It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Zero Mosque Overwhelmingly Approved

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Ground Zero Mosque Overwhelmingly Approved By NYC Community Board:

www.huffingtonpost.com

NEW YORK — After hours of contentious public comment, a New York City community board voted late Tuesday to support a plan to build a mosque and cultural center near ground zero.

"It's a seed of peace," board member Rob Townley said. "We believe that this is significant step in the Muslim community to counteract the hate and fanaticism in the minority of the community."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-5-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The vote was 29-to-1 in favor of the plan, with 10 abstentions. The move by the Manhattan Community Board 1, while not necessary for the building's owners to move forward with the project, is seen as key to obtaining residents' support.I say this is a great thing, and about time too. It's an attempt to bridge an ever-widening gulf that may in time prove impossible to close among our societies.

I say this is a great thing, and about time too. It's an attempt to bridge an ever-widening gulf that may in time prove impossible to close among our societies.

Not everyone is a fanatic, and this is a great step forward.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-5-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I agree, this is awesome. Solidarity is the key

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This should make it harder for the next false flag attack there to be blamed on muslims at least. Maybe they can stage another one, this time flying a "hijacked" space shuttle into the mosque and blame the christians. Either way, more religious buildings is exactly what we need right now. I think instead of a gaping hole in new york, they should turn every corner liquor store into a religious building of some sort. If corner liquor stores worked for getting everyone hooked on alcohol, it should work to get people hooked on religion too.

+15 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A seed of Peace! B.S.!
These people do not want peace! They even tried to cause massive death last Christmas and just last month at Times Square. No wonder they laugh at the Sheeple! They interpret this as a sign of weakness.
And yes, the sheeple are weak.
Baaahhhh, bahhhh, baaahhhh.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Violater1]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great for unity. Now hereeee come the bigots to ruin it all!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by idontKNOWanything
This should make it harder for the next false flag attack there to be blamed on muslims at least. Maybe they can stage another one, this time flying a "hijacked" space shuttle into the mosque and blame the christians(sic). Either way, more religious buildings is exactly what we need right now. I think instead of a gaping hole in new york, they should turn every corner liquor store into a religious building of some sort. If corner liquor stores worked for getting everyone hooked on alcohol, it should work to get people hooked on religion too.

Do you think that this will stop them?
They not only bomb their own mosques and people, they do so with bombs taped to their bodies!
idontknowanything, repeat after me.
Baahhh, bahhhhh, baaahhhhh.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...-container

From this story:

"Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said there were no security concerns about building a mosque in the area."

Really, ya don't think so? No concerns at all?

+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What a load of nonsense.

This would never get approved higher up. What an insult to the people who died. Out of all the things to put up and build they approve a mosque (I almost choke as I say that word).

Any form of Religious item placed there would be an insult and completely stupid. Has the world not learned there is NO god. And only the depraved seem to focus on one.

It would be more tasteful to erect a penis at ground zero than a mosque.

That's what all those families of the dead need - their enemies house being built over there loved place of doom. Disgusting. I don't even live their in New York and I lost no one in the cooperative American gov / muslim killings that day but I feel pure anger to hear of the possibility of a mosque.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Honestly, you're going to have to do more than type out "sheep sounds" to make a convincing argument. Maybe include some clip art of sheep in your post?

link   
reply to post by Violater1

"These people"? You realize there are a billion Muslims in the world? YOu honestly think every Muslim wants to kill Americans? If that were true, there would be no America.

+3 more 
link   
As American citizens, should muslims have the right to build a mosque near Ground Zero? Yes.

As American citizens who lost loved ones at Ground Zero, is this a middle finger from Islam? Yes.

As American citizens who died at Ground Zero, is this a disgrace to their memory? Yes.

There are no easy answers, but I don't trust muslims. And I hate the fact of a mosque there. As an American citizen, I have that right to voice my opinion.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Perfect, now we have the beginning of the next false flag.

1. TPTB allows a mosque near ground zero to be built calling it a signal of hope for the bridging of two cultures.

2. The MSM show at the top of every hour the protest of this building from even the most obscure of sources. Taking out of context every protest of this building to vilify those against it and connecting them to those anti-government.

3. TPTB detonate explosives built into the mosque and blame it on those the MSM has singled out.

4. Now everyone who's got something to say about the government gets fingered out as being connected with those they say bombed the mosque.

5. TPTB reap the profits of greater control.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What is the motivation to build this thing? It isn't to have a place to pray, that is for sure. It seems to be part of a concerted effort to keep DIVISION and HATRED burning. The same causes that make wealthy men smile and politicians place a mask of concern on their faces. This is psychological warfare at it's finest people!

Don't be fooled for a second.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Patriot

Then you are a bigot. What if I told you that I don't trust Christians?

I can brink up plenty of atrocities by Christians. Why can't I bitch about a church in NYC then?

+2 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
A seed of Peace! B.S.!
These people do not want peace! They even tried to cause massive death last Christmas and just last month at Times Square. No wonder they laugh at the Sheeple! They interpret this as a sign of weakness.
And yes, the sheeple are weak.
Baaahhhh, bahhhh, baaahhhh.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Violater1]

Careful, your bigot is showing.

Do yourself a favor and dont' blanket statement over a BILLION people as being all the same.

You weren't attacked by Islam on 9/11 you were attacked by Religious Extremism, there's plenty of that to go around and BOTH sides of the aisle Sir.

Seems like the media and the propaganda have gotten to you.
~Keeper

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

I can brink up plenty of atrocities by Christians. Why can't I bitch about a church in NYC then?

Well you are completely free to rail against anything you want...it just won't have the same punch if the church wasn't built where 3000 Arabs were murdered by brainwashed Christians. Note that I say brainwashed.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

That's what has me scratching my head. Out of all the places in NYC, why there? Was that area a hotbed of Muslims prior to 9/11?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Think of it this way: What do you think would happen if someone decided to put a new Saint Patricks in downtown Riyadh?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Originally posted by Johnmike

Well you are completely free to rail against anything you want...it just won't have the same punch if the church wasn't built where 3000 Arabs were murdered by brainwashed Christians. Note that I say brainwashed.

Again, blanket statements.

Not Christians, Christian Extremism. ANY violence with a religious undertone is extremism and HAS to be labeled as such for peopel to understand the difference.

Same goes for the other side, Muslim Extremism.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join