC equals Politically controlled.
Why should we have to change our religion to suit the world? Wasn't the whole idea of coming to America based on religious freedom? now terrorists come here, bomb a city, and we let them build a mosque there. It's one thing to be tolerant, but quite another to just be asleep!

I don't think it is racist to see muslims and wonder if they have a bomb under all the sheets they wear. It is a learned response. I also have tolerated them being my neighbors, and have to say, that if everyone wants to live in America, I have no problem with it. But learn English. Wear American clothing. And stop trying to be so different! Don't try to start judging Americans after we have been trying sooo hard to be PC. Also, I live in an affluent Houston neighborhood, and I have 3 neighbors. One white, one black, and one Mexican. I have learned to live amongst everyone. I have been conditioned. But this mosque thing, is gonna wake alot of people up!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
I just want to know what has happened to common decency and discretion. Surely the people who want to build this mosque understand that building it really close to ground zero will be offensive to a lot of other Americans.....

Well some folk should get their head out of thier yang and see that the placement of buildings in this religion is very simbolic.

Do some study on say the top ten most holy buildings in that religion. They just dont scatter buildings around for the view or build without precedence. They may be forced to honor these dead hyjackers by getting just as close to ground zero as they can.

Its a real good bet they want to build there for a reason that has little to do with "peace"...or being part of americana.......what a joke.

Oh and the fear not to speak out about this very real. Brainwashed nation. Seek peace but keep your wits about you.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisrand
What really gets me is that it will open 9-11-2011. On the 10th anniversary.

I mean come on!!!

Are you serious, you know this for sure?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The opening date shall live in infamy: Sept. 11, 2011. The 10th anniversary of the day a hole was punched in the city's heart.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

www.nypost.com...

OH!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The only time I was ever in NY....in 79 down on Broadway....the Muslims were down there with megaphone yelling and shooting pistols in the air...yea thats right.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
www.dumpert.nl...

kudo's for this man!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
maybe the U.S. citizens who lost loved ones there and still have remains there should have been asked to vote on this. It is after all the burial site for their loved ones. This would have never been allowed to happen if their voice was allowed to be heard and desires carried out. The memorial and everything else they seemed to plan for this site was never so *wham bam* or quick to get acceptance from the politicians as this. What is wrong with this scenario when citizens of this country cant get a proper understanding by their elected officials of where the citizens loved ones are grieved during one of the worst incidents in American history? I was beside myself when i first heard of this, and still cant grasp why they would think this will help relations. Building a tribute to people who ,supposedly, carried out one of the worst attacks on americans ever. Is this maybe the governments way of apologizing to muslims for accusing them of the attack, and they know all they did was set them up? Why arent they just as quick to open a new investigation for the families of 9/11 as they have been asked by these families numerous times? Just another slap in the face!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
The only time I was ever in NY....in 79 down on Broadway....the Muslims were down there with megaphone yelling and shooting pistols in the air...yea thats right.

The one time i was there was in 96', i remember being on Time square, the same type of persons were holding a rally., shouting and scaring people..It scared me, while i was 15 it didn't felt right..
I also remember standing in front of the twin towers, i actually saw the towers moving, as if they were bending over me, that was impressive.
Although i am not a New Yorker, if really feel for this people and the city, and if i was living there i would personally burn this mosque to the ground...

Think about it, 10 years after 9/11 on that same day, near ground zero, its just a huge bitch slap in the face of families of the lost ones..

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
One other small point that those opposed to the building mosque forget.. One of the founding principle of the u.s - freedom of religion ...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

This is the exact kind of reteric that seems to be going through the heads of everyone in this nation! I'm tired of looking the other way, and trying to understand everyone else's feelings. We have done that. To the point of our detriment.

And, no, I don't think a "shrine to every God" would work their either. So glad you aren't in charge. Think about feelings, and you either get laughed at in return, or run right over. What's that saying? Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
One other small point that those opposed to the building mosque forget.. One of the founding principle of the u.s - freedom of religion ...

As long as their religion doesn't have an edict to murder Americans, or ANYONE, I'm all for it! Perhaps you would like to have some Mmumbai practicing their religion next door to you? They have to have a constant cauldron of human blood and body parts boiling at all times!! It's going over real great in Mexico! They found an American lawyer's brains floating in the pot, his body buried in the yard! Think I'm welcoming them here?? You got another thing coming! How about voodoo? That's a bonafide religion too! lol And how bout those Satanists? And that's not even counting all the lunatics that THINK that God is talking to them telling them to kill people! Yep...go ahead and welcome all the religions! Me, I've got my own god, and a shotgun.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Man yea right. Just like the bunch that had the right the whole time they were planing the first towers bombing.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
What is the motivation to build this thing? It isn't to have a place to pray, that is for sure. It seems to be part of a concerted effort to keep DIVISION and HATRED burning. The same causes that make wealthy men smile and politicians place a mask of concern on their faces. This is psychological warfare at it's finest people!

Don't be fooled for a second.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

Also, this Ground Zero mosque is a potential staging ground for the Shariarization and Islamization of the once-great republic of the United States, destroyed by design...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You know what's overwhelmingly? 68% of the people are against it in the CNN poll, only 29% approves it...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I want to reiterate that I do find this a stupid idea,(and find it mostly a political ploy by our government to keep our country divided and hating in a vapid shallow circle eternally) however, I am not against it and enjoy my freedoms enough to support the freedom our country affords ALL CITIZENS and religious groups to worship where ever they see fit.

I also strongly support free speech and the ability to speak our opinions on this subject, whatever they may be.

This thread is from May and this topic just NOW exploded in the media.

I wonder why?

There is a reason Obama got involved and pointed the attention of our nation straight at this mosque topic.

What could the politicos gain from the hatred and division?

Terror Gravy Train!!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Obama refrained from comment for, what, over three months? Are you saying he made the issue explode?

The drivers of the terror train haven't really changed. They just got a bit more unfettered for three months due to no real leadership on the issue.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Obama refrained from comment for, what, over three months? Are you saying he made the issue explode?

The drivers of the terror train haven't really changed. They just got a bit more unfettered for three months due to no real leadership on the issue.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by ~Lucidity]
That is exactly what I am saying. Obama made a comment on it and suddenly we have this story all over the place, much much more so than three months ago.

I am saying this is a terror train ploy by policos, which envelops all of them, one is the same as the other, our entire governemnt is corrupt and agenda driven and the angenda is NOT the good of the PEOPLE.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

This story's been all over the place for about a month now...it's been building since May. I don't think there's been an increase because he didn't make a comment on it. In fact, the outcry has been increasing in volume as to why he wasn't speaking out about it. One of those cases where you're damned if you do and damned if you don't I guess.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join