It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans new Web site not exactly what they hoped it would be

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

My neighbor thought Passion of the Christ was "eh". Please arrest him.

Re-elect George Bush. He deserves a third try to get it right. Even in baseball you get 3 strikes before you're out

My neighbor eats tacos and watches Carlos Mencia. Deport him.

Annex Canada and Mexico. Building wall across Guatemala will be easier and melting ice cap means Russians will have harder time with invasion.

The site is a waste of taxpayer money, but good for a laugh.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Lol.. ya.. some funny stuff.. I think painfully obvious not sincere though (god, I hope not anyways lol) ..

I found it especially funny my sincere post was flagged as inappropriate, yet the site is filled with ... inappropriate posting.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
'Not sure whether I buy into the idea or not. But I do think that if you're going to do something like this, then do the research & expend the resources to do it right - starting with competent programming. Otherwise no one will take it seriously & you will fall flat on your face (hark).

It's hard to believe this site is even "legit'. Yes the comments are trolls, but the site itself such an embarrassment - that it rather invites it. Any kid with a MySpace or blog knows that if you publish a site with user generated content - you need to be on it 24/7 to prevent this kind of crap. site-error?aspxerrorpath's already? Hanging page loads already?. "Unavailable. A very high volume of Americans are speaking out right now. Please wait a moment and try again." already? really?

Lock it down & do it right, or don't do it says I.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm actually inclined to say the sites worth while, just for the simple fact that most of the trolling jokes actual have a serious point to them, kinda reminds me of the monster raving loony party.

seriousness through humour

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
I'm actually inclined to say the sites worth while, just for the simple fact that most of the trolling jokes actual have a serious point to them, kinda reminds me of the monster raving loony party.

seriousness through humour

The sad part is.....

Many conservatives in office and even here on ATS, take themselves so seriously that there is no room for humor and disagreement is akin to heresy or at least unpatriotic.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
OldDragger you beat me to the punch.

New Website Lets You Post and Vote on Your Priorities for Congress

Everyone on ATS should go to this site and voice their concerns.
I am not very trusting of the Federal or State Governments but this seem like it is worth a try.
Call it an experiment, I have seen some very good solutions to some of our problems on the ATS forums, this might be a way to get the ideas across to our elected officials.

Speak Out!

This site was developed as part of an official effort to increase the dialogue between Americans and their Congress. Here, Americans are provided a new platform to share their priorities and ideas for a national policy agenda. As Republicans, we are committed to our principles of limited, more accountable government; economic freedom; lower taxes; fiscal responsibility; protecting life, American values, and the Constitution; and providing for strong national security. This is an open forum, however, where all Americans are welcome to respectfully offer their opinions, regardless of party affiliation and whether we endorse them or not. It is our hope the active engagement of the American people will produce a robust debate that will aid in the construction of a new American agenda.

FYI

By clicking "register", I give permission to AmericaSpeakingOut and my Congressional Representative in the House Republican Conference to contact me via email.

www.americaspeakingout.com...

Check out the site and post what you think here, good or bad.
I’ll even start out, this site seems to be Republican Based which means it is not non-partisan, but we can change that. Of the 4 or 5 post that I read on the site, I thought 2 were worthy, the rest seemed to be juvenile in nature and empty of content.

All I am saying is that it might be worth the time.
You be the judges.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Agreed that humour is a great way to broach difficult or contentious subjects. Afterall, the reason we find a joke funny (or not) is whether it resonates with us individually - that is, whether we find a grain of truth in there somewhere. But does anyone really believe that the antics on the site now are designed to promote positive political discourse? There's a time & place, & that site is not the place for late night jokes.

They have to walk the line between censorship, & allowing the site to become a parody of intent. If they continue to allow it to be overrun by saboteurs, detractors & juveniles, it'll never even get off the ground. Which I suspect is the intent of what we're seeing.

I anticipate that it'll either be abandoned - or (preferably) shut down & overhauled. I'll give 'em a go & see how they do though. Thanks OP.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtlasShrugging
Agreed that humour is a great way to broach difficult or contentious subjects. Afterall, the reason we find a joke funny (or not) is whether it resonates with us individually - that is, whether we find a grain of truth in there somewhere. But does anyone really believe that the antics on the site now are designed to promote positive political discourse? There's a time & place, & that site is not the place for late night jokes.

They have to walk the line between censorship, & allowing the site to become a parody of intent. If they continue to allow it to be overrun by saboteurs, detractors & juveniles, it'll never even get off the ground. Which I suspect is the intent of what we're seeing.

I anticipate that it'll either be abandoned - or (preferably) shut down & overhauled. I'll give 'em a go & see how they do though. Thanks OP.

You could also post this statement on that site.
Then chack the reaction.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
By clicking "register", I give permission to AmericaSpeakingOut and my Congressional Representative in the House Republican Conference to contact me via email.

So, it tells you straight to your face; We intend to share your email with our affiliates.

OK. Those are my words as to how I interpret what privacy I am exchanging in order to voice my opinion.

They will only contact me when I post something questionable. Yet, when I write to my reps, I wait until even today without having any reply to anything I wrote many months ago.

This is how you can expect strange people knocking on your door in the cover of darkness, trying to catch you off-guard.

In short, don't post anything but praise, or you'll be sorry. I find this site (NOT ATS) to be extremely questionable.

Now that I've voiced my prejudice, I'm going to go see what it's all about. Read the small print people.

Good work OP.

It's harder for the censors to censor stuff written on member profile pages.
Here's an example...

brokebrokebroke
this site will BACKFIRE IF CENSORSHIP CONTINUES IN A COUNTRY WHERE THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FREEDOM OF SPEECH IF THE GOP USES SUCH METHODS IT IS TIME TO VOTE FOR ANYONE ELSE THAN GOP BACKED CANDIDATES. think you fools!!!
6 Total Votes

brokebrokebroke

I'll see if this post is still there once returning to his/her profile page.
OH Yeah! I went to give the thumbs-up, and was immediately prompted to register???

[edit on (5/26/1010 by loveguy]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You could also post this statement on that site. Then chack the reaction.

Yeah, I'm sure of the reaction I'd get ;-) but I tried. After trying to post for 20min, & being warned that my post was "inappropriate", plus no means of contact, feedback, suggestions etc - I give up. Certainly not doing themselves any favors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join