It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK has 'fewer than 225 nuclear weapons'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Star for you.

You said it all my friend, and I know it is unrealistic, that is why I said wish. If you believe our great nations are controlled by a select few(and I know I do) then these people are absolute, pure evil. I hear people in my country saying things like "oh, we need to take back our country!!" "Wake up" and so and so forth. And when I read threads on ATS about freedoms are being taken away, I feel overwhelming sadness, because I know how long this has been going on. I know we have never been free, they took away the term slave and renamed it 'middle class'.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kybertech
I kind of waited for this response, my bad. If your mindset is about preserving power at all costs what would you do too many officers will not hit people with sticks?
Of course ... islamic terrorists got hold of a nuke somehow.

And other then that I just wanted to point out how likely a nuclear war with another country would be... like in the shapeshifting lizards area...

I have no idea what you're saying here, or trying to say. But, Stumason pretty much summed it up in regards to your previous post.

Quoted for truth:

Oh dear lord, what rubbish!

So, in order to preserve control, our Government would deploy multi-megaton city killers against a baying crowd? That's almost on par with the "Queen is a shapeshifting lizard" nonsense in terms of sillyness.

What would they achieve from doing that? The country would be destroyed, any people left would be mad, the army would turn on the Government for killing their own people and they'd all be doomed! It's far easier, cheaper, less destructive and more efficient just to bash people with sticks and lob CS gas at them.

Nuclear weapons for crowd control....

And maybe your right Stu, my last post did come off as naive.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
I have no idea what you're saying here, or trying to say.

Ok, to spell it out for you. The chance that the nukes will be used at all _ever_ is very slim. So slim that that coming up with the the most likely scenario in the current "zeitgeist" would seem even more unlikely. If you call that whacko go ahead

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Oh I see, well no nation wants a nuclear war, it would be bad for everyone. But using nukes on your own citizens is like trying to rid your house of intruders by blowing the house up.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
160 Warheads may not sound like a lot when put into the perspective of something like the (Ex)Soviet Arsenal.

However you should note that those warheads are in the possession of the royal navy which for some strange reason I have found serves to increase the 'scare the crapp outta people' factor by an order of magnitude.

Odd, but true... Possibly its just the accent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join